Wed, Sep 18, 2:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: One more Day left and it's Poser Pro 2012 Time

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 10:11 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:53 AM

One more day left before I get my hands on Poser Pro 2012 and I'm more than ready to start working with it.  It's been a while since I've been this excited about a PC software, well with exception to the Call of Duty Series, the Medal of Honor honor series, and the Battlefield series lol.  But as far as a non-gaming software,  Poser Pro 2012 ranks in the top 6 software titles that I really want.  It's only one day left and I'm sitting in this chair feeling like a crack junkie in search for his next hit.

I'm about to enjoy one of the benefits of being unemployeed and that's having the time to persue some personal interest activities with Poser while I wait for one of my job appliations to not be turned down. Thank goodness for Freelancing.

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 10:47 PM

Turn it loose!

Eddy

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 1:06 AM · edited Mon, 19 September 2011 at 1:11 AM

Hi

Yes and Poser 9 time too.

I hope that it is a little more stable then Poser 8 but I'm not counting on it.

I have a disk made to install Windows 8 as well, the excitement never ends.

I think I'll wait to get Poser up and running before I mess with Windows 8, too many new things can be a problem.

This time I'm going to start fresh with P9 and really get all my Poser stuff organised so I can find everything. I say that every time but I always end up with a mess.

At 73 I'm permently unimployed, and glad of it, but my wife is going to Arizona next weekend to I can do what ever I want. LOL

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Barwickian ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 1:09 AM

And Gears of War 3 on the same day. PP2012, Gears. PP2012, Gears...

Going to be tough tp hold focus. Maybe Delta Squad fanart will help.

Andy Staples
The Penultimate HârnPage -- www.penultimateharn.com

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 4:44 AM

Release date=one day. Waiting for the courier service company to bring it to your doorstep another 3-4 days if you live abroad..

My Renderosity Store

bozman502 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 6:11 AM

Great, I am a poser newbie. Jumping in the deep end..LOVE IT.... Tomorrows the day (Download option for me), get the pro 2012... Hope I can get my head round it.

MacMyers ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 8:28 AM

Pretty fired up as well.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 8:34 AM

Yes,I am wainting PP2012 with great expectations, I hope we all can download the applcation without traffic problems....

adh3d website

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 11:19 AM · edited Mon, 19 September 2011 at 11:20 AM

I am having to wait for the physical disk - I'll just have to be patient. It could take two weeks or more based on previous experience.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 2:22 PM

Anyone know if it'll be available right after midnight? I'm can't wait!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quote - And Gears of War 3 on the same day. PP2012, Gears. PP2012, Gears...

Going to be tough tp hold focus. Maybe Delta Squad fanart will help.

lol Thats my prob too. I'm voting Gears.. I know its bad but can't help myself :P

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quote - Anyone know if it'll be available right after midnight? I'm can't wait!

I just read 9 AM PDT over at RDNA? Don't know if that's real or not. If it is, those in the east coast have to wait for noon. LOL

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 3:31 PM

Can you imagine Europe?
Or Australia??

NO!
NO LOL !
ha-ha-ha-
That's life......
But then.
Here we get falling leaves, there spring starts.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 4:40 PM

And I hope the capacity of the connections is better then when they released P6, P7 or P8. It's frustrating to have downloaded nearly 1 GB and then the download stops. And now, PP 2012 is more then 3GB, hope they splitted it in smaller portions.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 5:05 PM

They should have an option of having it UPS'd to the buyers. There's sooo many things that can go wrong with a download...

Eddy

adh3d ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 5:49 PM · edited Mon, 19 September 2011 at 5:50 PM

One moment, In may zone it is 20th, I want my Poser.......LOL

adh3d website

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 6:09 PM

Quote - Can you imagine Europe?
Or Australia??

NO!
NO LOL !
ha-ha-ha-
That's life......
But then.
Here we get falling leaves, there spring starts.

