Sun, Oct 6, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: PoserPro Library Question

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 7:05 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:20 AM

I added my runtimes to the PoserPro Library, but none of the runtimes are displaying all of the folders inside.  In fact some aren't displaying any folders at all despite it showing the runtime was added, while others show only a few despite there being dozens.

I've tried the refresh icon, but that didn't help.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 7:07 PM

I think the Poser Pro library needs Adobe Air? Don't quote me on that tho. I only use Poser 8 which just needs Flash :P.

Laurie

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 7:44 PM

I downloaded and installed Adobe Air and rebooted, but nothing changed.  I do have Flash installed too.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 8:19 PM

When asking for help, start with what version you have so I don't have to ask.

Do you have PP2010 SR1.1? If not, start with that.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 8:35 PM

Just saw your other thread asking which updates to get. So - get SR1.1. Then we'll see.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 8:55 PM · edited Tue, 09 August 2011 at 9:05 PM

I downloaded and installed SR1.1 and I still get the same results with the library.

By way of more information:

I use Windows XP with all of the updates.

When installing PoserPro I changed the runtime install to the main program directory instead of the MyDocuments or SharedFiles or whatever it was defaulting to.

My external runtimes sit on my D Drive.  

I'm pretty sure they are added correctly because they are showing up by the name like they do in Poser 6, IE:  V4 clothing, V4 character, Lighting, Props, Poses, Hair etc.  Just that not all of the folders/files in those runtimes are being displayed.

The files I installed are:

Install Poser Pro 2010.exe

PoserPro2010Content.exe

PoserPro2010-SR1.exe

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 9:04 PM

Contact ratscloset / John. I can't remember what the problems were that caused lists to be incomplete.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 9:06 PM

Quote - Contact ratscloset / John. I can't remember what the problems were that caused lists to be incomplete.

Thanks BB, I'll do that :)

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 9:49 PM · edited Tue, 09 August 2011 at 9:50 PM

I can't seem to login to the support area at Smith Micro.  Each time I'm subjected to having the create a new account, but the email I always use is apparently already in their data base. The login information worked earlier when I went do get the updates, but won't work for the suport login.

I've registered Poser too.

I sent for a new password and the email showed I had used a different email address as my "login", so I tried that one with the password sent to me. I get some kind of CGI error.

I sent ratscloset a Site Mail through here. Hopefully that will be good enough because I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to login to SM trying to login to create a support ticket and have gotten no where :(

Ravyns ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2011 at 10:28 PM

I'd be interested to know what you find out Acadia because I have the same problem.

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2011 at 12:23 AM

The same problem with the library or problems getting logged in in order to send a technical support ticket?

I played around some more trying to get logged in but it's just a viscious circle ending up with either an invalid or CGI error. I finally just sent an email directly from my outlook express to techsupport@smithmicro.com

Ratscloset also answered my site mail.  I sent him more information and he said he will submit the problem from his end.

So hopefully I'll have an answer soon.

I bought PoserPro2010 back in November 2010 when I was on a hiatus from Poser, but didn't install it until yesterday because until a few weeks ago I was on a hiatus from Poser.

I wanted to load a scene I did in Poser 6 and try and render it in PoserPro, but seeing that most of my runtimes aren't being picked up, Poser can't find anything to load into the scene. Guess I'll have to wait a bit more in order to take it out for a spin beyond setting up my user preferences.

Ravyns ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2011 at 9:20 AM

I'm sorry.. Should have been clearer. It's the library problem for me.  I tried all weekend to get it to work. 

And it doesn't help that my pc installs things willy nilly all over the place & I have to hunt Poser files down & install them manually.  Thought maybe it was some PP 2010 file that got misplaced causing the problem. 

Don't know if it's a Vista thing or just my computer but it's a pain.

**************************************************************************************

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2011 at 2:33 PM · edited Wed, 10 August 2011 at 2:39 PM

I got a reply from SmithMicro and followed the directions and managed to get the libraries to show completely.  Here is the fix that they sent me. Hopefully it will help you as well.

Even though my library wasn't blank, I went to the link and did everything it said except for the MSCONFIG part. I checked for Windows updates, rebooted and then I uninstalled Flash, and installed both Flash for Firefox and the one for Internet Explorer.  I suspect this is what got my issue fixed.

For the issue with the Library. I suspect this is just permissions. Here is a link with some things to try.

http://support.smithmicro.com/cs/smkb.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2211

If that does not resolve the issue, let me know the following details...

1.) Product Version from About Product Screen
2.) Full path to your Poser Program Folder if other than default
3.) Full path to your Runtimes with the Main Runtime listed first.
4.) Internet Browser and version number (the library now uses browser functionality) Window Users, please also include your IE version, even if you do not use IE.

Thanks

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
Smith Micro Software, Inc. | www.smithmicro.com

martial ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2011 at 11:18 AM

i had many problem with Poser pro 2010 library using Air  or flash So i change for XL library  from 3D dimension and now i am an happy Poser camper

I hope the new version of Poser will be better for this feature or i hope 3d dimension make an update of his plugin

Ravyns ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2011 at 1:53 PM

My problem with importing the runtime seems to be fixed.  There were a bunch of extra files in the Runtime folder so I copied the entire folder to a new one & deleted the junk.  Then I imported the runtime from there.  Seems to be working OK now. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.