Fri, Sep 20, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Spawn Character and FBM, need help...

MatCreator ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 10:49 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:27 AM

Hey gang, hope all is groovey with you =)

I need some help using the 2 Poser FBM scripts. I have SVDL's Spawn Charcter and D3D's Spawn FBM, and can't figure out how to use them. I have been using PLH, and can get my morphs out of that w/ no problem, but I tried the "Load Full Body Morph" feature in Poser Pro 2010 and it worked, so if I could stay w/i Poser that'd be great.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, nothing I have done is working, so if someone could explain the process slowly step by step................

I loaded V4, and then used the "Load Full Body Morph" feature. I can then see the dial, and it works just fine. I run SVDL's script, put the morph name, select the 1st channel, and then tell it where to save, and then hit "generate"... It starts doing something, then just hangs at the BodyMorph (this is what I see in a new window that pops up). After a while, I can tell it's not doing anything. Hit ok on the script window, and that pretty much closes/crashes/stops the script. No change is visible...

With D3D's, I do the same steps, load the script, and enter a name... When I click ok, it adds the name I added as a dial, but no change takes place...

For both scripts I leave all options at the default. I hear it working for so many others, so it must be something I'm doing wrong.

Any help or advice would be golden and greatly appreciated =)

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 2:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3667582&ebot_calc_page#message_3667582

Are these Zbrush morphs? I would use Morph from OBJ.

Spawn morph I think, was designed to export all objects (spun dialed)reimport,autodelete all objects and produce a fbm.

MorphfromOBJ was desighed to bring in a Zbrushed object to fbm and INJ/REM.I use this one every time I render in Poser. You have to select the stock figure with the grouping tool before you run the script... then it will drop the INJ and fbm where you tell it to.

I would guess Ppros FBMer is closer to Spawnmorph by svdl... I have not used it. Don't forget to use a zero pose. CR2 foot pose is not the same as Geometry pose. Best to use a virgin figure to import FBM onto at first..

biglovepose ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 6:01 PM

I believe Dimension 3ds Tool collection will do this. There is a spawn morph script that says it will spawn morphs that span several body parts.

MatCreator ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 8:56 PM

I see where the confusion was on my part. I didn't realize that there are 3 different scripts for this. When richardson posted the link for the text file, I thought it was a text file for D3D script I already had. Having tried the MorphFromObj, it works pretty good =)

I still don't understand what richardson is explaining about zeroing and grouping, but I was able to get a usable, working morph.

And YES, these are ZBrush morphs of the entire figure.

I'm glad I finally figured out how to do this. Thank you for your responses =)

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:27 PM · edited Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:34 PM

Glad it worked. If you are happy with the results, then no need to complicate things with more details.

The "T" pose in Geometries is not the same as  what comes from the cr2 pose or "restore" figure pose. The toes can get mashed up. I say "virgin" because it has not been scaled or had special poses applied like "grasp" or "head size"..etc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.