I'm 6 minutes away from downloading here in Oz... neener-neener... :biggrin:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 7:13 PM

Been a user of Poser since version 4, and all were standards

version 6

version 7

version 8

...and finally Pro 2010, my first time for the Pro version.

I can't wait!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

axeswipe ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 7:34 PM

Can't wait either! I am so excited that I'm going to get my hands on a Pro version at last! I'll have at least a week or so to realy work with it before the doctors release me back to work. :)

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 7:41 PM

OK, it's now 5:40 PM PDT

Who has 2012 or 9? What is it like? Should I attempt to order it in a week?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 8:04 PM

Oh well, I won't be getting out of bed til 10am central time anyway....

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 8:14 PM

Wrong. Fail. I have to wait like everyone else. :crying: Oh well. That'll teach me to be smart...

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 10:01 PM

Oh well, I've put the wait to good use, at least. A bit of writing, the knee surgery, and after far too much experimentation, I finally got my E-mu card to talk to my new copy of Sonar X1 essential (the dsp patchmix program that Emu uses can be a bear to configure correctly). And it plays nicely with Audition and SonicFire Pro, so I have the audio and scoring part of the pipeline put together at last. Now we just need Photoshop and that part of the pipe will be all tooled out....of course that'll have to wait until I've gone back to work.....

Is it time yet.........? 

Tessalynne ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 10:16 PM

Very excited here.  I've been keeping busy rendering, but can't wait to get the new version installed so I can try it out.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 10:48 PM · edited Mon, 19 September 2011 at 10:56 PM

Hi

Acording to their counter it will be available at 9:15 am EST.

Or 9 hours and 32 minutes from the time I typed this line.

Anyone know how we get the download link?

I have the cupon, the Early Adpbter logo and my order conformation.

I have my number etc, but I don't see anything that actually says where we go to download it.

Are they going to send an e-mail to all the people who have pre-ordered?

Pretty sure, I read that someplace, but I can't find it now.

Mike

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2011 at 11:37 PM · edited Mon, 19 September 2011 at 11:37 PM

mike, check yer coupon again. (links not active yet). YMMV

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 12:58 AM

Hi

Actually I ordered the physical box.

What I don't get is, do I have to do somethng tomorrow to get it sent or will they just send it to me?

I don't get all this voucher stuff, talk about making an easy process complicated.  What wrong with just doing a preorder the way that Amazon has done for years.

I have my reciepe and my confirming e-mail, my order number, etc.

So do I need to go to their store tomorrow and put my number in someplace to confirm my order?  

Usually you can download the software as well, can you do that here of do I have to wait for the box.

Mike

efstarlet ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:21 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:22 AM

You will need to redeem your voucher and pay for shipping or optional download insurance tomorrow.  We did send out a set of instructions last week to people who ordered from content paradise and store.smithicro.com on how to redeem your voucher, including your code (also on your confirmation) and the specific link each customer should use to redeem and will resend that again at launch.   Make sure you have your subscriptions setting on and check your spam filters.  Contact customer service at Smith Micro if you have any specific questions - they will be in the office at 8am Pacific tomorrow to help everyone get redeemed before they expire September 30th.  Codes activate at 12:01 pacific.

Tori Porter, Smith Micro

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:11 AM

By 12:01 PST I'm sure you mean in the PM,  right? Here I am at 12:07 pst in the AM trying to get my download on.... (3am EST)

Sigh* I would have loved to get a jump on the all day download session... 9GB, right? Blecgh**

I guess I'll have to go over to Zbrush and see if I can get my hands on zb4r2, which happends to be releasing today too.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

efstarlet ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:13 AM

No...it's up...go go go. ;)  We're ready for you if you have your link and code, emails will be sending for hours now...

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:27 AM

Ahh, for some reason my link in the email didn't work. I found a link from rdna, which said the same thing... that worked just fine.

I did have to apply the voucher code twice, first time it was taking off $0... copy/paste a second time and it worked just fine.

