Wed, Sep 18, 10:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My Poser 7 Parameters Window Won't Show all the Dials

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 11:16 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

file_462630.jpg

This problem drives me crazy.   I'll be trying to create a character from, say, Michael 4. When I click on head or body to make changes, I can rarely get to the bottom of the Parameters window.  The attached figure shows how far down I can go in the window. Minimizing some of the higher parameters in the window sometimes helps, but very rarely.  

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 11:32 AM

file_462631.png

You should have a scroll bar down the side of a long palette. I'm not sure why you don't, but it may be that one of Poser's GUI definition files has become corrupted, which would probably mean re-installation; but wait a bit in case someone else has another idea. Your mouse wheel should also scroll the dials; does that work?

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 12:58 PM

I have had this occasionally , but its hard to reproduce. Look at the bottom right corner of the bar in EnglishBobs picture, you see thats a resize button (for lack of a better word) . If you pull that sideways you widen the bar. That may get you the slider. The slider only appears when the content is longer than the bar.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 2:46 PM

I usually do have the slider bar on the right.   But when I try to drag it down, it only goes so far, then stops.  Thanks!

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:31 PM

But you are right.  Sometimes I don't have the slide bar.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 3:34 PM

I can't get low enough to find the resize button.  And yes, I can move the dials that are visible.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 5:57 PM

I would find C:Documents and SettingsOwnerApplication DataPoser 7poser ui prefs_1024_768.xml and rename it. 

Poser should recreate it . 

Note : owner might be something else its what you sign on as.

1024 x 768 is your screen resolution, yours may be different.

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2010 at 7:19 PM

documents and settingsOwnerPoser 7libraryprefs.xml is the closest I get to what you listed.   No screen resolution is indicated.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2010 at 3:53 AM

My UI prefs are in C:Documents and SettingsUserApplication DataPoser 7English on one machine, and C:Documents and SettingsUserApplication DataPoser 7 on another - I have no idea why...

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2010 at 9:52 AM

Which folder it goes in depends on if you installed Poser for current user only or ALL users of the PC.  Dont delete libraryprefs.xml , it would be recreated but you would have to respecify all your external runtimes.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2010 at 9:57 AM

OK thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.