Sun, Oct 6, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Does anyone know who the artist is?

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 11:02 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

file_464419.jpg

I downloaded these back in 2003 for inspiration, I just stumbled across them while searching an old HD.

Back then this work was stellar, although it's still really impressive, I can pick out most of the brycean modeling etc.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 11:41 AM

Attached Link: thumb

Found half of it on TinEye, just the bottom though, apparently called "taurean_juggernaut"

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 11:48 AM

Thanx Bobby, he also has 3 posters on Zazzle, though no other info to go on.

I'll keep on diggin.

___

RobertJ ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 2:44 PM

Oh memories, the bulldozer was partially made out of terrains.

Sadly i don't know the artist by name

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2011 at 4:36 PM · edited Sun, 23 January 2011 at 4:48 PM

Zazzle sasys it was created by dtx_ The zazzle profile is off and no one here or at DAZ by that name.

rj001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 2:40 AM

damn thats good modelling

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

airflamesred ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 4:24 AM

Classy stuff indeed

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 5:53 AM
Forum Moderator

I've seen that stuff before. It's awesome. Dont' know who did it though.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Hubert ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 4:15 PM

I too remember at least that impressive bulldozer image, but not the artist's name.

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

clay ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2011 at 4:40 PM

I believe it was a japanese guy, can't remember his name for the life of me, that was back in the day when we were doing a lot of sym lattice modeling he was/is an awesome modelor.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Hubert ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 6:15 AM

Hello again,

have done some more investigations on my inspiration-image HD followed by some websearch.

That bulldozer was built with Bryce and DTE/terrains even before 1999!

I just found the according R'osity Forum thread. (Whereas the contained url of this tutorial site has expired)
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=116325

The artist's name was "dtx", "dtx_" and currently seems to be "dtxart". I found several hints that these old DTE tutorials were done by a certain Peter Small.
His current site is here, though without that old bryced stuff: http://www.deeptextures.co.uk/portfolio.htm

Great News: Some old "Deeptextures" tutorials and even that of this "Oracian Tractor" are still online here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dtxart/Chaffrme.htm

:)
Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

RodsArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 7:28 AM

WHOO HOO! Thanks Hubert, Great detective work!

___

Hubert ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 9:01 AM

Hi,

always am glad to help. :)

(quoted): "I found several hints that these old DTE tutorials were done by a certain Peter Small."
Oops! "Peter Small" seems not to be "dtx"?!

I possibly misinterpreted this on a web snippet about similar DTE tutorials. (Besides, neither his old web pages nor his current site contain any real name?! And data mining for it in UK online phonebooks with his current "company" address would imho only cause additional efforts and possibly lead to paranoia. ;)

Signed
HTAFKAH (**)

(**) = Hubert-the-artist-formerly-known-as-Hubert

clay ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 4:29 PM

His Flash site:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dtxart/DTXflsh5.htm

RodsArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 5:06 PM

Cool, there they are. Sad he didn't do more of those large scale projects. Though I can imagine each of those were a lot of work.

Thanks and Kudos guys!

___

clay ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 5:15 PM

Fire him/her off an email, now I'm goin crazy trying to remember their name LOL!!!!

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:56 AM

The name Jonathon Allen seems to ring a bell, but we are talking of a time long, long ago.....

In those days the people who could make Bryce do this kind of stuff were the gods....Jeff Richardson, Peter Sharpe, Bob Buttery, Bill Munns, Necati Pamuk, a certain "Clay Hagebusch"....!

Great times.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

clay ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 5:17 AM

Hey I'm still here Paul:-P And nice to see you around again,

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 8:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Not forgetting Rochr.........;-)

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

clay ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2011 at 1:22 PM

True that Bryster.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2011 at 9:02 AM
Forum Moderator

I think Jonathon Allen made a load of presets for Bryce in the past.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.