Fri, Oct 4, 10:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:01 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Corrupt ZIP File

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 3:13 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

I am trying to download a file that I purchased in October 2010 in Order #111844914

It is for "LeMistral" by RPublishing.

The file appears to be corrupt. I can download it fine, but it won't unzip. I get an error saying the file is either multi part or is corrupt.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

BlakeM ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 3:31 AM

I have reset your downloads, please let us know if you have any other troubles downloading the files.

Thanks,
Blake
Marketplace Admin.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 2:16 PM

Thank you. 

However, it still doesn't work.  It's just that one file.  It downloads fine but the zip won't open and it gives a message that it is either a multiple file (there is only one link to download), or the file is corrupt.

I downloaded and unzipped the addons I bought for it without a problem. But I can't seem to get the "LeMistral" file to unzip.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 3:12 PM

What program are you using to unzip ?

If what you are using has a "Test" or "Check" file option, that may give insight into the problem.

You might also want to try an alternative unzipper (e.g. 7-zip) especially if you're using the built-in Windows zip handling.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2011 at 3:49 PM · edited Sat, 20 August 2011 at 3:50 PM

I've tried both Winrar and Winzip.  The file is corrupt.  Winrar tells me that the file is either multi part or is corrupt.  Winzip tells me that it's not a valid archive.

It's just this one file.  I just downloaded others from my account and they unzip fine.  But this one won't.

BlakeM ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:00 AM

I just downloaded the zip and could not duplicate the error.  Please site mail Rpublishing and someone from out staff will look into it and make sure everything is working properly with the product and will be able to guide you through the steps that need to be taken in order to get the product correctly!!

Thanks,
Blake
Marketplace Admin.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 11:52 AM

Isn't RPublishing owned and operated by Renderosity?

I am at a loss as to how you were able to download and unzip that one file. I've downloaded several files from my account over the last few days, including some from RPublishing.

This is the ONLY file that I am having problems with.

I have tried using Winrar, Winzip, Windows, and Unziplify.  None of them can open this one file. They all show that it's either a multi part file, corrupt or an invalid archive.  All of these programs CAN open all of the other files I've downloaded from my account. But NOT this one

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 12:20 PM

Quote - I just downloaded the zip and could not duplicate the error. 

Did you actually get the files extracted from the zip file?

BlakeM ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 2:14 PM

Yes, I was able to extract the files properly.  Also, this product has sold over 270 copies in a 1 year span of being active and have not had any issues.

Yes, Rpublishing is the content creator for Renderosity, however, the marketplace and Rpublishing are two seperate entities run by different people on our staff.  I am going to go ahead and contact them on your behalf and explain to them what is happening and see if they can't help you out in some way.

Thanks,
Blake
Marketplace Admin.

Silverwind ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 3:17 PM

I've had a problem like this before on two seperate instances and oddly enough managed to work it out on my own.

1. Try clearing your internet cache and cookies then restart your browser then try to download it once more.

or if that doesn't work...

1. Use a different browser all together.

Sometimes I get that when I download stuff using IE, but when I go to FF it works just fine. Not sure why, but give it a shot.

:-)

Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / DeviantArt

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 6:57 PM

Quote - Yes, I was able to extract the files properly.  Also, this product has sold over 270 copies in a 1 year span of being active and have not had any issues.

Yes, Rpublishing is the content creator for Renderosity, however, the marketplace and Rpublishing are two seperate entities run by different people on our staff.  I am going to go ahead and contact them on your behalf and explain to them what is happening and see if they can't help you out in some way.

I have already sent a message and I directed them to this thread as well.

I'm still at a loss as to why I can download dozens of other files, and just have problems with this one single file.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 7:00 PM

Quote - I've had a problem like this before on two seperate instances and oddly enough managed to work it out on my own.

1. Try clearing your internet cache and cookies then restart your browser then try to download it once more.

or if that doesn't work...

1. Use a different browser all together.

Sometimes I get that when I download stuff using IE, but when I go to FF it works just fine. Not sure why, but give it a shot.

:-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all and still haven't been able to unzip the file once it's on my hard drive.

I deleted cookies in both IE and FF. I rebooted and then relogged into both browsers.  Then I downloaded the file again using each browser, saving each to a different path.  I even disabled my virus scanner.

4 different unzipping programs will not extract the files.

