Mon, Jul 8, 11:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 6:48 pm)

Subject: Stepping Down

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 3:24 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 6:54 AM

Hi folks, it is with deep regret I am announcing my resignation. It's been a long ride for me here, but due to some recent health issues I feel the need to step aside.

As some of you may know, back in September of 09, I had an operation of my back. They performed a discectomy and a lamenectomy on the L4-L5...

Until recently, I've been great. I was happy I had the operation. About a month ago, I started having pain again. Much different than before. I'm not an expert, but it seems to be associated with the L5-S1 area of my back. I have a very good tolerance for pain. This however, is unbearable. At its worst..I am incapacitated. It freezes me ...Like a 1000 volts running from my back to my foot.

fast forward..Last week I ended up in the emergency room.(first day I missed at work in 6.5 yrs).I was given morphine for the pain. It slowed it down..That's about it..

Now, I play the waiting game with the insurance company to approve an MRI of my back. I don't know how I'm going to be able to be still for that length of time, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have good days and bad days..The good ones are becoming fewer as time progresses.

It's impossible for me to devote the amount of time to Renderosity that it deserves. On a more positive note, my Photo business is doing rather well, however, I am having a hard time shooting because of the pain.

It's been a long and wonderful journey being a part of this site for so long. I have seen a tremendous amount of growth in the site, the staff and the members.

Renderosity has helped me to grow as an artist and as a person. I've learned a lot here. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

I will remain here for the remainder of the month. I'm not sure how productive I can be, but I'll try.

I will still be here as a member and try to contribute as such..

Bruce

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

camera ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 4:12 PM

You will be missed.

I sincerely hope your back will not be a problem for too long. I hope mi back will not remain a problem much longer, either.

Good luck, Bruce.

Meowgli ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 5:30 PM

So sorry to hear about your back trouble Bruce. Sincerely hope everything works out for you. Really pleased to hear business is growing though, good stuff :)

I've always respected the amount you put into the site, you have been an awesome moderator. Best wishes for everything buddy.

Adam Edwards Photography

mbz2662 ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 6:55 PM

Dear Bruce,

I am so sorry to hear about your back pain.  I hope you are able to rectify this problem quickly!

You will be missed here.  But taking care of yourself is most important. I'm sure we will see you around now and then and I will see you on facebook.

Best of Luck to you,

HUGS,

Melinda

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 1:14 AM

I'm sorry to see you stepping down as a moderator, but I totally support your decision.  You've done a fantastic job, and it will be tough to fill your shoes! 

Good to hear (and see) your photog business picking up.  The work you've been doing with musicians is excellent!  I hope you'll continue to share with us.

Take good care ...  I'd send you a hug, but it would probably kill your back.  :P

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

whaleman ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 1:19 AM

I certainly appreciate all the work you have done as a Moderator and as a friend. Hopefully your back problems can be solved and they can put you on a path towards a pain-free existence, as you well deserve! My thoughts are with you!

Wayne

bmac62 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 1:37 AM

Hi Bruce,  The Photography Gallery masthead won't be the same without you...nor will the entire gallery:) You have done a great service here for all of us. I wish you well, and particularly with your back! Life has treated me very well since joining in August 2008 and continues to this day. The photography bug has really set deep roots while here...you've set the tone for both a fun and a professional place to post photos and grow in knowledge of the entire art form. Thanks and I'll be keeping my eye out for you as a contributing member in the years to come.

Best wishes my friend,

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

helanker ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 2:37 AM

I am really sorry to hear you have so much pain, Bruce and it is very sad, but very understandable, to see you are stepping back.  I do hope you will get better and have your good quality life back again.
It is so hard with back pains of these dimentionsm so I wish you all the best in the process of healing.

Helle

kgb224 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 3:00 AM

Sorry to hear such sad news Bruce.

You will be in my prayers.

May our Lord hold his healing hand over you so that you may heal completely.

God Bless.

blinkings ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 4:48 AM

Good luck to you mate. 

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 9:49 AM

Bruce, you have been and are a long distance friend, not met face to face but a solid part of what this site has been for a while.  I certainly hope there can be some resolution to your back pain beyond attempts at basic pain management...fix that back bone!  We know a fix is not always around the corner but right now and easing and prevnting the pain while allowing you to be normally functional is a goal I pray for.

