Fri, Sep 20, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: {OT} SNOOOOOOOWWWWW

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 11:47 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

3inches since about 10am. if it was warmer, it'd be torrential rain. and it's still coming down heavy.....

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 1:13 PM

We had snow three days ago(only 1 inch), and it's still freezing. As far as I can remember it never been so cold for this time of the year. (Haarlem, Holland)

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 1:27 PM

file_462357.jpg

We've had 20 inches in the last week or so.  I'm dead tired from shoveling sidewalks and roof!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 2:25 PM

We just got our first 4 inches today....and so it begins.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 2:34 PM

Been snowing here since Friday, got about 2 foot of the stuff outside the house atm, whole town's come to a standstill because of it.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 3:29 PM

Several feet here which meant no power for Thanksgiving.   That was fun.  :)  

...... Kendra

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 3:39 PM

Had snow last week but before the snow we had that terrible freezing rain. I hate freezing rain seems you never have enough ice melt and sand.

My Facebook Page

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 5:17 PM

file_462364.jpg

With the exception of today, it's been snowing every single day for 13 days: With 3 major storm systems, an Alberta Clipper 13 days ago that lasted 3 days.  And this week, 2 Colorado Lows.

Here is a picture of what it looked like 10 days ago. It's much worse now!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Replicant ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 5:39 PM

Yep. We've had snowploughs sliding into ditches here in Fife. The view from my window is pretty spectacular. Two inch diameter white telephone lines everywhere I look. And its still snowing with more forecast. I'm going into hibernation if this keeps up.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

josterD ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 8:13 PM

we have tempreratures in the 50's in CA and i feel like i'm gonna die. no matter how much   sweaters and jackets i wear, the cold air gets in.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 8:47 PM

50's?  That's short-sleeve weather for us Arctic types! 

(Not that I really like being an Arctic type ... I've had enough of snow and ice, probably will move back to Oklahoma next year.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 9:11 PM

50f is cold?

it's 32f (0c) here... and it's not even started to be cold yet.....

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 9:19 PM

Hehe never got to 40 (degrees) here today.

My Facebook Page

josterD ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 9:26 PM

Well, not all you guys may have this. I have old injuries and they hurt really bad when it's cold at the temp it is now. I have pretty bad chest pain

JunkoH ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 10:18 PM

Quote - Well, not all you guys may have this. I have old injuries and they hurt really bad when it's cold at the temp it is now. I have pretty bad chest pain

You should move farther south.

I'm just outside Belize City and it's 72 F, and may get down to 68 for low.

There is just a little rain now.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 10:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Around 2 - 3 feet of snow here and the transport system ground to a halt as usual.

Whoever invented snow can shove it up their arse.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 4:25 AM

Quote - You should move farther south.

I'm just outside Belize City and it's 72 F, and may get down to 68 for low.

There is just a little rain now.

I am so so so jealous, i worked in Belize for a month in the 80s and i love the place, Steve

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 4:41 AM

I know this thread is supposed to be off topic, but if I can be on topic just for a moment, you can add snow to any Poser scene with my Snow Machine script, just in case you were thinking of doing any seasonal renders. Oh, and it's free by the way.

Snow Machine example

Sorry about butting in - carry on as you were :-)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 6:51 AM

Quote - I know this thread is supposed to be off topic, but if I can be on topic just for a moment, you can add snow to any Poser scene with my Snow Machine script, just in case you were thinking of doing any seasonal renders. Oh, and it's free by the way.

Link?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 6:56 AM

Even on Leith's mean streets (Leith is the Port for Edinburgh) cars and pedestrians are skidding around, and I've spent 20-30 minutes every day this week digging my car out to get to work. Not fun.

Anyone looking for SnarlyGribbly's Snow Machine script, it's here.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 7:47 AM

Oops, yes - the link! Thanks cspear for posting it.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 12:13 PM

What is this snow thing you yankies and canadians talk about around this time each year?

BTW, yeay for being in coastal centeral FL. 

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 12:28 PM

Quote - What is this snow thing you yankies and canadians talk about around this time each year?

Us Brits also talk about it.  :tongue2:

My Store

My Gallery

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 12:38 PM

ok thats not just a snow shader.

I see Ash, Dust, lichen, dirt.....

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 1:55 PM

yes.... if that could be layered or the material increased in it's colour options...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 2:09 PM

Quote - What is this snow thing you yankies and canadians talk about around this time each year?

I ain't no yankee I grew up outside of St.Petersburg on the gulf beaches.....I just find myself living with them now. That means no mow  "I don't care how you did up north" jokes. LOL!!!

My Facebook Page

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quote - yes.... if that could be layered or the material increased in it's colour options...

I'm open to ideas - what did you have in mind?

I'm working towards bringing it to a v1.0 release, but if there's scope to extend its usefulness I'd consider a wishlist for a v2.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 2:51 PM

thinking first off, instead of just the 1 colour, 2, 3 or even 4 could give you moss, lichen, etc... far more scope you see... if you could layer it, you could put snow ontop of moss... etc...

