Tue, Oct 1, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Digital-Lion ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 4:31 AM

Hello,

New Info:

The Store-Link-Area is runnig!!

Now I will have a look, what I can do for the 'WIKI'

I wanted S/M-light - so I installed Windows......
-----
Life can be such a crap - you just have to try hard enough!

The Home Of The Living Dolls

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 7:02 AM · edited Thu, 28 July 2011 at 7:02 AM

file_471268.jpg

...and I have created some new banners for the new section, pretty large but I thought that the one or other may like them anyway (if desired I can resize them for you). Above is an example (there are three more, two with green text and one without any text).

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

Digital-Lion ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 7:42 AM

WIKI will not installed on Helens Server :-(

-----

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 11:08 AM

Sf, I love that banner!

I'll put a couple on my main sites as well leading to the free-site (and if you'd like, the banner to your german-3d store). :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 11:25 AM

Of course I like:biggrin:

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2011 at 8:51 PM

Leo, I checked the freesite earlier and the Wiki worked for me but i see you have removed it now. Was there some problems with it?

The site is really looking good. :)

Well back to work, I'm trying to get a render just right with lighting. But can't get the shadows where they should fall in keeping with my background...sigh.

Digital-Lion ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 1:42 AM

First time I has upload a mirror from the Rendo-Wiki - it's running - but we can't edit this.

Than I attempt a Wiki-installation on the server, but there I have not the right authority for. We can only install a database via the CPanel.

:-(

Somebody here , who can help ??

-----

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 4:28 AM

Quote - First time I has upload a mirror from the Rendo-Wiki - it's running - but we can't edit this. Than I attempt a Wiki-installation on the server, but there I have not the right authority for. We can only install a database via the CPanel.

:-(

Somebody here , who can help ??

I'd be happy to host it, with write capabilities, but tbh, I'm not sure what's involved. Could someone please give me a few details, please?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:59 AM

For my understanding Renderosity wants to "give it away" so we should not be bound to the download we are trying our luck with (made with a site ripper, meant for offline use, I use these to store tutorials, game helps and such). At Monday Stacey is back and if we ask her she may make contact with a programmer who tells us details.

bagoas ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quote - (very poor translation - but take "dung" as something positive here).

If you want to have something to eat two months from now, pay tribute to manure today.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 8:38 PM

OT - I've Been Hacked!

At least two people have received emails form my address that were not sent by me. I'm frightened that everyone in my address book may have received similar emails. The email in question had no subject-title, and contained a web link.

Unfortunately, until further notice, you should treat any email from me with suspension. I don't suppose there can be any harm in plain text, but any links should be ignored and any executable files attached should not be run. Any attachments should be scanned for viruses, and only opened if you feel confidant that they are safe, and that the security measures on your computer are adequate.

I hurts and embarrasses me to have to post this message. I have often heard of similar things happening to other people, and have felt rather smug, thinking my own security was adequate. The smug smile has been wiped from my face. As yet I have not been able to find the cause of the problem.

I would appreciate advice any of you may have to offer on this problem, and how to track down the cause, or cure it.

The email account in question is yahoo web based mail, accessed through FireFox v3.6.18, which has NoScript installed. I am running the ZoneAlarm fire wall and AV, and SpyBot Search & Destroy, under W2k sp4.

Sorry for any inconvenience this problem with my emails may have caused. :(

Les.

ThespiSis ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 8:44 PM

I would say just change your password. A friend of mine's Yahoo account got hacked the other day. Same thing you described. So whoever did the hacking must have been specifically targetting Yahoo.

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hello Les, I am unsure that you have been hacked as the other mail I've got from another renderosity member (forget the one I mentioned, it's someone else, I mixed up the forenames and nicknames) "used" a different host, not yahoo - well, as long as you use a mail program and do not write eMails directly on the yahoo website. I recommend that you run a virus scan (on your emails as well) and, if this leads to nothing, rund a second scan with a different virus scanner.

