Fri, Sep 20, 12:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Chat

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 7:38 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

It really is still a mess...lol. It freezes or just stops responding. Even reopening doesn't fix it.

Laurie

Oshio ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 7:53 PM

10 people in the room and it crashes, and links dont...umm, link properly

http://www.songcastmusic.com/profiles/Oshio

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 7:53 PM

Yeah, really sux it does ;).

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 8:40 PM

Hmmm I was in there today with 15 people in and it was working fine.

Osh we tested link after link the other day and they all worked so I'll have them look again at that but it didn't happen any of the times we tried it....

I'll get with the programmer tomorrow but since they upgraded I haven't seen it crash one time with more people than 10 in it so I'm not sure what happened but I'll have them look

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2011 at 9:13 PM

Just froze on me again...sigh. And it was doing so well too...lol.

Laurie

Oshio ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2011 at 6:31 AM

"Hmmm I was in there today with 15 people in and it was working fine."

yes, WAS being the operative word, for the 5 minutes u were there  :P

maybe the links do work perfectly, if this home page and many other pages on the net have been deleted :P

http://www.songcastmusic.com/profiles/Oshio

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2011 at 9:45 AM

erm. Stacey, I don't know what testing was done but... it wasn't enough.

we have freezes, random dumps, lagging, JAVA errors being shown, being able to talk without anyone seeing you, logging in once but showing as you logging in 5 or 6 times...

and thats just this morning. 

Lzy724 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2011 at 10:27 AM

sometimes dingdingdingding is all I see.  I type, nobody sees that. its still very buggy.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2011 at 11:37 AM

It's down for the count ;)

Laurie

Biscuits ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2011 at 1:33 PM · edited Tue, 14 June 2011 at 1:34 PM

This is really not workable, it takes the chat out of the chat and when we can chat a couple of minutes we talk about the problems the chat is having. :unsure:

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 12:18 AM

it's still a bit creepy.  you need mods in there or they can wreak havoc IMVHO.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 7:29 AM

Chat does just fine without a mod Miss Nancy. It's not a preschool class...it's ADULTS. Sheesh.

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 3:37 PM

It just rolled over and died on me. :(

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 10:50 PM

We are still looking into this problem but if that happens, just reload the chat and all should be well:)

Belladzines ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 11:54 AM

chat room doesnt work for me :( ... i use chrome at the moment (cause firefox was seriously well you get the idea) ..... i dont have block pop ups or anything ... still looking .....

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 2:50 PM

We may have discoverd something else in chat. People who do not have the chat in focus when the chat room goes down stay in chat. Worth mentioning ;).

Laurie

Belladzines ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 4:24 PM

oh thats why i wasnt booted out, cause i had it in my background ... i used it in firefox

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2011 at 5:14 PM

Quote - it's still a bit creepy.  you need mods in there or they can wreak havoc IMVHO.

I've been in there quite a bit and I haven't seen anyone "wreak havoc." So I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Can you provide examples of some situations where you felt a moderator was warranted?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2011 at 12:18 AM

Quote - it's still a bit creepy.  you need mods in there or they can wreak havoc IMVHO.

I was in there yesterday I believe and everything was good. I plan on stopping in.. I love chatting :)

Lzy724 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 9:09 AM

Chat is acting wonky again today, seems to be for just a few folks though.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 8:41 PM

Kai told me today that using the private chat feature (IE: Whisper) seems to cause the chat to crash for other people in the room.

I used private chat a few times yesterday to help someone and people were coming and going aka crashing/freezing, which has been normal, so I didn't pay any attention to it.  But it could have been related to private chatting.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 9:27 PM

Okay can someone who is a regular in there like you Acadia, Kai, Laurie, BR..one or all of you list out anything you are seeing and any relevant info such as things you notice that might possibly contribute to the craziness and email it to me (stacey@renderosity.com)  I use private chat alot the whole time  and I haven't noticed it causing an issue unless something changed with that.

I promise we are going to keep going until all these bugs are worked out, just bear with us:)

Lzy724 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 9:34 PM

Its not a problem Stacey, we are with ya!  I know that Plutom was chatting, but didnt even seem to appear on the list at all.  That was rather strange.  I too have used the private chat, didnt cause much problem for me.

I hate having to remove the persons name from the initial whisper though, if you understand what I mean.  you should be able to just type in the regular box to talk in the room, then type in the window of the private chat person, make sense?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 10:07 PM

Will do Stacey.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.