Tue, Oct 1, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Another Prime Question : Pricing structure

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 4:21 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:43 PM

Currently the minimum you can put in your cart is $5, as Prime products are $3.50 wouldn't it be an idea to put the minimum value down to that amount, or at least for Prime members??

I might want to only buy one product at $3.50, but I won't be able to because of the minimum being set at $5....It needs changing to reflect the Prime pricing, after all I can just buy one product at DAZ for $1.99 in the Platinum club which is the same thing..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 4:34 PM

I'm checking on this for you Gwyn

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 4:37 PM

Thanks Stace..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 9:15 PM

I too have that problem :(

Renderosity's "problem Child"
Support Hydrocephalus research.. because a Shunt is NOT a cure!

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:04 PM

Any answer yet Stacey??

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 2:11 PM

I just eventually put something else in my cart for $3.50, but still it would be nice not to have to buy anything but the 1 item that I really wanted.

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 2:13 PM

I agree, sometimes I only want the one item, it's a PITA having to add something I don't really want. If the Prime items are $3.50 then the minimum order should be $3.50 IMHO..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 2:16 PM

I would think that they are looking into fixing this, I am sure its a matter of presenting it to the powers that be and having them figure out if it is something that they can fix easily.  Especially since the Vendor in todays Vendor spotlight has some stuff for sale for $3.50 as well :)  Not that I can't find something else to buy but rather it would be nice not to have to :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 3:28 PM

There are no plans to change the current system requirement of the $5.00 minimum purchase.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 3:30 PM

Thanks for the info Stacey. :)

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 3:30 PM

Sorry Stacey but that's just plain wrong..

You expect members to stump up $100 a year for Prime membership and you still have a minimum purchase that is above the Prime price..!!

Makes no sense, I think it will affect your take up rate for next year, one for sure..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 4:27 PM

It is very wrong.

I don`t understand why there is a minimum price, anyway.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 7:05 PM

Yep.  The more I learn about this "Prime" membership, the less worthwhile it is seeming. Any chance that Rendo will reconsider this?

I didn't know there WAS a $5 minimum at the store...
It feels like this wasn't well enough thought out, honestly.

Even for $25 (particularly since you have no money-back guarantee) don't you think people who join without looking at these threads are going to be a bit upset if they plan to buy a membership but decide they'll wait a few weeks to join till they see how things are looking, and then find out the price is now 4 times as much for the membership? Or those who do buy one and find out the hard way, too late, that they have to actually buy TWO items every time they make a purchase?  Or those who plan to buy something that says "prime" assuming it will always be that price and find out when they go to actually make the purchase that it was only temporary? 

Since there's no way right now to know which are temporary and which aren't, you'd have to buy every item you MAY want at some point now to avoid them being pulled....

I am still looking at the possibility of getting this but am not getting good feelings about it right now :-(

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:23 AM · edited Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:24 AM

Quote - There are no plans to change the current system requirement of the $5.00 minimum purchase.

ROFL!!

Oh, I am sorry... that just sort of slipped out.

~Jack

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 12:35 AM

You can go to daz at times and only spend a dollar so I don`t understand why the minimum purchase at renderosity is five times that amount.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 1:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - There are no plans to change the current system requirement of the $5.00 minimum purchase.

ROFL!! Oh, I am sorry... that just sort of slipped out.

~Jack

Don't worry about it, the sound of the footgun firing will have drowned it out 😄

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:30 PM

snickers True, Noelr, it IS almost that time of year... :D

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:40 PM

It IS that time of year, we changed the timeframe a long long time ago:):) lol

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:54 PM

facepalms

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 5:24 PM

Please let me know when and if Renderosity is ever available for sale...

~Jack

rebelmommy ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 6:19 PM

Quote - It IS that time of year, we changed the timeframe a long long time ago:):) lol

ROTFLOL!!  Good to know.. at least I don't have to worry about Sept. now..hehehe ;)

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 9:04 PM

Thanks Jack but things are going very well so I think we will just keep on keeping on:)

Yeah Amy you can relax now lol.  Love your avatar btw

rebelmommy ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 9:11 PM

Thanks Stacey :)

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:23 AM

Quote - Thanks Jack but things are going very well so I think we will just keep on keeping on:)

Good to hear, but in truth, my question wasn't meant as sarcasm or from a prediction of doom or anything, just bonafied interest...

