Wed, Sep 18, 10:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Can poser 6 be installed on windows 7 64 bit?

egalps1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 11:48 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 4:21 PM

I tried  to install poser 6 on windows 7 and it appears an error before the installation begins.What  s wrong?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:00 PM

Try running in administrator mode. Right click on the installer expecutable and choose Run as Administrator.

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:00 PM
Online Now!

Someone posted the exact question to Microsoft, and this is their response:

"It seems that Poser 6 system requirements are Windows 2000/XP only.

Have you tried installing in Compatibility mode?

If that doesn't work then I suspect you have run into a dead end, and your only option is to upgrade to Poser 8"

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:04 PM
Online Now!

Another post from the DAZ forum pertaining to Poser 7 but applies to P6:

"Do not install Poser 7 into the program files hierarchy and that'll save you a lot of headache.

Install it to like c:Poser7 and things should be fine."

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:13 PM

no issues installing P6 on Win7 64 here (tho I avoid program files... I have 5, 6, 7, Pro installed.....)

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:16 PM
Online Now!

Exactly as I determined through Google.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:24 PM · edited Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:30 PM

I have P6, P7, and P8 installed on Windows7 64 bit PC with no problems. 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

P.S.

P6 is installed in the "Curious Labs" folder and

P7 and P8 are installed in the "Smith Micro" folder.

Both "Curious Labs" and "Smith Micro" folders
are located in the "Program Files (x86) folder.

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:25 PM · edited Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quote - I have P6, P7, and P8 installed on Windows7 64 bit PC with no problems. 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Ditto ;).

Laurie

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 12:55 PM
Online Now!

P6, 7 and 8 on windows7 Ultimate 64, no problems with any of them.

Mine are in Program files because I don't have UAC on..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

egalps1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 1:40 PM

What is UAC and how can i disable it?

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 1:44 PM
Online Now!

You should only disable it if you are fully confident of your abilities with computers and you have all required protection, i.e. antivirus, firewall, anti spyware etc..

Are you?

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 5:15 PM

I just copied my entire Poser 6 from my old computer to my new Windows 7 64 bit machine and it works great. NO need to reinstall.

Rance01 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:45 PM

UAC = User Account Control.  Settings can be found in the Control Panel under your User Accounts.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

Rance01 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:48 PM

I've always installed Poser, even as early as Windows 95, in it's own folder C:Poser #.

The software has changed hands so many times .... Plus, I don't like all the damn clicking and try and keep short path statements.

-R

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 9:17 PM

I have Poser 6,7,8 and Pro 2010 installed in Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit and they're all installed in Program Files and I haven't had a single peep of an error. All my runtimes are on a different drive but all my Python scripts are in the Program Files runtimes for all of them. UAC is of course, turned off because it's only for idiots.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 11:52 PM

Hi

Just to join in I have Poser 6 and 8 installed on Windows Home Premium 64 bit.

No problems.

Try installing it in something other then the default folder and run the install as administrator or try compatibility mode as XP service pack 2.

I have it installed on a completely different drive on my computer.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

egalps1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2011 at 7:03 AM

Guys i made it.I disabled the UAC on windows and i installed it with no problems at all.Thanks for the help

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hi

As a Windows 7 beta tester and computer geek, I recomend that you leave the UAC turned off, forever!!!

It does help keep newbies out of trouble but beyond that it's just a pain in the butt.

I would also recomend an app called Take Ownership that will let you access a lot of things that Widows 7 tries to block. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2011 at 11:24 PM

The issue you may encounter with it in the Program Files is if you add content to the Main Library. That is when Window's Virtual Store can kick in and cause issues.

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.