But as the sender seem to have used yahoo as a gateway you may want to ask Yahoo about it so that they can look into this.

I had no worms nor virusses for a long, long time until I had to change to a different mail program. To do this I had to convert my mail (formerly I used courier) to be used with the new program (Poco Mail). And this converting was like opening Pandora's box. Everything that was kept locked and save by my mail program was opened and set free. In the end my computer was unusable for a whole week.... This just to tell you that so far nothing bad happened, only the usual problems you can have when communication. No need to feel ashamed! Anyone you know has catched a worm sent by accident by someone who knows this person. As as we know each other... and so on 😉

Digital-Lion ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2011 at 11:33 PM

The lights are shine on Toni's site ;-)

Thank's for your pecuniary aid

Leo

(Webmaster)

-----

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 8:18 AM

Les, there was a hacker got into the main carrier for Yahoo, Bank of America, FB and many other sites that use it as their email provider.

This happened a few weeks back and there were warnings on the TV news as well as on the internet.

It is just that there is always someone out there who can get past our security one way or the other.

That is why I alway do a check to find out for sure before I open unexpected mail.

Wish I could tell you how to cleanse it but it happened to me on another account years ago and I still won't use that account.

At least we all know it isn't you and we can just delete the suspicious email.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 8:20 AM

Leo, I just checked the site and the lamps look great.

Thank you. :)

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:38 AM · edited Sat, 30 July 2011 at 10:39 AM

file_471339.jpg

Another set of shoes for Antonia just uploaded into the free stuff queue. Ten different colours.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

SaintFox ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2011 at 2:28 PM

Kitten heels - sweet!!!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 2:05 PM

file_471405.jpg

This is a preview of the new dynamic hair I am making for Antonia. I am now working on adding more materials for different colours. The skullcap is modified from one created for Antonia with PhilC's hair designer: I had to raise the hairline considerably, cut it away from the ears and create a new transparency map for it. I use a texture on the skullcap, and the hair picks up some of its colour variation from the same texture map. The skullcap has something like 74 hair groups, and most of the groups were individually styled with the hair styling tool.

Soon in freestuff here.

I'll allow redistribution of the skullcap and the textures for free items.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 2:16 PM

The hair is looking good.

I tried making a skull cap but didn't figure out how to finish it. It is also on Antonia's free site.

If I remember correctly someone said they were working on finishing it a bit.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 3:45 PM

If I remeber right rjjack is trying his luck on the skullcap, Helen.

And the hair by Nanette: Exactly what I hoped for. I like dynamic hair a lot but so far had few luck when creating it although I have the turorials by Adorana here. So I am looking forward to this hairstyle and to playing with it!!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2011 at 11:40 PM

Thank you, I was hoping the hair could be useful. The hair room is not very well documented, especially the styling tool. Adorana's tutorials were my guide too, although they are in German, and I last had German in school in 1968! I also studied her hair shaders.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 1:03 AM

file_471413.jpg

I think I am getting the hang of the hair colours. This blonde pleases me.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Digital-Lion ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:10 AM

It looks very good !!

-----

shante ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 10:35 AM

Though it looks good and better than some I have seen made available free and commercially there is still something about this type of hair that looks "fake".

I know ALL Poser hair is fake but some look somewhat more realistic when rendered than others and the dynamic hair so far leave me a bit cold.

It always look synthetic  pin crimped and uber shiny as if made from polyester although the brown version is nicer for my tastes....less 'Glossy" and fake looking.

I understand that lack of good documentation will probably be the cause of so much problem creating it and I should be the last to critisize anyone's efforts because I haven't a clue about any complex functions in Poser but I wanted to toss my two cents of senseless cheese into this discours.

