Fri, Sep 20, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do I get a hat to stay attached to figure

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2010 at 7:13 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:25 AM

Hi,

Poser 8.

I have a hat on my david figure but when I pose him, the hat doesn't cooperate and follow the position of the head. I've looked at Conform to when I have the hat selected, but the hat is a prop and doesn't show any options to conform to my guy's head. Must be simple solution. Any help out there?

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2010 at 7:19 PM

Select the hat

Object -> Set Parent -> Drill to David's head and hit OK

My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 6:07 AM

Ditto on that response.

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 6:40 PM

Dr. Evil drilling holes in David's head.:scared:

Alternative:

If you have the hierarchy window open all the time like me. Just grab the hat and drag it and drop in on David's head listing.

Less painfull to David and you don't have to post work out the blood stains from drilling into his head:laugh:

You can use either method and parent figures and props to each other. Like glasses or bottles to a table you want to move. Figure like David to a seat in a car figure and then move the car. Another trick is if you load a table and then a bottle but the bottle loads on the ground...parent the bottle to the table, if the origin of the bottle is in the bottle (hopefully at the bottom) you can zero the X,Y, and Z translations in the bottle and it will be at the same orign on the table which if at the top of the table saves a ton of time moving things around. Even if the origns are not ideally set as explained, it should get the bottle very close to where it should be.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Michaelab ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:56 PM

for some reason when I drag and drop, that does nothing and changing parent, although it places it in the heirarchy window it doesn't get attached to the head

jonnybode ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 10:35 PM

Did you pose the hat to Davids head first?

After that, set parent head.

And after that if needed, select hat and "lock actor"

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2010 at 12:23 AM

Poser won't put the hat on David's head for you. You have to do that yourself. But once it is where you want it to be:

Select Object -> Set Parent -> Select David's Head in the Hierarchy Window -> Click OK

Now the hat should stay on David's head until you take it off.

You can make the hat a smart prop from now on though if you resave it or save it and rename it.  Then it should load on top of David's head.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.