Thu, Sep 19, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:54 am)

Subject: Installing content

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 9:54 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:41 AM

If I have both Poser (ver 7) and DazStudio versions 3 & 4 on my computer do I select Poser or Daz Studio when installing the content? Or do I install twice once with Poser selected and then with Daz selected?

A very confused Ken.... ;-)

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:19 PM

I install to Daz Studio and add the external runtime to the Poser 7 library. I would advise against installing multiples of the same files as it usually causes conflicts. Especially with the base Gen 4 Figures.

memphremagog ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2011 at 2:18 AM

Yes it is possible from DAZ to import "poser type" files from the hard disks of the computer but you have to be careful because for one thing you will have a lot of duplicated items which is not a big proglem but more ennoying the process might dammage already instaled files

mishamcm ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2011 at 2:20 PM

It doesn't really matter whether you choose DS or Poser as the target application -- you can specify the path to your shared runtimes either way.  I use DS as that way the Gen4 installers don't complain if there isn't a poser.exe in the location you're installing to.  The same files get installed whether you choose DS or Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.