Hope I am not offensive!  :(

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:14 AM

The fake look highly depends on the lighting! This is the typical light for working on something, for artistic renders you would use different settings.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:56 AM

Thank you Saintfox. Any shortcomings are most probably due to my lack of expertise though, I find it very difficult to get exactly the look I want - I have to try different settings and learn as I go. But I am learning a lot from this project. Hopefully I shall also learn to control the shine.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 12:45 PM

I think we all learnt a lot from this project and still do - IMHO the Antonia thread is the perfect playground where you can dare to try out new things without having to be afraid that someone points at you. I've made very stupid mistakes but always found helpful people instead of laughter.

Here I used dynamic hair with a hair material by Adorana:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2193081&user_id=78941&np&np

The trick that adds more shadows to the hair is simply the use of an IBL with Ambient Occlusion turned on (hair is visible in raytracing) and the specular light adjusted so that it doesn't hit the hair too much.

But for sculpting and testing you need this bright light you've used to see everything, the only thing that MAY help is using neutral grays for the colors of the light.

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 12:55 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 1:04 PM

I just found that the free hairshaders are still available on Runtime DNA. I think that they are not redistributable but maybe they are worth a try to see if they shine so much as well. And if not what works differently.

Edit: I forgot the link!!

http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=261

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 1:38 PM

Thank you yes, I have tried them and they also shine! The lighting is definitely something to pay attention to. I have uploaded the hair item with ten different materials. I left the blonde shiny, but there are several darker shades that have a lot less shine on them.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 3:06 PM

I will check the hair out as soon as possible and post a render. For today there was enough work, it's after 10 pm here already, time to have a rest and a movie 😉 Thanks for all your effort! Today a friend called me on the phone and while talking this and that about Antonia she suddenly said: "...and did you saw all these new shoes for her?!?!?". :laugh: Women and shoes... an endless story!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 4:02 PM

Before I call it a day too (and before I forget), here is what my experiments with dynamic hair textures showed up:

You were right about the light, Saintfox. I get better results, with less of the excessive gloss, with light intensity turned way down. Using raytraced shadows on all lights too. Ambient occlusion on one of the lights, set to about .75.

The RDNA and some of Adorana's hair materials tend to use a low saturation or a grey specularity colour in the hair node. This can be quite effective on some shades but on others it can look as if there is a layer of plastic or thin cloth on the hair (sometimes this may be the look you want). The specularity colour is still a matter of experiment.

In this item I have used a bitmap texture in the place of the noise node to vary the texture a little for the root and tip textures. I think one can go much bolder than I have done. In other projects a wood node has also given interesting effects, making streaks in the hair.

I have also experimented a bit with translucence in some of the hair shades, something I saw in Adorana's hair colours. The level should be kept low but it can add life to the hair. It seems that a translucence colour that is darker than the tip colour, but lighter than the root is a safe bet.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 4:08 PM

Very interesting, I will keep your notes on my harddrive - and believe me: This sounds not a bit like a lack of experience 😉

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 11:53 PM

LOL Lots of trial and error and many renders. If only one could get an accurate preview of the hair colours without having to render every time!  The little picture in the material room is barely any indication of what the result will look like.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 12:01 AM

When something looks good unless or until you change the lighting, the shader is wrong.If you adjust the shader and then in the next light set it works poorly, the shader is wrong. When light and dark seem out of balance, and lighting an object well becomes an exercise of hours, along with shader tweaking, you probably need to start using gamma correction.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 4:15 AM

Ah Bagginsbill, I wish I could speak with your knowledge. I am perfectly prepared to believe the shaders are wrong. I do use render gamma correction - shader gamma correction is beyond my skill.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 6:35 AM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 6:36 AM

Well if you have it enabled in render settings already, then you have no need of shader GC. So then we would look at the shader for trouble.

Truth be told, the hair node is a mystery, i.e. it is not documented as to what it does and so we have to guess about what it does. From there we have to guess whether or not we actually want to use it.

