Thu, Sep 19, 10:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Troubles in Oz....

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 7:51 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:35 AM

file_470426.jpg

I was trying to enter a contest for Vue last month ... and after everything was said and done never finished in time and ... couldn't get the effect I was after.  I was trying to apply a texture to a path.  the yellow brick road from "The Wizard of Oz".  I used tiles, I used a brick wall ... and nothing worked.  I sure could use some help.  Even though the contest is over I still want to conquer this piece.  Thanks in advance.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 12:49 PM

How did you try getting that brickroad? Did you paint a path in the terrain editor?

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 3:16 PM

The path was already there.  It was a scene I baught over at Cornucopia3d.  All I did was try to change the texture of the path itself from a gravel path to the brick.  I spent almost an entire month trying to get this. 

Boni

redtrek ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2011 at 9:47 PM

file_470436.jpg

Here's an Oz image with a yellow brick texture applied to a terrain, using a black and white disdribution. Due to the anti-aliasing, it is difficult to see that the pattern continues in the same direction as the path makes its curves

redtrek ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2011 at 3:26 AM

file_470442.jpg

I did a quick test, since I've had this problem as well.  I used PSP to create a brick texture, applied the twirl warp brushes in the program, loaded the image as a terrain.  It's not perfect, but  with some work, could be a usable method to curve the Yellow Brick Road.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 8:35 AM

This is great ... but ... I'd like to just apply a texture to the path I already have and have the same effect, that the brick road follows the flow of the path.  Can that be done? 

Boni

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.