Tue, Oct 1, 9:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: vss help needed please

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 7:40 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:26 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I have 2 questions. First how can I make vss work on props rather that just figures?

The second question is a little harder and I not sure I'm using the right terminology here, so please bare with me. I want to add new node (a rule node I think) in the shader rules section to plug into one of the templates there. I've done this before but today it's just now working right. I'm in the material room in the advanced tab. I click on the materials and click on shader rules. In the pyton window I click on vssMainButtons, designer, add rule node. I click on other-type in, click ok. I type in the name I want and click ok. And then it looks like nothing happened but if I look under preview material zone I find a new node there. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2011 at 10:21 PM

To make it work with a prop, you must define the prop in the Apply Rules zone.  Make sure you have a Rules Node connected to Copy Node in the ShaderRules zone, which, in turn, should be associated to a Template.

You second question sounds like a script glitch.  The steps you have taken are correct, I tried it myself and verified the workflow.  Have you tried restarting Poser?   

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 9:14 AM

Also make sure you have the latest release of the VSS python scripts as the first one ignored parented props.  Get the latest release here:

https://sites.google.com/site/poserbagginsbill/vsshomepage

Vestmann's Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 9:56 AM

The PR4 is a WIP status but corrects certain features lacking in previous versions.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 10:09 AM

I have never seen the actions that add rule or copy nodes do so in anything but the material you currently have open.

Is this something that you did one time, or it happens over and over?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2011 at 8:06 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm using vssprop3. Things have been working now. Restarting everything seems to have helped. It had happened over and over again last night but that was the first time (and hopefully the last).

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.