Just because its name is Hair, does not justify its use. I have done almost no dynamic hair shading, so I can't tell you whether the hair node is helpful or junk. Certainly the Poser Skin node is junk. So is Velvet. If things seem unexpected with that node, I'd say there's a high likelihood it is junk.

Still - there may be some right and wrong things to do with it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:13 AM

I'll have to go and re-explore the gamma correction used directly in the shader's setup because this, usually, gives me "better" results than using gamma correction for the whole render/scene. I use better in apostrophs because the result is very much a question of taste here and not the question of quality/the right technique. It's more a look I'm after (realistic, painted, kind of airbrushed style, comic... whatever) but pure technical perfection.

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 12:12 PM

LesBentley, are you around? We need some help in the Wiki thread about what we need to restore it somewhere, on a different server. Maybe, now that we are able to keep the Antonia site up and running, this is the right place for it, we'll see. But anyway, first we need to keep a backup of the site and it's source to restore it.

Here's the thread

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2831996&page=1#message_3826017

and unfortunatly I have a hard time explaining everything in english...

ProPose001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 12:43 PM

Quote -  I think I am getting the hang of the hair colours. This blonde pleases me.

It pleases me too,  where is it available?

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 2:50 PM

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 4:52 PM

file_471481.png

...and it works well!! I like this caramel shade, it has just the right amount of shine, just like my own hair in the right kind of light. This image was done with running a calculation for all hair just on frame one (with the pose already set). I like how natural it follows the movement!

By the way: You forgot to iclude a subfolder for the hair itself, Nanette, so it unpacks directly to the hair-library. No biggie for me but some users may be puzzled. I am not sure if we are able to update freebies.

shuy ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 6:06 PM

I do not know how to describe, but Poser dynamic hair do not fit to skin. It looks nice, most of your renders looks pretty, but hair and skin looks like made with 2 different software and are affected by different lightsets. Carrara hairs are more suitable to skin shaders.

As BagginsBill wrote, I think the main reason is "hair" shader node. I do not understand all nodes in very advanced materials, but in hair nodes I do not understand even simply math function. I do not know how light can affect edges only.

3dvice ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 6:15 PM

Quote - I am not sure if we are able to update freebies.

You may update freebies

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 6:42 PM

shuy, you expressed this in a very eloquent manner "like with two different softwares" - I would very much like to find out how to lift the Poser hair shaders to the Carrara level. I saw renders with Carrara hair and it can look stunning. I confess that I like the shine the hair has in this image but when I look on my own hair under the light of my workplace lamp the shine is more "overall", less highlighted parts but a kind of gloss that covers all the hair that is hit by the light.... Unfortunatly I have to go on with a commercial product at the moment but it tickles me to try out some things.

shuy ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 7:17 PM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 7:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_471485.jpg

I'm still trying to create dynamic clothing hair. It works quite good but I have problem with textures. Hairs bend like hairs but looks like wires and rags painted with toothbrush.

It is incredible that some people can obtain great effects with very simple transmaps only.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:22 PM

I hope nobody minds that I copied Antonia's Rendorosity Wiki over to the new PoserWiki site before they delete the Renderosity Wiki pages.

Antonia's New Wiki Pages. I didn't want to see her wiki go away because nobody was paying attention to Renderosity's newest stupid move of deleting their wiki pages on August 31st!

The only thing I couldn't figure out on the new wiki site was how to link to the contents within the page from the table of contents like the Rendo Wiki does.

My Freebies

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:24 PM

What do you mean by nobody was paying attention? Did you try to see if we're paying attention? Did you read the other threads at all? Copying is already happening.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:28 PM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:31 PM

It was a figure of speech! But hey! If you have a problem with the way I communicate, I could just go back and delete the work I just put into doing the Antonia community a service!

My Freebies

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:39 PM · edited Thu, 04 August 2011 at 9:40 PM

I don't have a problem. I simply asked you a question, because you seemed to be unaware of the ongoing discussion. I see you didn't answer my question, either, but chose to talk about communication style. Carry on.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.