Wed, Oct 9, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: How do I make...?

zoozI2000 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 3:53 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 8:18 AM

I really want to know, how do I make a character file? how do I make a rsr file, a hair file, a pose file, and most important how do I make a charachter texture myself. Thanks

stu-art ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 4:19 PM

to make a CR2 file simply add the character to your figures library to edit the CR2 use morph manager. same thing with hair and pose files. for tex check out Cakeones tutorial at her site. hope this helps. stu-art

zoozI2000 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 4:27 PM

Thanks... and how do I make the picture file that apear in the libraries?

cal401 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 5:59 PM

Whatever you have in the main window when you save the figure to the library should go in as the picture file. If you frame it the way you want it, then render to the main window prior to the save you should be all set. Cal

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 8:12 PM

How did you save the file? If you saved it via Save in the File menu, this only goes to your Poser directory and you won't get a thumbnail in the libraries. Have your character displayed on your work area screen. In the roll-out libraries where you get your figures, clothes, hair, etc., click on the plus (+) button at the bottom of the palette. Give it a name when prompted. When it's saved, it will show the picture in the roll-out palette with all the others. Just be sure you're saving them in the right libraries. I hope this helps. Melanie

jamball ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2001 at 9:05 PM

Attached Link: http://3dtutor.homestead.com

I hate to be cruel to newbies but there are a ton of Good tutorials on this site that will get you past the "I'm a cute newbie" stage. I've written a few... and I've only been using Poser a few months. Check them out. They are thorough, accurate and lead you by the hand. Many people have invested long hours making these available to the community. We all should want to help each other over the bumps but we should also encourage each other to dig. Be better. If you really want to know, the best place to start is in front of Poser with a few good tutorials. Now get to work man! :)

zoozI2000 ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 2:41 AM

I'll try everything you suggested. and you are not cruel, my friend, you are right! Now I will get to work... (but I am a woman, not a man) :-)

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 8:00 AM

I was a newbie once, myself, and I had help from friendly members in the forums. The tutorials are very helpful, but when someone wants to know something quickly and there are lots of us out here who know how to do it and can say it in a minimum of words (this one doesn't really need a tutorial), then we should be willing to offer our help. I don't mind helping out when I know the answers. Frankly, I'm kind of tired of hearing people shove newbies off by telling them to look in the manual or check the tutorials. This question was a simple one. I don't see why we can't just answer the question in a friendly manner and help a newcomer out. After several years of using Poser and membership in these forums, I still occasionally have questions now and then, myself, and I'm always grateful when the "experts" out there who know more than I do can give me the answers so I can get on with my project without spending time searching for a tutorial (and sometimes the one you want doesn't exist), reading it, and then finally getting back to what I was trying to do. As I said, the tutorials are great, and Jamball, I'm sure yours are worth looking at as are all of them, but there's nothing wrong with answering a person's question. I think the tutorials should be perused when a person has the time, or isn't in need of an immediate solution to a problem. I would encourage newbies to continue to ask questions. That's how we all learned in the beginning. There are probably several other people out there who want to know the same thing, but are afraid to ask, tinking it's a stupid question. I once had a teacher who said that there's no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away! Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2001 at 8:04 AM

...tinking it was... sheesh, I'm just waking up (it's only 6 a.m. and I'm getting ready for work), my typing fingers are still asleep. :) Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.