Tue, Sep 24, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: V4 eyes

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 7:56 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Hey guys how do you get poser models to look at / follow the camera? I'm sure this is simple and I am pretty sure I used to to do it P7.... but cant figure it out in Poser Pro 2010

HELP!

Cariad ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 8:19 AM

I know for P8 it is. select the eye then Object>Point At> select the camera or whatever else you want it to follow.  Rinse and repeat for the other eye.

Don't use PP2010 yet. 

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 8:23 AM
Online Now!

Same difference for PP2010.  That has not changed through all the recent versions. 

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 1:55 PM

Thanks guys.. just needed a nod in the right direction. That'll teach me for not usng Poser half enough.

wolfie ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 1:05 PM

I have gotten in the habit of adding a sphere to the scene and set it so that its not visible in the raytrace scene.  I then point the eyes to that and parent the sphere to the aux camera (which I use to render, I use the main for posing etc).  That way I can use the sphere to pont the eyes off camera or directly at it and if you move the camera, they will track with it.  If I have multiple characters in the scene, I name and colorize the spheres so its easy to distinguish them when creating the poses.   You can also use a similar technique on the head as well to make the head track with the camera or off to one side of it.  For head tracking I usually use a box instead of the sphere and then point the head at the box, the eyes at a sphere.  The box gets parented to the camera, the sphere to the box.  You can then detach the box from the camera if you want and the eyes will stay relative to the head. 

The heirarchy window stays open for me most of the time :)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 1:22 PM
Online Now!

An excellent tip, wolfie.  I will definitely keep this in mind next time I need to track a camera.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.