Thu, Oct 10, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Novice with a skin question

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 9:10 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 2:26 AM

I've noticed on alot of the better renders on the site that peopel look a hell of alot more like people then the ones I make. So My question is how do I get Mine to look as well? Currently I'm just using the skins and such that came with the demo of Poser till I can get my hands on the full version at the end of the month. What I mean by looking more real is that you can see what looks to me like pores in peopels skin and little wrinkles and such.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 9:30 AM

Those are texture maps, and they are usually done with photos that have been placed on the templates that come with the characters. If you go to the www.daz3d.com site you can download a texture map of Vickie and look at it. It's like a grid that you paint on, or place the photos on. You really need a program like photoshop or paint shop pro to get them to look good. The people that are doing these realistic textures have been at it for a while, but with hard work and lots of patience anyone can get the photos to work. Doing your own painting on the templates takes some artistic ability. 8^) There are a lot of tutorials out there, and lots of help here. Marque

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 9:44 AM

Thanks. I plan on picking up those 2 characters from Vas when I get my copy of poser in a couple weeks. I also noticed those 2 models get most of the better skin jobs.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 9:50 AM

For now grab the templates so you can look at them and play with them. Marque

perrick ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 11:16 AM

The skin textures that comes with Poser (demo and full version) are not very realistic. You need to get some photo realistic textures. There are some decent free ones available, but the best ones available will cost you. The most recent Daz textures for Vicky are very good, and you can find good ones on this site as well.

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for all the help guys, this place sure has a good user base for advice.

atthisstage ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 11:37 AM

You know, you'd think by now that Curious would realize that the stock textures that come with the various Poser characters are pretty awful. I wonder if anyone there has figured out that maybe for vers. 5, they should redo, like, all of them?

Sihn ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 11:46 AM

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial for making your own skins? I'd like to try my own hand at it.

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 12:12 PM

True but I think that might be part of what they want. If alot of us novices got pre-made skins and more morphs and props you'd see alot more of the same exact stuff from peopel taht don't really want to get involved with any kind of a community share. Might not be the reasoning but it's kind of there by default.

odeathoflie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 7:07 PM

go to the cake one link down there on teh right she has put a very good photo texture tutorial on her site.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2001 at 7:16 PM

Fracture may have it right. Part of what builds community is the opportunity to help each other. Part of what builds satisfaction is making something better than it was before. If Poser was perfect out of the box and did everything we imagined, how many of us would be here? And how many would stand in awe of Kozaburo's hair or Jaager's joint controls or Schlabber's poses or Serge's clothes or all the incredible texture creators? Would we visit the galleries for inspiration, or would we just sit tight in our own tiny universe content with the contents of a box? Poser is less than perfect, but it gives us potential. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.