Thu, Oct 3, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Is there a 3D tutorial for Poser?

renderclipps ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 5:34 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:30 AM

I'm wondering if there's a tutorial on how to make 3D scenes in poser or Daz for the new 3D TV's currently being sold?

renderclipps ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 5:34 PM

I'm using Poser 7 btw

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:58 PM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 7:59 PM

Hmm I don't think i've seen that come up yet.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:03 PM

Quote - I'm wondering if there's a tutorial on how to make 3D scenes in poser or Daz for the new 3D TV's currently being sold?

I'm going to go out on a limb on this one and say that there's no way for you to make that type of 3D scene for the new T.V.s because of the type of 3D that it is.  I'm thinking that I read that somewhere that you'll need special equipment to make the movie and to show it. Something about both two projectors with one flickering or something, that can be picked up by polarized 3D glasses.  I'm not sure how the 3D T.Vs work but my guess is that it works in a similar method but instead of having two projectors doing the work, the glasses are doing the work by using a shutter which is probably why they are batterly powered.  But don't quote me on the tech aspects of it. Just a guess from what little I know about Real 3D.

You can however create 3D images the old way using 3D anaglyph (The red and blue 3D glasses). I've actually turned some poser art into 3D using that method.  Just make sure you have some aspirin close by because after a while you'll get a headache. Also the 3D anaglyph creates an inward 3D picture where you are looking into the screen.  Polarized 3D creates an outward 3D where things come out of the screen.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:10 PM

I decided to go look for an entertaining video on 3D so you can have a more accurate idea of what you are dealing with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTwhzhVj49c

enjoy

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 1:01 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_462838.jpg

att. img is one way using interlaced 3d display (active visor), in case they decide that red/blue or red/green (passive visor) is not gonna provide them with a good profit margin. I've never actually seen a 3d tv, but red/blue or red/green is 1950s tech.  psd file from cs4e.  there was a workflow tutorial on this, but it disappeared from their help site.  if editing vid clips in csxe, limit it to 500 frames at a time to avoid going gaga.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 5:41 PM

Quote - Also the 3D anaglyph creates an inward 3D picture where you are looking into the screen.  Polarized 3D creates an outward 3D where things come out of the screen.

Means you have the R/L image wrong way.switch them around.

Check out nvidia's site about shutter use. If you have thier cards and a monitor/glasses that are compatable.

There are 3D TV's that don't use glasses starting to leak into the market.

Anaglyph Maker is free if you want to try that. www.stereoeye.jp. It can also do 3D-LC shutter and images for auto 3D-LCD. All you have to do is set your poser camera 10 degrees to the right of your scene and render/save. then do the same to the left. Import the 2 images into Anaglyph Maker and you have all the conversion options and adjustment control. It take just a few seconds to get the result. Simple and easy.

Allstereo ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:48 PM

Hello,

There is two questions here. First, it is easy in Poser to create the left and right images that can be used after to generated stereo images. I wrote a small Python script (See  the Python forum on this site) that created the left and right images. Next, to generate the stereo images (either red-blue anaglyphs, stereo pairs or other types), you need a special stereoscopic program. My preference is for Stereo PhotoMaker (http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/).  I saw some tutorials on the net refering to Poser, but I don't remenber where (One is probably on the DAZ site). Type Stereo, Anaglyphs on their search engine   

The second question was also mine some time ago. Being an amateur stereographer and producing stereo images in Poser (), I would like also to see my scenes on 3DTV. In stereoscopic forums, it is advanced that MPO format file can be read in the USB port or Card port of the some Panasonic 3DTV. (VT20 and VT25). MPO file format a stereoscopic format used with the new FujiFilms 3D Camera. This type of file can be created (from the left and right images) by Stereo PhotoMaker.

Another set-up involves the use on a computer connected to the 3DTV by a HDMI cable (http://www.3dmovielist.com/3dhdtvs.html)

At this time, I don't have a 3DTV so I have not tested myself these solutions. 

Allstereo ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:41 PM

Hello,

My Python script is now in the Freestuff section.

AllStereo

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:05 PM

o.k., thx fr script, Allst.  does Stereo PhotoMaker do short vid clips?  I wonder if they would let us sneak into a video store and plug in an USB drive just to try it out?

Allstereo ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 11:47 AM

Hello,

No, Stereo Photomaker is for still images. To my knowledge, there is no way to play 3D home made movie on the 3DTV. 

Bye

renderclipps ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 5:22 PM

"There are 3D TV's that don't use glasses starting to leak into the market."

hmmm

I've already ordered a 3D TV with glasses for Xmas, think I might have to get a copy of Maya too :-(

Thanks for the advice everone

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 4:17 AM

I'm sure it will end up in Blender before too much longer :)

renderclipps ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 5:53 AM

lol, sadly yes, I had no idea non glasses 3DTV was on the market already

Allstereo ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2010 at 8:35 AM

Hello,

I don't know if you are familiar with stereoscopy. The non glasses 3DTV are said to be autostereoscopic. This type of display is already use for the FudjiFilm 3D camera and  display frame. See http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/   

charlesatlas ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 5:26 PM

Allstereo

Is your script the one that gives the instructions in german?  Thanks.

charlesatlas ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2010 at 12:24 PM

Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.