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 6:43 PM

file_462403.jpg

The snow I could cope with.

But I took a picture (pardon the quality, I was shivering and it's a mobile phone) of the road as I walked home from work on Wednesday... (Because it's too dangerous to drive!! Damn you, Surrey County Council!)

That shiny stuff isn't wet. It's ice. About half an inch thick, the entire length of the road (about a mile and a half). The other sideroads are just as bad.

Silke

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 7:33 PM

I'm just down the road from Sllke and while the main routes are clear, theres no trains running and buses are down to luck. Which isn't good for us right now, as we don't drive and my better half is seriously ill in hospital 30 miles away. Which is why I've not been online much over the last week. With the help of friends, managed to see her today, but the forecast says it'll ice up tommorow like in Sllke's photo, dunno how we'll get there.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 7:47 PM

Ice is the worst as I said in my prior post it seems that you just don't have enough ice melt and sand on hand. Also people kill me with their 4 wheel drive vehicles some just don't seem to understand that having your vehicle in the four wheel drive mode doesn't counteract against icey roads you still slip and slide all over the place. I will take plowed snow over ice any day!

My Facebook Page

Elfwine ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 2:18 AM

mrsparky, hope your wife is well soon, and able to be home for the Holidays! Remember to walk with your knees slightly bent while on the ice.  ; )

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 9:28 AM

I'm sorry for all you folks that live in that mess.  My wife and I spent two years in Iceland where we didn't get the Alberta Clipper but the Greenland Ice Pack Whopper.

That means seeing those large green industrial dumpsters sailing down a parking lot being stopped momentarily by parked cars before ending its and their destination at the snowbank at the east end of the parking lot.

or walking from an ACWS radar complex to the mess hall and bouncing off your butt 19 times I (even though you are holding onto the guide ropes)

or forming a human chain to hold on to children between the apartment complex and the school bus so that they don't end up at the east end of the parking lot where the dumpster and cars collect. That wasn't even during the three months of really bad weather.

Jan 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 9:44 AM

Sorry to hear about your wife, Sparks.  My best wishes to both of you.

I was due to go in for an operation on my knee today but had to cancel because of the weather.

My Store

My Gallery

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 9:52 AM

wow Silke that looks bad.

We have had flurrys here off and on for the past couple days. But I'm not looking forward to the small amout of snow we do get here. I'm a Florida girl through and through. :) You all be careful! :)

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 10:49 AM

Well, I had a "Snow Day" today :)

Seeing as my boss couldn't make it to work -- and he has the keys -- there wasn't much point going in. :P

As per the call this morning "Go back to bed"

So I did. :)

Silke

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 10:56 AM

lol Silke I love those days :)

DarthJ ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2010 at 8:43 PM

file_462479.jpg

Picture taken on 10 February 2010.

The same misery as now. Bravely I joined the long queue, drove 2 km which took me 30 minutes and decided to turn back. At that "speed" it would take me hours to cover the 15 km to work and that with a car far too new to be dented. Sent this picture in an email to work. Hey, it's not my fault most of my co-workers travel by train and did get to work that day because amazingly enough the trains were running.

Today I had to cancel going to an event in France, not so funny.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 05 December 2010 at 5:26 AM

Yesterday morning it snowed and we had 6 inches of snow, in the evening it started to rain and know we have 2 inches of muddy smoothie. No fun at all.

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 6:20 AM

Brilliant. I spent 3 hours digging out access to the car park for my flat to the main road, and this morning woke up to... another 6 inches of snow. Took the bus in to work, which took 2 hours.

On a side note, they've issued an avalanche warning for Arthur's Seat (that's the big hill in Holyrood Park in the centre of Edinburgh).

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

FalseBogus ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 10:33 AM

We have about half a meter (roughly 20 inches) of snow so far. 8" more of it just today.

Snow is fun but at this rate there will be more than enough by end of winter (it's unlikely it will melt away earlier)

Major downside is that I have to wake up 10 min earlier to dig the car out.

DarthJ ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 11:08 AM

quote :

they've issued an avalanche warning for Arthur's Seat (that's the big hill in Holyrood Park in the centre of Edinburgh).

In the avalanches' theoretical path :

• Holyrood Palace (the Queen's residence in Edinburgh)

• Scottish parliament

• a lot of tourists

As long as it doesn't go for Duddingston Village or even Portobello beach.

FalseBogus ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 12:29 PM

file_462575.jpg

Had to go out and take pic with mobile (thus the poor quality).

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 2:14 PM

Wow...we have nothing like you guys have although we're having flurries off and on here and it's cold as a witch's you know what outside...we'll be getting some hard snow fall soon...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 3:11 PM

Right now were I am it's about 36F outside with a windchill of about 31F. But no huge snow at least not yet.

My Facebook Page

Mogwa ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 5:39 PM

A week ago it was 70 degrees Farenheit with clear blue skies. It's currently 17 degrees and we have three inches of snow on the ground with more on the way. I think we tend to forget how quickly winter can slip in on us.

Alberta Clipper! The words give me goose bumps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.