Fri, Sep 20, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Forums for Vue

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:00 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:34 AM

Whats the best forum to use these days for Vue?

I can remember this forum used to be packed - but it now seems that either people have left and gone else where, or people have moved on from using Vue. This I very much doubt!

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 1:05 PM

I would say this one still, in honesty.

C3D I find I very rarely get a reply, or if I do it takes about a week.

The e-on site is alright but its not really a community there.

Quite a few people left and went to a deviant art and also to a vue group on facebook, but i cant say im really a fan of either of them.

Maybe there are others, I dont know!

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 1:03 AM

I was gonna mention the Vue Galleries group on Facebook.  Their posted work is better than what you're used to seeing here and at C3D recently.   The dwindling post-counts on the Vue forums in general are the result of hobbyists not playing E-on's catch-up game every six months when I new beta is released that may (or not) work with current scenes that may (or not) be editable again once saved using a newer version of Vue.

Users go elsewhere to find software that doesn't go bye bye after six months.  They want software that will get added features and bug fixes for it where it might be a few years before a new version is released.  The pros have long left Renderosity for other sites.  The hobbyists, tired of software updates that break bridges with other apps until they get updated to break another app, have found other hobbies by now since Vue 6 split into so many Vue packages and E-on started charging way more for Infinite and xStream to help pay for Pioneer, Frontier, Studio, Complete, etc.  E-on couldn't stay in business if it relied only on its dollar menu.  So it has to charge much more for its fancy hamburgers to cover costs.

Bryce usually does awesome forum post-counts.  Bryce only recently split into two products.  After 2 or 3 more splits, their forum visits will dwindle also. :)

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bigbraader ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 2:38 AM

The main reason for the decline in teh acitivity in this forum I think is the fact that most of the very active members have left Renderosity, I name "wabe" and "rutra" as examples. Walther Beck aka "wabe" left and the Vue FaceBook group got started, and I joined soon after. But it's not working as a forum as such right now, more like discussions and "see me and my work" kind of thing (which includes my activities). The active mebers of the FaceBook group are sort of the hard core Vue'ers ("the usual suspects") and the pictures uploaded there reflect that. But a lot of them get posted at C3D and here as well (mine do, so far).
Don't expect the FB group to replace the forums e.g. here and at C3D.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 3:46 AM · edited Thu, 19 May 2011 at 3:48 AM

The fame of Facebook can also split Vue users into smaller groups since anyone can start a group now.  I'm sure Facebook will tweak that function a bit in favor of denoting official groups.  And they have other features to add to groups still.  People are still figuring out the groups upgrade from two weeks ago.

I guess though that the forum that ends up with the most active members in the end wins.

bigbraader, one day we will come here and find you missing.  It's too much work sometimes to maintain galleries on every board nearing its 10-year-old mark on the Interweb.  Eventually, one cuts their number down to two gallery sites and two content store sites that have the most active online members and just focuses on them.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 7:23 AM

And I'm just not doing much art due to health issues shrugs :/

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 7:39 AM

Some good insight here, I'm afraid to say (and sad to agree with).

And, yes, I have a list of forums I peek in on every day. Added this one back in to my photography forum, my 370Z forum, my Civilzation 5 forum, my Model Mayhem forum, and (to some degree) the Fit Freaks forum (for my wife's car).  There's only so much time one can waste...LOL.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 10:52 AM

The Sci-Fi mesh forum and the scratch built cars forum are ones I can't get to as often.

silverblade33, in your down time are you studying art more for when your ready for another project?  Browsing for inspiration also?

Meshbox ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 5:54 PM

The Vue Galleries Forum on Facebook suddenly has a burst of activity.

We have a Vue forum on mirye.net, and there is a sub group there too, where Ive started posting some info on how we adapt our models for use with Vue (our promo renders are all done in Vue 8.5, btw).

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

elfguy ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 4:31 AM

I use Vue daily for all my renders, but I just don't have much use for a Vue forum, I don't have many questions or comments about features. It's probably also because I'm still using Vue 6.5....

Wolf-999 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 1:34 PM

Anyone have a link to the vue facebook community?

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 1:48 PM

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_105492886172081

if the link doesnt work its called "vue galleries"

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

Wolf-999 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:16 PM

Thx Rich! The link works!!!

Regards

Rüdiger

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 9:50 AM

How about Geekatplay? That's one of my favorite Vue forums, great tutorials too....

Whatever happened to kenwas/ Haven't seen him in a while?

