Tue, Oct 22, 10:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Free MATs for Amphi Backdrop 2

3dCritter ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 1:51 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:56 AM

Attached Link: 3dCritter's Free Stuff Page

file_351404.jpg

Two free downloads for the Amphi Backdrop 2. Each contains 5 images with MAT poses.

Photos from Arches National Park region in southern Utah.

3dCritter

Norm35 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 5:45 PM · edited Thu, 28 July 2011 at 5:47 PM

Is the author of this item no longer available?

I bought the item today and have not received the PZ3 file that was to be included and cannot make contact with him/her.

3dCritter ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 7:11 PM

Yes, I am still around, but unfortunately, my website with the downloads is not. If you message your email address to me, I can send you the files. - Ron (3dcritter)

3dCritter

3dCritter ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 9:35 PM

Attached Link: Amphi2_Mars360

Since the website is gone, I have uploaded the missing file and free add-on MAT collections to my Renderosity FileLocker:

"Amphi2_Mars360"

"Amphi Arches 1"

"Amphi Arches 2"

3dCritter

Norm35 ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 1:44 PM

Thanks for the files.

I downloaded and installed them.

They work but I have been disappointed by the marked degrading of the texture quality when loaded onto the backdrop, compared with loading the texture files directly as background images.

This looks about the same as painting a texture onto a one-sided square prop.

For some time I have wanted to change background images within the same pz3 file and the only way I have found of doing it  was by painting them onto squares. The loss of image quality made this an unacceptable solution.

I thought your backdrop would solve this issue. Am I missing something or does your backdrop method suffer from the same problem?

Norm

3dCritter ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 2:48 PM · edited Fri, 29 July 2011 at 2:59 PM

Often it is a matter of lighting. There needs to be light on the backdrop and the shadows should closely match the photo.

The image above is a pretty good example of proper lighting.

3dCritter

Norm35 ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2011 at 11:16 PM

If you are talking about the picture at the top of the page, I can get a clear reproduction when I view it as a backgroung picture but when I paste it on the backdrop, its quality degrades markedly.

3dCritter ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 7:54 AM

Yes, that is the picture and it is a rendering with the image placed on backdrop. As I recall, it used the first light set that is included with the backdrop, with the position of the shadow casting light adjusted to match the photo.

So, I'm not sure why you are not getting similar results, perhaps the renderi settings are a problem . If you would like to send me an example with a simple pz3, I could take a look.

3dCritter

Norm35 ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:36 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:41 PM

I have attached a pz3 file showing an arch pasted to the backdrop and also using the jpg file as a the background. I used the first light set in your package.

This is the first time I have tried attaching a file to a Renderosity message so good luck on getting it.

Looks like the the message was sent without the file. I may need some hand holding to get the file to you. I used, "Attach a File" but  apparently left out a step. Any suggestions?

3dCritter ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 7:59 AM

I have ot tried attaching files either, so I'm not sure if there are limitations. I have sent you a Sitemail message with my address.

3dCritter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.