Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: event pennants

EugyptuS ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 8:01 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 6:48 PM

file_464530.jpg

has anyone ever seen these or anything like these, and if not, how hard would it be to model something like this?

I need to make long strings of them as in a used car lot.....and partially poseable if possible.

Thanks

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 8:26 PM

would probably be easier and with a more realistic result if they were dynamic. I haven't seen any though.

Laurie

brynna ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2011 at 8:49 PM

Mike-

I'll keep my eyes open - I haven't even seen paid ones but I get around the 3D 'verse enough that maybe I'll stumble upon them. :-)

Linda

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2011 at 3:42 AM

Are you able to use dynamic cloth? It would be easy to whip up something that could flutter convincingly in the breeze.

EugyptuS ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hi,

I'm not looking for a lot of movement, just so the line can droop and flags maybe a little angle from the base line...........this is not for an animation but a still image. I am using PPro 2010, but I am not very adept at using the cloth room.

thanks again

brynna ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2011 at 3:57 PM · edited Thu, 27 January 2011 at 3:57 PM

Attached Link: ATV

Mike-

I just now approved this. The geometries appear to be internal, so I don't know if you can separate out the pennant or not. Might be worth asking Rick68 to see if he can do it for you. :-)

Linda

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2011 at 6:01 PM

file_464558.jpg

I've got some dynamic bunting. If this is along the right lines, I'll simulate it and add a few morphs for droop, wind and so forth.

EugyptuS ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2011 at 6:41 PM

Thanks EnglishBob, 

I think that should work fine

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2011 at 8:20 AM

Attached Link: Bunting_beta01.zip (76KB)

Here's a first beta for you to have a try with. It has a couple of morphs to make the string of flags droop, and to blow them sideways in the wind.

The major thing that's missing at this stage is that the whole thing only has one material, so you can't colour the flags individually (or apply letters to them to spell out "Happy Birthday" and similar slogans), which seems like a useful thing to do.

I'll work on that next.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2011 at 9:53 AM

Attached Link: Bunting_beta02.zip (77KB)

...and here it is. Each flag has its own material zone and can be coloured individually.

EugyptuS ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2011 at 10:24 AM

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

just what I needed!

Thanks EB!

I'll send a link when the final image is done

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.