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2011 at 9:21 AM

Quote - The Sci-Fi mesh forum and the scratch built cars forum are ones I can't get to as often.

silverblade33, in your down time are you studying art more for when your ready for another project?  Browsing for inspiration also?

Shawn

oh I'm buying content and tutorials, dowload them when up to it (got months worth of DAZ3D stuff I need to reset and download one day, eek!)

been getting good inspiration, had lots of ideas, from games etc :) been playing Witcher 2, graphics (and plot) are amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9Kca4DHPo 

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

blaineak ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2011 at 12:14 AM

You will also find many have moved on to doing all their own modeling and have lost interest in buying others work. That has an impact also. It's innevitable for people who love this stuff. I seldom post anywhere, visit here maybe every couple of months, look at galleries for inspiration, but it does not mean I'm not an avid user. I want to interact with a great board, I go to ZBrushCentral where everyone helps everyone and you can get help from the worlds best artists.

I also grew tired of the rants when the real problem was expecting cutting edge stuff to run right on low quality machines and not realizing you can only use Vue to your machines limitations. It runs great with the right hardware. 9.5 Infinite is the best release yet. Crashes almost never happen unless I mess up. Running it on anything less than an i7 with at least 9 to 12 gigs RAM and a good GPU with at least a gig on board running on a 64 bit OS will not allow anyone to use its potential. This is not a cheap hobby. I spend around $5,000 a year but then drinking used to cost me a lot more? Even fishing costs more.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2011 at 6:11 AM

Quote - You will also find many have moved on to doing all their own modeling and have lost interest in buying others work. That has an impact also. It's innevitable for people who love this stuff. I seldom post anywhere, visit here maybe every couple of months, look at galleries for inspiration, but it does not mean I'm not an avid user. I want to interact with a great board, I go to ZBrushCentral where everyone helps everyone and you can get help from the worlds best artists.

I also grew tired of the rants when the real problem was expecting cutting edge stuff to run right on low quality machines and not realizing you can only use Vue to your machines limitations. It runs great with the right hardware. 9.5 Infinite is the best release yet. Crashes almost never happen unless I mess up. Running it on anything less than an i7 with at least 9 to 12 gigs RAM and a good GPU with at least a gig on board running on a 64 bit OS will not allow anyone to use its potential. This is not a cheap hobby. I spend around $5,000 a year but then drinking used to cost me a lot more? Even fishing costs more.

EEEEK! LOL

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2011 at 2:54 PM

I've kinda given up on Vue to be honest, I still sell atmospheres now and again but thats about it, I can't even remember when I last started it.

Apart from the reported bugs that never get fixed or the, yes we know its a bug but.........we will fix it in the next version is all I get from E-On.

Straw that broke the camels back for me was when they made Python scripts not work on anything other than Infinite unless you paid E-On for a Python script that ran on lesser editions. And lets face it, how many scripts have you actually seen for sale anywhere. They turned something free into something paid for, and to me that was just money grabbing in the worst sense.

Its a shame because I like Vue, but I seem to upgrade get rid of one set of issues and just get a whole new set to deal with.

As for forums, pretty much what everyone else has echoed. Facebook is ok, but its not what I would call a forum per se, Cornucopia, answers few and far between there, CGTalk, seems to be one or two people trying to answer everyones questions on that forum! GeekAtPlay is ok, but there isn't really that much going on with it to be honest. So probably your best bet is to stick here and hope someone pops in who knows what your problem or issue maybe if you have one, or can help you if your just wanting to know how to do something.

Regards
Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2011 at 4:07 PM

Can I ask if some of you are giving up on Vue, what app are you using instead?

Cheers & many thanks....

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2011 at 5:12 PM · edited Thu, 02 June 2011 at 5:12 PM

""YURdigital is please to announce that Michel Rondberg has joined the team as the Vue forum moderator.
Michel brings his amazing Vue skills to YURdigitals team to help with any questions that our Vue community may have.""

Just sayin'...

Gill

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2011 at 5:35 PM

Also... A lot of artists that have moved on eventually start a blog that shows their works.  They submit their art to 3D World and 3D Artist magazine.  I buy both and it's kind of weird that each mag shows the same artwork during the same month.  Not enough artists in their rotations, I guess.

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 2:26 PM

I am struck by the difference between the multitude & frequency of posts in the Daz Studio forums and those in R'osity Vue forum. Especially if you consider D|S has a separate forum for the Commons area, another one for Daz Studio Discussions, yet another one for Nuts'n Bolts, etc. etc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.