Thu, Sep 19, 3:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Help with a color change via a node, please

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:58 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:13 AM

Okay, I have a body hair texture map, white hair on black background.

The reason it's white, is because I want to use it as an overlay/second skin and change the color of the thing.

I did this before, and I can't for the heck of me remember how I did it. Nothing I do has any effect on the color, it stays white, regardless.

I know I'm doing it wrong, but I'm losing the will to live lol.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. :)

Silke

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:16 PM

Use any black/white map as a mask by connecting the mask to a Blender, Blending input.

Then you put the two things you want it to choose between into the Value_1 and Value_2. They can be colors, other maps, whatever.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:17 PM

White on Black is normally the Transparency Map...

What is the Material Room Setup with the Image Map? (Screen Shot)

ratscloset
aka John

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 1:31 PM

file_471090.jpg

Here's a sample. This is not a full blown good skin shader - just the essentials to show how to use a hair map.

My hair map is from Apollo, and it is black on white. Actually it is gray on white. Anyway, I inverted it using Math:Subtract to make the hairs lighter than the black where skin should be free of hair.

Plug the hair map into the Blender Blending value. Put the skin color in Value_1 (I used an the Apollo color map) and then hair color in Value_2 (I used a fixed color - brown).

The Blending value can be any number you want, and the higher it is, the more the hairs are visible. You can see a render and some previous renders at different blending values.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.