Mon, Jul 8, 10:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Gramsalad

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 9:11 AM · edited Mon, 01 April 2024 at 5:47 AM

Some person nicknamed Gramsalad is putting a whole bunch of fractals on his/her favorites list.  There are already 37 pages and no bio, no comments, no gallery.  I think it is suspicious.  I wrote to Stacey about this.  Can we stop this person?  You know it doesn't make sense to do that.  Just curious as to what you/anyone thinks about this.

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 10:13 AM

It sure looks weird.
Must be a huge fan of yours! ;-)

Can we stop this?
Maybe by sending a site mail, asking what this person is up to?
But I think that's up to the mods.

If you have friends on other forums, you might ask them to be on the lookout for postings that were faved here.............

Corrie

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 3:21 PM

It's not just mine she faved.  I'm just the last one she concentrated on.  She was doing other people's before mine.  I wrote Stacey but haven't heard from her yet.  I did send Gramsalad a message and asked her if she was aware she could not post our fractals at other websites, but she/he just ignored the message.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 4:52 PM

...and another thing...why haven't any moderators bothered to answer me.  Oh!  Maybe they are at work or something.

Gramsalad is still going through my gallery.  Last person she did was afugatt. 

Am I being a wench?  I don't think so. lol q-:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2011 at 11:43 PM

Hm, very strange, indeed.
At least s/he knows people are on to her/him.

As for no answer yet from any mod:
Maybe they were out for Easter?

No, you're not being a wench at all!
This is looking suspicious.
I hope you'll get an answer, soon.
From anyone!

Corrie

greyone ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 7:05 AM

I see that person just joined on Apr 22nd so  they havent been around long.  I dont really see why they would go thru and fav a bunch of someone's images.  What gain can they be after?  It makes no sense, but I also don't really see how it is harmful.  If they were here to steal images they can just do it without favoring them to draw attention to themself.   

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 7:10 AM

You're right.  I don't get it.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

taurus66 ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 9:22 AM

What kind of persons belong to such profiles, i can't say, but i stumbled once or twice upon profiles like that.

i think, this is not so unusual, while i can't say if their intents are good or bad.

taurus

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 9:30 AM

I'm getting the idea that I'm just over-reacting.  Maybe I just have a suspicious mind when it comes to irregular activity.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 9:34 AM

"Maybe I just have a suspicious mind"

That makes 2 of us, girl. :-)

Corrie

taurus66 ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 10:01 AM

Quote - Maybe I just have a suspicious mind when it comes to irregular activities.

and maybe a suspicious mind is just right in this case. who knows? i spend half of my life doing irregular activities. so this never looks suspicious to me.

anyhow, just wait for the mod's reply. maybe they need to do some research, before answering.

regards

taurus

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 8:04 PM

Well, I just heard from Gramsalad.  She said she isn't posting them or giving them to anyone. 

So I was totally out of order.  Sorry 'bout that.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

greyone ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 8:32 PM

No need to be sorry Carol.  Its better to be safe than sorry.  I'm glad she replied to you.

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 9:17 PM

Hi Carol,

I was going to ask you if you heard from Stacey, but something happened to my browser that wouldn't let me reply the thread.

I'm glad everything's clear now.

Cheers!
Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

CarolSassy ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2011 at 9:32 PM

Thanks Barb. 

It just seemed weird that was happening.  I'm sorry you had browser trouble. 

Take care,

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 8:28 AM

ARe you sure it wasn't a bad thing?
Because now she has picked one from me, too.

Corrie

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 8:35 AM

I don't know, but then again, there are plenty of websites out there that we don't know that show stolen images.  No one would know unless they stumbled on it.  That doesn't happen very frequently, and then there's not much you can do about it.  She still faves some of mine on occasion as well.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 8:41 AM

Hm.
I really don't know what to think of it.
I guess I'll just wait and see if anything happens.

Thanks for answering. :-)

Corrie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.