Thu, Sep 19, 8:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Lion and Poser on the Mac

Basis3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 2:25 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Any Mac users installed Lion yet? Wondering about Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010 compatibility.

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 2:32 PM

There is another post currently running concerning the compatibility issues.  ATM, yes, there are issues.

nemesis10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 2:35 PM

I tried it briefly this morning and noticed that it moved very slowly.... I would wait for a patch first.

Basis3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:20 PM

Before I posted I looked for a Lion thread but couldn't find one. Searched for "Lion" didn't lead me to the thread. Do you have a link?

Sorry, didn't mean to start a second thread on the same subject.

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

Basis3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:23 PM

Attached Link: Lion Thread

The link to the Lion thread is...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2831604

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 9:55 AM

The only issue that I know of is related to Icons in the Library not displaying, but the Mouse Over still works, so you can figure out where you want to go...

The other issue is related to permissions and only affects Activation.

1. BEFORE launching your freshly-installed copy of Poser (Debut, Poser 8 or Pro 2010), browse into the root Library/Application Support folder and create a folder for your copy of Poser- 'Poser', 'Poser Pro', or 'Poser Debut'. You'll need to provide an admin password to do this.

2. Launch and serialize Poser normally- you won't be able to see the category icons in the library pane but the mouseover category names should work.

1a. If you have launched Poser and entered a serial number and are now seeing Poser crash on launch, the first thing to do is to open System Preferences, go to the General pane and turn off the 'launch to previous state' option.

2a. Now go create the 'Poser', 'Poser Pro' or 'Poser Debut' folder as described in (1) above

3a. Launch and serialize Poser

4a. Now if you like you can reactivate Lion's 'launch to previous state' option. 

Anyone that encounters other issues, please contact Support with details. Put Attn: John, Lion Issue in the Subject.

Thanks

ratscloset
aka John

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 11:11 AM

Thank you for posting the workaround info John!

Grammer ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 6:25 AM

This is another drama - reason to skip Poser forever - who "tf" decided to program the content manager in an absolutely odd Adobe environment ? - such a crap - which breaks on a small operation system change - go learn Objective C

Rance01 ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quote - This is another drama - reason to skip Poser forever - who "tf" decided to program the content manager in an absolutely odd Adobe environment ? - such a crap - which breaks on a small operation system change - go learn Objective C

My last Poser is version 7

-R

steepleton ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 6:52 AM

Quote - This is another drama - reason to skip Poser forever - who "tf" decided to program the content manager in an absolutely odd Adobe environment ? - such a crap - which breaks on a small operation system change - go learn Objective C

i just launched poser7 in lion (the first time i've launched it in about a year) and i CAN NOT believe how responsive the controls are- even on characters with face morphs with tens and tens of dials that made the poser 8 gui crawl. in fact all the glitches that made me upgrade to poser 8 seem to have been ironed out on apples side of things :-/

Basis3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 10:59 AM

steepleton...

You mentioned both Poser 7 and Poser 8 in your post. I'm a little confused. Have you tried Poser 8 in Lion yet? I'm still debating whether or when to update from Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the info.

dkal

steepleton ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:10 AM · edited Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:11 AM

Quote - steepleton...

You mentioned both Poser 7 and Poser 8 in your post. I'm a little confused. Have you tried Poser 8 in Lion yet? I'm still debating whether or when to update from Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the info.

dkal

hi, dkal,

poser 8 runs pretty much as it did in snow lep, with the exception of some missing graphics in the library browser. i launched poser 7 to see if it worked too, and it did.

i like lion alot, but there's nothing you'd really miss if you decided to wait.

best

-ste

perlk ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 10:02 AM

Does anyone know if there is a work around for the icons issue? It's really quite annoying. Also, does anyone know if Poser 9 has the same issue?

steepleton ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 10:08 AM

Quote - Does anyone know if there is a work around for the icons issue? It's really quite annoying. Also, does anyone know if Poser 9 has the same issue?

i couldn't fix it. though you can use the links, the library item icons won't regenerate either- it might be worth switching to the finder and searching/dragging in stuff into your scene from there. poser 9 does have a re-written library that works very nicely, and the whole interface runs much faster for me

perlk ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 10:25 AM

I suppose it's worth spending the $130 to upgrade then...

steepleton ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 10:39 AM

Quote - I suppose it's worth spending the $130 to upgrade then...

maybe, but if you don't want to, it's absolutely possible to carry on using poser 8 using the finder to drag and drop items from your runtime library into a scene- you can even drop poses and morphs onto figures. actually if i'd known this before i'd have probably used this instead of the library anyway :D

steepleton ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 10:41 AM

ironically poser 7 seems to run better in lion than it ever did, incuding the library!

perlk ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 11:34 AM

Quote - ironically poser 7 seems to run better in lion than it ever did, incuding the library!

Interesting. I wonder if it is worth downgrading, then...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.