Tue, Oct 22, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: being happy with yourself

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 12:47 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

no matter how costly a camera is, it can only capture what it is directed to see.a less expensive point and shoot is limited on what it is directed to see and it's inherent limitations.putting limitations aside, composition is a big factor in having a good shot, and either camera can be utilized for composition

if you enjoy what you have captured as being a fair representation of what your eyes has led you to comprehend, then make yourself happy. if the viewer sees something of merit, then they can enjoy also

Jean-Luc_Ajrarn ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 1:31 PM

Agreed. :)

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 1:36 PM

Very well put Richard I agree totally.

Royce

flavia49 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 4:54 PM

I agree.

Flavia

myshelle ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 4:54 PM

How absolutely true

TheSeekerr ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:29 PM

You're not wrong, but a compact does have one large disadvantage for composition: Depth of Field. Too much of it, to be specific. There're lots of shots in the photography gallery here which are sound in concept, but which suffer from a cluttered composition thanks to all the stuff still clearly visible in the background.

Doesn't mean compacts can't take a good photo, though...I might make a point of shooting with the S95 a bit next week to see what I come up with.

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 7:12 AM

Yes, it still goes back to what is behind the camera...thinking, direction, a finger to click the shutter.  While good fortune may provide a striking photo, without practice and effort that is a one time event.  Something must be credited to experience of a proper sort.

blinkings ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:02 AM

One of the things that attracted me to Rendo in the first place was that the members are not stupidly critical about EVERYTHING. There are many sites (I'm sure we all know of a few) where people who wouldn't know a lens from a leg rip into every photo, finding faults that are not there, and generally squeezing every last bit of fun out of a shot. You could take a photo of the second coming of Christ, and someone would jump straight on it saying:

• 'You should have got your model to shave to show off the childlike qualities of the piece'.
  • 'Crosses are sooooo 2009, nailing him to a circle would unite the background with the DOF's POV and CCD'.
  • 'I find Mary sobbing in the background a little distracting. You need to photoshop her out'.
  • 'FAKE....you can see the cloning around his wrists'!

Sometimes a photo just IS WHAT IT IS. Constructive suggestions are great, but in my experience, the power to comment on other people's work is seldom used wisely. 

Jean-Luc_Ajrarn ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:54 AM

Ahahah! Blinkings, you are so right. :)

Sometimes a faux toe just is what it is. Leg it be! ;)

girsempa ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 12:10 PM · edited Sat, 30 October 2010 at 12:17 PM

Being happy with yourself is fine. It's a great attitude in life. It depends on the temperament of each person how long that state of happiness can last. There's often the need or the wish to make progression in various aspects of living. Being able to achieve that progression can also be a source or a ground for being happy with yourself. It's a process that can involve refinement of skills, mastering of tools, self-knowledge and the help of others or a little ambition to occasionally rise above oneself.

Whether or how the different qualities of certain tools can help you to achieve that, can be a very important and deciding factor in various aspects. A really good teacher can get you much further than an average one. A good brush will let you paint your furniture much quicker than a bad brush. A hill is easier to climb with a decent pair of hiking shoes.

On the other hand, some advanced tools can make the achievement seem so easy that it becomes practically worthless... ;o))

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

RowdyCowgirl ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:33 PM · edited Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:35 PM

I had a good friend tell me not to fall in love your photos as other will tear them apart...

But I like rendo just because of the wonderful comments that people leave but would also like comments on how I can improve too. 

4abnormal ( ) posted Wed, 03 November 2010 at 7:27 AM

Great comments.

ElusiveAngel ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2010 at 6:57 AM

I think it is important to see the difference between goood critics and bad critics.  I will appreciate if someone tells me every now and then that they feel the shot could have been improved.  But, when they do tell me that, I will prefer that they tell me how they would have done it and what they would have changed.

To only come on board and give you a bad rating on your photo, saying that it is not so good will only make me negative.  One can give critique as long as it is building that person and is done so to really help that person.

Renderosity is a great place to share and my experience is that most people will give their honest opinion about what they think of your photo.  We all see things differently, so it is important to always keep that in mind.  What is beautiful and stunning for me might be quite ordinary for the next guy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.