Tue, Oct 22, 1:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A "no nonsense" Poser file editor.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 10:17 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:38 AM

file_468969.jpg

I've been working on this for the last few months and am now happy to announce the release of PZ3editor Lite. You'll find the link in the Renderosity feestuff.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64262

My aim was to make something that was very straightforward to use and to be honest similar to John Stallings CR2editor. His editor works great and is still available but its not been updated for several years. I don't propose to predict the future but it is my intention to continually support what I have written.

Whereas CR2 editor has two tree views, PZ3editor has a tree view on the left and a text view of the same file on the right. You can edit from either side. Double click an item one one side and the equivalent item comes into view on the other. If you need to work on more than one file simply open more windows.

It is stand alone and PC only. I have made an attempt to get it working on the Mac but even though it is written in Python so far results have been poor. Not ruling out a Mac version but that is the state of play as it now stands.

Feedback welcome.

Hope you find it useful.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 11:55 AM

Thanks ... this looks really useful!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

stardust ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 12:45 PM

Thanks Phil! Wonderful work!

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 12:47 PM

Very cool! I'll have to poke and prod it some!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Larry F ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 4:26 PM

PhilC, you are a wonderful person. Thanks very much!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 4:35 PM

Superb stuff!  Many thanks.  I've never been able to get CR2Editor to run so this will be really useful.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 6:47 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2011 at 6:59 PM

file_469010.png

OS X usrs may try it under crossover.app emulation.

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 1:50 AM

Thanks Phil!  Looks pretty handy - although I do anticipate some dangerous "I wonder what changing this will do..." manner of poking into things left previously unmolested.

Suucat ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 10:51 PM

There is a saying "echando a perder se aprende" means "you will learn by messing up"

Here i gooooooo :p

Thanks!

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:37 AM

Thanks Phil!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.