Thu, Sep 19, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: DAZ Studio 4 Beta Test

EltonJ ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2011 at 9:13 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:24 PM

I've been toying with this little thing, and it already has a lot of bugs.  I've reported 2 so far!  YAY!

sylki ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2011 at 6:31 AM

I got it too and can't even open it!! Every serial code I put in won't work!!

LBAMagic ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 7:13 PM · edited Mon, 14 March 2011 at 7:14 PM

I'm seriously interested the final product but I 'm worried about loading a Beta version of Daz Studio 4 on my nicely purring PC. The screen schots definetly have me excited. Sooo tempting. Very tempting. Nope! DS3A is working ok. Just wait a little longer. Waiting.....waiting......

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 11:04 PM

Saw that and stopped by to see about the 'original price $999'...is this one of those 'limited time' proggies that only works for 30 days? Or doesn't save models, export, etc?

Just wondering if downloading 600+ meg is gonna be worth it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 4:34 AM

Its a beta ... so, more to come most likely.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

sylki ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 5:34 AM

Still can't open it!! Won't accept any of the serial codes I've been given!!

jestmart ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 9:47 PM

It may say beta but it is more alpha stage still.  The serial # is in DAZ's DAZ Studio 4 beta forum thread.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=159074&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=220

DaveF ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 5:43 AM

I'm going to wait for the official release this time around. I had bad enough experiences when D|S 3 was beta to learn to wait. 

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DAZ Studio for Beginners Tutorials

sylki ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 5:58 AM

Thank you Jestmart..the serial code worked..now to try and relearn everything . I found the other Daz setup easier to get round but it's early days yet:-)

EltonJ ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2011 at 4:26 PM

Quote - I'm going to wait for the official release this time around. I had bad enough experiences when D|S 3 was beta to learn to wait. 

It should be awesome when finally released.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 2:54 PM · edited Sat, 26 March 2011 at 2:57 PM

file_467172.jpg

From what I have seen and so far not much and still seeing it is in the early stages it is a what I would call a quantum leap over DS3 and older. And seeing the new Generation 5 figures is very interesting as they are using a single unimesh figure for both male and female.

There are sliders to decide whether you want a basic male or female adult form or a basic Child form, with a number of male forms from fat to thin all from sliders, and you can also have a M4 and V4 slider to shape the figure and all this from one mesh.

There are a lot of things to get used to and I am having to relearn how to use it as it has changed so much.

Also it will sit very happily next to DS3 so there is no worry of DS4 Beta overwriting and or uninstalling DS3 though you can not have both 32 bit and 64 bit DS4 Beta on the same system which I spose is obvious but some may want both.

Here is a pic of DS4 with the Generation 5 model in the beta, but all I know there is going to be a learning curve to get reaquainted with the new GUI of DS4 but this is the advanced GUI in the pic, and that this is still beta so many changes coming still.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2011 at 3:39 PM · edited Sat, 26 March 2011 at 3:53 PM

Adding from my previous post that what we got to see is a preview of what I think is the Generation 5 figure showing in the pic in my last post. So bear in mind this is still a preview but it does look interesting, as to whether they use an all in one figure like I said in my last post or they may have different ones like they did with Generation 4 figures. (not really sure).

But I have a feeling that they may be doing away with the seperate figures for male and female like M4 and V4 and so on, and just going with the all in one figure with Gen 5.

And there is so much I could add about DS4 I could go on for ages and ages. lol

I know this I am going to love DS4 when it is released from just playing around with the beta..

Lets hope it is what I hope it is and if Gen 5 is what I think it is then the content makers might have a bit of a nightmare creating content for it.

One last thing too Gen 4 characters so far seem to not work with the current Gen 5 figure in the beta even with the V4 slider that you get with the current beta.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Arumbus ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 12:17 AM

I must say it does look interesting. I loaded it and played for a while.  However, with the small amount of time I can dedicate to art these days, I think I will stick to DAZ 3. Just because I know the interface and how to do things (hopefully:-).

It is a complete overhaul.  I look forward and dread it becoming the stable supported product at the same time.... so much to learn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.