Thu, Sep 19, 8:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: How to achieve a fresh install?

DMM ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 6:08 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:43 PM

My Vue 9 xStream installs (Vue 9 32 and 64 bit) got into a confused state so I uninstalled both and reinstalled just the 64 bit.

However, it's in exactly the same state as before, even down to what collection branches were open last time I used it. Some collections seem to be empty, some point to the 32 bit install (which now doesn't exist).

How can I purge my system of all Vue info so that I can reinstall a fresh Vue install as though it were the first time I ever installed it? All I want at this stage is a basic default install with all the default collections etc, however I cannot lose the previous install hangover.

I tried manually deleting all folders & reg entries, and also used a Windows cleaner called CCleaner (the install program wouldn't even run until after I used this).

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 6:11 AM

Backup everything and reinstall windows would be my way of handling this, but I do that every 3 months or so anyway.   Only do it if you know what your doing!

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

DMM ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 6:16 AM

LOL, well I have no intention of reinstalling Windows as a solution to Vue 9's inability to uninstall properly :D but, thanks for the suggestion.

I simply have far too many other concerns to use that method. Vue is only a small part of my current workflow, and even that is quickly reducing as its inability to be controlled increases.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 6:17 AM

Its fair :D  im sure there are other solutions too, but other than cleaning registry, removing logs and the other steps that you have already done I cant think of anything else!

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 7:43 AM

You're not saying which OS you use, so I'll assume it's either Vista or 7. Uninstall Vue with the config panel. Delete the Vue 9 directory in Programs.

Next, delete the Vue 9 directory in C/users/your name/App Data/Roaming/e-on software

AppData is a hidden folder, so you'll need to make it visible from the config panel, folders (or is it files? My windows is in french) options, and tick the "show hidden folders" box, or something similar in english or in your language.

Then, reinstall.

DMM ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 8:33 AM

Cheers Bruno, I had to manually prune away Vue from my system in much the manner you already suggested. But, it seems it is the AppData data that is the key to a fresh install.

Now, it seems, I have what looks to be a fresh install. Thanks for the help guys.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 9:14 AM

Forgot to say that you should also delete the Vue 9 folder in Documents.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.