Sun, Sep 22, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Anyone got some mac OBJs I can have?

wolfie ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 2:02 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:32 AM

I am trying to make a command line OBJ scaler and want to test it with some MAC objs (only CR's).

They can be any objects, even a simple cube.

PM me or you can post links here if you want them public.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 2:52 PM

the wavefront.obj format looks the same in txt editor, whether win or OS X.  what are CR's?

wolfie ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 3:13 PM

Carriage returns (x0d).  LF are line feeds (x0a).  Windows uses both CRLF (x0d0a).  Some platforms such as unix and (I thought) mac use LF only or CR only.  OBJ is a text format file so it can be any of the three possibilities for line endings.

I have tested the utility against files I manually created with CRs, LFs and CRLFs but I wanted originals to test against.  I have tested it against OBJs from Poser, Modo, UVMAPPER and HEX.  So far so good.  It appears to scale them properly and can be called from a BAT file to automate the process which is what I was looking for.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 3:47 PM

On all the scripts I write I go through an "if elif else" routine that covers all of the options.

wolfie ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 4:31 PM

At the beginning it grabs like 1k from the file and looks for CR, LF and CFLF and sets flags based on what it finds before it begins line scanning.

I just wanted some examples to test against.  Since I don't have a mac, I have no way to make mac files.  I manyually wrote some files out with only CRs and LFs but as you know, real world files can sometimes not be what you expected:)

I have a working test app if anyone (windows only) wants to test it.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 5:00 PM

file_464513.png

saved poser box as obj.  it looks like att img.  diamonds are spaces and the thing at end of line is line feed.  I checked random downloaded objs (created by win usrs) and they all have LF.  maybe OS X converts CRs automatically to LF now.  I dunno if they can distribute obj files that are copyrighted.

wolfie ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2011 at 8:50 PM

I am not asking for copyrighted stuff.  Just freebies that were made on a mac is all.  I don't even want anything usable or big.  As I said, even just a generic cube with 8 verts and associated faces.

Roxam ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 2:40 AM

Attached Link: http://elleque.net/content/

I think "elleque" creates on Mac and has freebees on her site... a very talented artist, She is the creator of Scampixie Pranx

http://elleque.net/content/

wolfie ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 9:42 AM

Ok, thank you.  I will investigate the link when I get off work.  Much appreciated.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 4:12 PM

if ya open a mac obj file with LFs, the win7 OS may convert 'em to CRs, as OS X appears to convert CRs to LFs on open.

wolfie ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 4:57 PM

Its not the OS.  Its the application you open the file with.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.