Sun, Oct 6, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Software similar to poser.

egalps1 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 12:19 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:25 AM

I would like to ask this.One of the main fuctions in poser is that you have a human 3d figure and you can modulate it as you want for example to open this figure mouth to close /open his eyes to make him laugh/cry to move his parts like his legs hands etc.So i was wondering if there is a similar software to poser that is a software which gives the user the ability to do all this.It s not that i m not satisfied with poser.I just want to know.

Thanks

ghonma ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 12:34 PM

Doing all that is not the hard part, you can do it in a whole bunch of apps in various ways from sculpting (ZBrush, 3DCoat) to manipulating stuff with bones (most 3d suites, blender etc) to morphing with dials (DAZ studio, makehuman) Heck many game engines these days allow this within their character editors.

The hard bit is that you wont really find much out there that will let you do it simply and easily, nor that will let you just buy/download things, load them and start working on it. That's pretty much Poser and D|S only.

egalps1 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 12:39 PM

Very nice answer.Thank you my friend

geep ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 12:43 PM

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 2:54 PM · edited Thu, 14 July 2011 at 2:55 PM

Carrara does this also.

Using the content you already have for poser. Only it can do much more at a price.

DustRider ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2011 at 8:29 PM

There are many software applications that will do what Poser does, but if you want to use the low cost, ready made content available for Poser you are a bit more limited. The programs that easily use content developed for "Poser" include:

Daz Studio (many like it more than Poser)

As Tashar59 noted - Carrara, also available at DAZ3D (my personal favorite - most of the images in my gallery were done with Carrara). Carrara also gives you a lot more capability than Poser does (modeling, landscapes, atmospheres, etc.)

The latest Vue series of products starting with Vue Frontier also does well with Poser content.

Many of people like to use Cinema 4D (C4D) with Interposer Pro - but this is much more expensive than Poser. If you can afford all the different modules or the Studio version of C4D (around $3,400), you can do just about anything you can imagine.

Poser really does provide a lot of value for your money, as do Daz Studio and Carrara. It's really more a matter of preference, finding the software that works well for you, and does the things you want to do.

Hope this helps

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

MatCreator ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 9:31 PM

Quidam and Make Human are 2 programs """similar""" to Poser. What Poser does is very unique I think, even w/ Studio/Quidam/Make Human floating abouts... Programs that focus on the figure AND animating it............ Even Creature Creator, while it can make a nice mesh (aliens mind you, the humans look, well........), does NOT rig it...

I believe it's because modeling a natural, REAL looking 3D figure is a science and art all it's own... Think about it, in all these years, they are only up to Victoria 4, figures such as that are not easy to do. Character creation is a serious and devoted craft... Then you have to rig the character. PLENTY of work...

Any of the full flavor 3d programs can "do" what Poser does, but NONE of them come w/ pre-made, rigged, morphable and customizable figures...

I could be talking out my ass, it's not like I own Max, Maya, Lightwave or C4D...

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.