~Jack 

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:26 AM

I dont understand the inflexibility about a rule that makes no sense, it doesnt cost anymore in anyway to sell something for a dollar so the 5 dollar minimum seems completely pointless.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 2:18 AM

Stacey's not the one to yell at about this.. try Tim (site owner) or Debbie M. (marketplace manager).....

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 9:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - Thanks Jack but things are going very well so I think we will just keep on keeping on:)

Good to hear, but in truth, my question wasn't meant as sarcasm or from a prediction of doom or anything, just bonafied interest...

~Jack 

I understand completely and my response was the same...a sincere response to your question.  

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:19 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quote - Stacey's not the one to yell at about this.. try Tim (site owner) or Debbie M. (marketplace manager).....

I don't think anyone's yelling at Stacey - people are expressing feelings/concerns and asking about policies of the store and in particular, about Prime.  If Tim or Debbie want to come answer instead of Stacey, that's certainly an option.  And if there's a more appropriate forum in which to raise these issues, where Tim or Debbie are the moderators, I'd hope Stacey would direct us there or move the thread there.

Cheers,
Alisa

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:37 PM

The system is at odds with all the other "loyalty Schemes" in the other stores. Prime members at the very least should have the minimum set at $3.50, it's not rocket science..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:42 PM

Quote - The system is at odds with all the other "loyalty Schemes" in the other stores. Prime members at the very least should have the minimum set at $3.50, it's not rocket science..

I agree.  If I'm understanding this (and I am SERIOUSLY considering Prime so it's not an idle question) a Prime member will not be allowed to just buy ONE prime item.  If they place an order, they must always buy at least TWO items??

Cheers,
Alisa

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:43 PM

Yep, as I had to last night, even though I only really wanted the one item..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:06 PM

Quote - > Quote -   If I'm understanding this  a Prime member will not be allowed to just buy ONE prime item.  If they place an order, they must always buy at least TWO items??

Thats the way I understand it as well based on what has been said about the minimum check out requirement is not going to be changed from $5.00.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:27 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum purchase amount was something imposed by Bondware's CC processor.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:30 PM

I think you may be right about that.  It is something I had not thought of but it would make sense

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:45 PM

Okay, good news all!!! The minimum price has now been changed to $3.50!!

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 2:10 PM

WOOHOO Thanks Stacey!  You ROCK!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 2:44 PM

Quote - Okay, good news all!!! The minimum price has now been changed to $3.50!!

smlapecaf

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 3:32 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2011 at 3:44 PM

Quote - I agree.  If I'm understanding this (and I am SERIOUSLY considering Prime so it's not an idle question) a Prime member will not be allowed to just buy ONE prime item.  If they place an order, they must always buy at least TWO items??

I'm also considering joining, but this limitation seems pretty absurd...

EDIT Never mind!... 😊

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 3:40 PM

I am glad it was sorted out.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Okay, good news all!!! The minimum price has now been changed to $3.50!!

smlapecaf

Huh, what? heehee. break it down for me Kai

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:31 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Okay, good news all!!! The minimum price has now been changed to $3.50!!

smlapecaf

Huh, what? heehee. break it down for me Kai

His earlier post had him doing a "facepalms"   This post has him taking it back...... IE: facepalms spelled backwards.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quote - Okay, good news all!!! The minimum price has now been changed to $3.50!!

ZOMG!!!!1!!1! Suddenoutbreakofcommonsense, must lie down

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:55 PM

Duh now I see that lol.  It's been a long week and I'm soooo ready to be on vacation next week:)

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 4:58 PM

Thanks Stacey, good to see the change to what is logical..

Sorry, Vulcan mode tonight...

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 5:18 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2011 at 5:20 PM

gazzumped while typing :)

Is this Prime thing going to impact vendor sales at all. I mean vendors having say 30% off sales. ?

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 5:55 PM

Thanks - good news indeed!

Cheers,
Alisa

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 6:32 PM

Quote - gazzumped while typing :)
Is this Prime thing going to impact vendor sales at all. I mean vendors having say 30% off sales. ?

No it won't impact that at all:)  They are in control of having sales in their stores so they will still have that control

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 9:16 AM

Just like the site colors... 'get used to it!'
I've fixed the colors with Firefox 'color that site'
I've dumped my file locker sub
& I'm not joining the 'prime' club
I feel much better now, thank you.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.