Sun, Sep 15, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: stupid question?

mwa ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 4:01 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

Hi! I can't get the textures to work i've been trying with a lot of diffrent textures but they will only cover a small part of the figure or nothing at all. Anyone? Thanks Magnus

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 7:21 AM

from one beginner to another, have you checked "changes applyy to all etc." box

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 10:34 AM

First of all, there's no such thing as a stupid question. There are probably a dozen other people wanting to know the same thing, but are afraid to ask. Make sure the texture you're applying is for the correct figure/clothing item/prop/etc. They're not interchangeable. For instance, a texture for Posette will not work on Vicki, and the textures for Posette's skirt will not work on Vicki's skirt, etc. I would check this first; it usually turns out that this is what has happened. I've had personal e-mails from people who are new to Poser asking this question and it has usually turned out they were attempting to put the texture onto the wrong figure. If you're working with Vicki/Mike skin textures, Apply to All won't work, either, because the head and body are separate maps. You'll either have to apply the textures to every body part via the pull down list in the texture editor, or apply the head texture to all, then uncheck the Apply to All box and apply the body texture to the 3 or 4 body parts separately. I hope this helps. Melanie

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 11:25 AM

Are you using Poser 3 or Poser 4? If Poser 3, you need to get the Update from Curious Labs and install it, if you have not done that yet. If Poser 4 - no clue; I don't have that. But P3 drove me nuts on textures until I realized I needed the patch. Hope that helps. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2001 at 5:00 PM

Attached Link: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/iishadowcatii/website/index.htm

follow link to texturing tutorials

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.