Winzip will "open" the archive if I pick "open", but it will not extract them, not even if I drag and drop. It comes up as multi part or corrupt.

I don't know what RPublishing is going to suggest that will make a difference. I suspect I'll be asking for a store credit for this product as well as the addons I bought for it.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 7:38 PM

I disabled my firewall and tried downloading the file again. Again, 4 unzipping programs cannot extract any files.  Again, Winrar can "open" the files, and I can browse them inside Winrar, but again, it can't extract anything from the zip.  The message is multi part file or corrupt file.

RPublishing ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 7:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi Acadia, sorry to hear you're having problems with LeMistral. The issue seems to me like the file is not completely finishing downloading. It is too large of a file and our system doesn't show that you have tried to re-download since Blake reset the downloads.  It's critical that you first remove all instances of the corrupted zip file before trying to redownload.  

I was able to download and open the file, but it does take a long time. It is very common for WinZip (and all the other unzipping software) to think a file is corrupt if the file didn't completely finish downloading.  I'm sure you probably already know this, but just in case, please make sure you do not close your browser while the download is in process. And, it's such a big file, I'd suggest trying not to do anything on your computer while it's downloading (just to help make sure nothing interferes with the download).  

If you have ANY download helpers (accelerators), please disable them, remove all the zip files to that product that you've already tried to download and then try to download again. 

If the problem continues after trying the above, please let us know and we will have to split up the zip file into two parts and then have you try again. 

Thanks!

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:09 PM · edited Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:24 PM

Thank you for your reply.

The file does completely finish downloading. It takes 3 minutes with my DSL to download it.

Also, I do not use any type of download manager software.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:21 PM · edited Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:26 PM

file_472126.jpg

Here is a play by play of my downloading the file:

The image above shows my browser open, the file downloading and the folder where it is being downloaded to.  You can see that there is a zip.part indicating the file is not finished downloading.

If it was a problem in my method of downloading, I shouldn't be able to open up any of the other zip files I've downloaded.

The problem is exclusive to this one single file. None of the others that I have downloaded at the same or different times.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:21 PM

file_472127.jpg

Here we have another shot of the download indicating it is finished, and the zip.part file is no longer there, only a zip file.  This indicates that it has completely downloaded.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:22 PM

file_472128.jpg

And here you can see the result of my attempt at extracting the files from the zip.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:44 PM · edited Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:47 PM

file_472129.jpg

Here is what happens when I do "open with Winrar". It will open the file to view the contents, but it won't exrtract them. I get the multi part or corrupt file.

I have tried dragging the entire contents, and file by file, but each time I get the "multi part or corrupt file" error message.

And here is the "test" message from Winrar:

!   Unexpected end of archive
!   C:Documents and SettingsLindaDesktopTo InstallNew FolderRP_LeMistral_97057.zip: Either multipart or corrupt ZIP archive

I have tried using:

1. Winrar
  2. Winzip
  3. Unziplify
  4. 7 Zip
  5. Windows unzipping program.

That's 5 programs that can't seem to open this file once it is on my hard drive. I don't understand why this is the only file it is happening to. All of the others I've downloaded extract fine.

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 9:03 PM

Hi. :-)

I have just split the zip into two smaller zip files and uploaded them to the product. The downloads have been reset. Would you please try downloading those 2 files and see if they will work better for you? Please let me know if these work. :-)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 9:18 PM

Thank you!!!  I downloaded the 2 files and they extracted without a hitch!

It seems that the problem was to do with the large size of the one file.

Thank you all so much for your help. 

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 9:21 PM

Wonderful. So glad it worked for you. Now I can go to bed without worrying about you all night. ;-) Thanks for letting me know. Have a good night!

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 9:24 PM

Frustrating to be sure! 

Sleep well.

BlakeM ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 9:48 PM

Thank you Jenn for your help.  Glad everything worked out for you now!!  =-)

Thanks,
Blake
Marketplace Admin.

RPublishing ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2011 at 10:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Jenn for splitting up the file!!!  

Acadia, just FYI in case you ever see that happen again, the file size during your download attempt showed 58.8mb (like it was on our server) but after download the file size appeared to only be 58.6. So, for whatever reason, the file wasn't completely downloading. The missing .2mb is what will casue any unzip program to think the file is corrupt.  I think our file was simply too big, and I'm very glad to know that splitting it up into two zip files worked.  

Thanks for your patience, and continuing to keep trying through the frustration. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.