What to say in thanks for being a big brick in the  wall that builds this website?  Thank you for all of it.   Truly felt, truly meant.  God Bless and best wished to you and yours.

Keep pushin' as you can and please do not fade completely from here. : )        Tom.

girsempa ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear that, Bruce. Eventually you will adapt and learn to master the pain... don't underestimate the power of the human body and mind. That being said, I sincerely hope that the pain and suffering will rapidly cease and go away.

All the best,

Geert

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

Ilona-Krijgsman ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 2:27 PM

Sorry to hear that you stepping down, I know what backpain is, I had major surgery when I was young. The pain really killed me.....it needed a long time before I was recovered. Still have from time to time problems.
But with a lot patient the pain will be less...I speak from experience. Now you will have some more time for your self in the future...

I've learned that sitting too long behind the desk, your back may hurt.

That's one of the reasons that I am not that much behind my desk anymore.

I have listened to my body...and enjoy sport daily now

Hopefully you recover soon.....

All the best

Ilona

~ Photos are small paintings created in your mind before you press the shutter! ~

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 2:46 PM

Thanks everyone.. This really was a hard decision, as I really enjoy interacting with everyone here.

This place has been a big part of my life for quite sometime now..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 5:58 AM

Sad to see you go Bruce - but needs must and your priorities are right.  You have been a great mod here and a good companion during our exchanges.  All the best for the future!

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

aksirp ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2011 at 2:05 AM

thank you for all work you done for us, wish you all the best!

you helped me to learn many things about photography:) hope you get well soon!

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2011 at 5:29 AM

Hi Bruce,

You don't know me personally.
But I want to wish you a lot of strength in this situation.
Wish you lots of hope and endurance.
As a pain patient I know how hard limits can be.
I respect your decision, and it's good to know that your business is going well.
God bless you.

Mies.

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2011 at 5:35 AM

Dear Bruce,

I was very saddened to see you stepping down as Moderator, as well as the fact that your back is causing you suffering.  I can definitely relate to your back pain, however.  I do know how excruciatingly painful in can be, to the point where it's hard to carry out daily, tasks that at certain times, may have seemed very easy.  I am hoping and praying that the problem is temporary, and with medical help and care, you will soon be pain free, and the source of your pain will be eliminated.   You will be very much missed, and I thank you very much for the time you did spend as moderator, as your hard work and dedication to RR has made it the place it is today.  I wish you all the best, and a speedy recovery.   Keep a positive attitude, and stay strong, Bruce.  A big hug goes out to you,

Tofi

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

micturn ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2011 at 6:44 AM

Very sorry to see you go, Bruce, we all wish you a speedy recovery

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 2:58 AM

I knew about your backpain but I thought the operation was okay. I know that pain so well what you have. I struggle with it a last 10 yrs. As you said some days good some not. I call it some bad some worst...lol. But we can do what we can able to do with our pain as a shadow follows you everywhere.

I am realy ganna miss you here. I always find your links so helpfull well actually pretty much you are the one who hooked me up for mono photos. Pat your back for that, pls.

Hope to see more of your rurtal american pictures in the future...

Take care  my american friend...seeya  Tunde

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2011 at 7:38 AM

I did have an operation 2yrs ago..it solved the problem and the pain stopped..Instantly..This is different..The pain is much worse..and in a different location..It's confusing because it moves from one location to another..I will be getting the MRI done Monday, so hopefully that will answer some questions.

This is a very difficult decision for me. I have really enjoyed being here in Photography with all of you. I'm not leaving the site..I just can't be the "go to guy" for now..

Rather than try to hold on..and wait and see what happens..I just feel it's best to take a break..and see where this road takes me.

www.bclaytonphoto.com

jocko500 ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2011 at 9:40 PM

so sorry to hear this. i praying for you now. going to miss you around here

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 1:40 AM

Hope all goes well for you Bruce and take care of yourself.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Ac-Dc ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2011 at 6:23 AM

good luck Bruce!!! I hope that your pains stop.(sorry for my english)

tennesseecowgirl ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2011 at 1:26 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication you've put into this site. And I sure hope they can find what is now causing you so much pain and that you will recover soon from what you are now going through, it sounds awful and I am so sorry to read that.

Please take care and please stay in touch.

Lynell

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2011 at 8:53 AM

This is the first I've heard of this Bruce. I hope everything works out for the best medically and I thank you for your selfless dedication to Renderosity over the years.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.