Sun, Oct 6, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I think it is a scam

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 10:31 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:17 PM

I got a site mail today from a member I never heard of who has no gallery, no personal info, no friends, no favorites, etc...

Hello
I found you very attractive and would like to contact you for a possible relationship. please I'm not in the age problem, I like you and if you give me how to send me your e-mail address so I tell you more about me.Meabwhile is my e-mail xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (email address omitted by me).
* Linda*

I sent a message to admin that someone may up to something fishy. Anyone else get one of these??

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 10:44 PM

Hey Will, Good call sending it along to admin. They'll ban the member and make sure there are no clones that would continue on with this fishing scam. Not sure if they take it to the extreme of chasing and following up with the IP.

If anyone else gets stuff like this, Please do the same. Contact  a Moderator or Admin, and do not by any means contact the spammer.

Thanks for the heads up Will.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

rstar ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2011 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 12:05 AM

Uh oh, sneeky!
Thanks for the heads-up!

Corrie

clay ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 2:19 AM

Uhhh...yeah that's a scammer, sounds like one of the Nigerian scams.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

rstar ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 7:48 AM

Those kinds of solicitations have been said to come from the direction of Asia as well.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 8:10 AM

I sure everyone is correct...  I like to point out though that no violations have been done.. there is no law or TOS.. against someone omitting they like a particular person..

I would investigate further before actually austing this person out of Renderosity...

just a thought..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 8:41 AM

Good point Tom, I'm sure Admin will investigate prior to taking any drastic measures.

My previous statement could have been more detailed about what will probably occur.
I know I jumped right to an end result.

Personally I steer away from contacts unless I've initiated it, or it can be easily verified.
Personal info theft is rampant these days, especially from seemingly innocent sources.

Rod

___

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:01 AM
Forum Moderator

OMG! I just posted about the same girl. :lol:

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:06 AM

Well of course Chris.....You're attractive too. LOL

___

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:12 AM
Forum Moderator

@ Rod.  Yeah, right! :lol:

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:26 AM

Wait a minute -- she mailed me first!  Second thought, Chris can have her,  she is probably a 300lb "he" with a beard and tattoos.

PS

Admin notified me problem has been taken care of.

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:38 AM

"thumbs up"

___

airflamesred ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:56 AM · edited Thu, 03 February 2011 at 9:58 AM

Come to think of it I recall one yesterday from someone called Linda. Hadn't made a link with rendo though.

Binned anyway

edit : just realised you said sitemail, Will - strange I got email

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 6:39 PM

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I find everyone here attractive, and am not in the age problem, as long as you are 18 age in years or older, and are female of person.

Love,

John

:^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

mertext ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 11:19 PM

thats a scam, no offense, hope you weren't getting your hopes up!

But I got pretty much the same message word for word off another 3d forum. I just deleted it and moved on. SO either someone is really really in love with 3d artists OR their phishing...

aka MCDLabs
also known as Daniel Merrill a grumpy old disabled Jarhead.
checkout my freebies at
https://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mcdlabs

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2011 at 11:44 PM

LOL@tjohn! :-D

Corrie

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 6:48 AM

LOL...Not to worry Skiwillgee I'm sure the engagement ring is in the mail and on its way to you as we write...shotgun wedding bells in the air maybe?

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 7:11 AM
Forum Moderator

I would glady sell my home, my car and my computers for the privalage of finding some 300lb Albanian lady with big bazooombas. Come on ladeez! I love you long time! Ladeez called TJohn need not apply. I give good jig-a-jig. You likee velly much!

Desperate of Mars.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 7:22 AM

Oh my, what have I started.  Hello, tjohn.  long time no post. 

I'll forward any additional request to tjohn and Bryster.   (Willie goes off  singing "...romance is in the air..."

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 7:39 AM

@ Bryster

"Desparate fom Mars"

Hmm gets me thinking back to why the the beagle lander disappeared. Wasn't it supposed to be cushioned on landing by big inflatable balls? Me thinks the Bryster mistook them for a plethora of giant boobies and attacked.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 7:51 AM · edited Fri, 04 February 2011 at 7:52 AM
Forum Moderator

:lol: @ Joe!

Sarissi ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 11:46 AM

I haven't gotten one of those, and it would get deleted by me immediately. Even if it were from a guy, it would be deleted immediately. If I were to say anything about myself on this site, I would be banned immediately.

50parsecs ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2011 at 5:15 PM

OMG! It's true! And here I thought it was just a campy old '60s movie. "**Mars Needs Women" **

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060672/

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 7:50 AM
Forum Moderator

Oh WOW! Tommy Kirk - great great granddaddy of James T.

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 10:39 AM

Oh WOW! Tommy Kirk - great great granddaddy of James T.

Now Chris has gone where no man has gone before.....  Well, not true...  Come to think of it, there are a few of us here on a very strange journey,,,,  I include my self.

I'm going to write  "scam girl" and ask her for a date....  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2011 at 1:03 PM

All Brycers are cute, adorable and friendly. But the Lindas out there need to know, they are not gulllible. Besides Rosie and I have laid claim to all the elligible guys here, so NO LINDAs allowed!

:b_funny:

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 7:03 AM
Forum Moderator

Agreed Ang, but we are suckers for a whip and fishnet stockings. :lol:

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 7:14 AM

Quote - Agreed Ang, but we are suckers for a whip and fishnet stockings. :lol:

Chris, I didn't know you were so old fashioned. I moved on to crotchless Abominable Snowmen suits a long time ago.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 7:40 AM
Forum Moderator

Electro, not so much old fashioned, more 'it works for me'.

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 8:52 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

MODERN ROMANCE NOVEL

He grasped me firmly, but gently, just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice, close to my ear.

"Just relax. . . " Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing and moving upward along my calves, slowly, but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure. When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and I partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties.

Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking "no" for an answer. A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say . . . . .

"Okay, ma'am," said a voice. "All done." My eyes snapped open and he was standing in front of me, smiling, holding out my purse. "You can board your flight now."

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 3:16 PM
Forum Moderator

:lol:  Prevert!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.