Cool Beans!!

alexcoppo ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:34 AM

Quote - Sigh* I would have loved to get a jump on the all day download session... 9GB, right? Blecgh**

That is the total size of all files (both Windows and Mac). The thing appears to be split in many manageable parts.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:54 AM

i see that now. I'm at about 40% now.

Is the content here all new content for 9--2012pro??

Also, how come they still don't have the features videos done in their rdna posting... they posted 5 videos, 3 of which are still "coming soon".

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:35 AM

Downloading now, 4:30 am EST. Sharen

Giolon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:56 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:59 AM

I can't get my voucher for Pro to work.  I've tried adding both the Upgrade version that I bought to my cart and the full version from the link provided in the PDF.  The voucher doesn't work with either.

Which product did you all buy and add to your cart?

Pretty disappointed...I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow morning or something.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Giolon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:18 AM

Well, I got it to work in Firefox.  I couldn't get those links to work in Internet Explorer 9 to work for my life.  It must have something to do with the automatic redirect that they try to do.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:48 AM

Where do you plug in the code? I used the coupon and ended up getting charged full price, no place to enter the code. Just wanted my credit card info so I'm emptying the cart. Guess I will wait for an email. Ordered both so a ton to download, will have to wait until 11:00 tonight can't download that much on sat in the daytime....grrr

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:56 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:57 AM

Click

http://store.smithmicro.com/cart.aspx?id=19054

go to check out

apply coupon code

if code doesnt take.... enter it again

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:25 AM

So you enter your credit card info first before the code? Went where the coupon took me logged in and it wanted to charge full price no place to enter the code. When I check the coupons it says none found. Will wait until I can talk to someone on the phone. Thanks

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:28 AM

Downloading and installing firefox.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:36 AM

No go even with Firefox, will call today and either get it straightened out or get a refund.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:55 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:56 AM

I am downloading the files now, around 115kb/s a little slow but better than nothing, you can donwload 2 o 3 files at the same time.

For me, everything perfect, I follow the last sM email instructions and without a problem.

Wainting a couple of hours of downloading...

adh3d website

chriscox ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 6:45 AM

I follwed the instructs from the e-mail that was sent to me on the 15th and am now downloading file (I'm I as giddy as a school girl at a Beatles concert, I LOVE YOU PAUL)

Anyways,  The main file will take an hour to download so I will have to wait till tonight after work to install and play

Chris Cox

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:48 AM

Never got an email wonder why? Bought both products and only got the pdf from the site itself, no email.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:49 AM

Oh gee just checked got two from them saying I should update. Same email they've had for years yet they don't realize I already bought the vouchers?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:59 AM

Ok, found my original order on their site plugged in the voucher code on the order and it says it is invalid or expired. So now to wait until they get there and hope I can get them on the phone to explain and fix this. Not real impressed. At least it shows I bought them both.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:00 AM

Quote - Never got an email wonder why? Bought both products and only got the pdf from the site itself, no email.

Spam filter? Not saying you didn't already check that, but that happens a lot.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hi

What am I doing wrong?

I have my confirmation e-mail, my order number and my voucher code.

But when I click on the link it just takes me to a page titled Order Conformation, that says, "Download Expired" in big red letters.

I can't find anyway to get to someplace where I can enter my code and start a download.

Where am I supposed to go?

Mike

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:49 PM

Forget the confirmation email... It's a new email saying poser 9 is almost here. It gives instructions.... But, did you not see the link I posted in my last post? Just click that link and apply your voucher code

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:02 PM

Hi

I missed your link...

But when I click it, it takes me to the shopping cart and it shows only Poser Pro 2012 at 149.99.

And when I try and apply my voucher number it says "Required products not purchased".

How do I get to a check out for Poser 9?

I haven't recieved a new e-mail saying, "Poser 9 is almost here"?

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:09 PM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:09 PM

When I go to my store account and order history I see my order for Poser 9 at 79.99.

The status is listed as "Captured" but I can't get from there to checkout?

Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.