Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012/Poser 9 - is it there yet?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:00 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:34 PM

I'm confused. I preordered an upgrade to Poser Pro 2010 - namely PP2012 but.. well I can't get hold of it

It was today it's supposed to go live, right?

If I plonk it in my shopping basket at Smith Micro and apply the coupon code I got when I preordered the thing it tells med I'v eadded the coupon to something it isn't meant for (specifically it tells me "Required products not purchased"

And the price is wrong, too. I paid $149 for it. It's "on sale" now for $159... I somehow understood that the price would go up wioth more than a measly $10 today?  Why would I pay a month in advance to save a mere 10? I could have gained interest on my money in the meantime.

Oh well.

The biggest issue is.. I can't GET my new Poser. Am I doin' it wrong? Has anyone successfully applied the preorder coucher code? If so, how and where?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:03 AM

Yup,

done just as they told me to do in their reminder email.

Downloading the whole gig and its very big - several GBs worth.

Eternal Hobbyist

MacMyers ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:04 AM

I cut and pasted the links in my Pser "Important info" email.

You don't need to re ad it.

As long as you paid for it before the 20th just add the coupon code and. you should be good to go. 

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:08 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:09 AM

Got the Win version of Pro 2012 within 4 hours. Until 11:00 UTC+1 Download was quite fast but then the speed dropped down to about 1.6 Mbit/s.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

FightingWolf ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:17 AM

I was able to get mine.  Copied and Paste it.  The first time I did it a period tried to sneak in at the end of the code so I just deleted the period.

The only thing that didn't work for me was going to the links through my email.  I actually had to copy and paste the links.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:44 AM

darn, did i miss the pre-order special?  i kept forgetting to bring my p8 serial number to work with me.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

blue2000 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:48 AM

Downloading now speeds up and down, had to copy and paste links from email#

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:18 AM

I had to type in the links from the e-mail. Copy and past doesn't work for me. Boy is that download slow; I'm going to be up all night.

I was very annoyed to save just US$10- for the pre order.  :-(

Adriaan Barel (a.k.a. Vege Mite)
"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:25 AM

I got the email Thursday, went and logged in, and no place to enter the code. I think I ended up going to my cart, and finding the order there, and entering the coupon code at the bottom, like a regular purchase. The order was incorrect, said upgrade from Pro 2010, not sidegrade from Poser 8. Not a problem anyway. You kind of have to jump through hoops from time to time with Smith Micro, but in the end it is worth it. Should have it all downloaded shortly. Slow speed is no doubt everyone wanting to be first, and in my case, living in a college town.   

Daymond42 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:25 AM

My voucher code in the email is not working, same as Trekkie. I'm seeing similar reports on the forum on RDNA.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

oldgreycat ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:33 AM

My voucher code wouldn't work when I typed it in, either. After 20 or so minutes of that fun, I remembered that the PDF coupon they provided during the preorder (I had saved it to my hard drive) had an embedded link in it. I clicked on that and was able to proceed.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:38 AM

Aha! I just did that as well, oldgreycat, and it worked for me! $10 for shipping? Woo, fun. Now I just gotta kick back and wait.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

wingnut1 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:52 AM

I will download after work today.

bevans84 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:11 AM

I got up at 5:00 am central time and the email was in my box. Everything worked flawlessly and started downloading within 5 minutes.
The connections seemed to be throttled back to around 5 Mbit per connection, but could keep 4 connections going at 4 Mbit fairly consistantly. Had it all downloaded within an hour, and had 2012 installed within 35 minutes.

I must have beat the rush.

BTW, if you have a 64 bit system, in preferences it will allow you to check embedded in the library settings. Don't do it, you'll get the dreaded "no flash" screen.

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:16 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:17 AM

Got the e-mail from SM a few minutes ago and downloading now.

FYI for anyone who pre-ordered:

The links in the e-mail that went out this morning may not work.  If they don't, try the following:

1. Copy/paste the store login and log in to your account.

2. Copy/paste the checkout link, click Proceed to Checkout, and apply your voucher code.  At that point, the upgrade price for Poser should update to $0.00.  Complete the checkout process, and happy downloading.  :)

Also, the Checkout link is supposed to take you directly to your shopping cart and immediately prompt you to click Proceed to Checkout.  If you recently visited SM's promo site, be sure to delete your browser cache before going to the checkout link.  Otherwise, your browser will re-direct you to the promo site.

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:16 AM

If you have a 64 bit system and you are willing to try, you can install the 64 Flash 11 beta. When you do this, you can use the embedded library. I have not had any problems with this and it works just like the 32bit version

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 10:45 AM

I had same problems as some about the code and urls not working put in a ticket turned out I was trying to get it too early. lol

No sooner had the reply come back I clicked the hotlink in the pdf coupon and all went great playing with Poser 9 now and it is excellent.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:07 AM

OK I can't find the PDF anywhere. I have the order confirmation which SEEMS to link to a pdf, only it says Stard Download at the link, and when I click that I get my Order whith the big fat red DOWNLOAD EXPIRED thing.

Which of course is nonsense.

Was the PDF an attached file or a download link in the order confirmation?

I bought that voucher a month ago.. And I want my Poser NOW!

I don't know if the link in the PDF is user-specific, but could someone please post it here so I can check?

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:09 AM

Oh and I haven't GOT any email "this morning"

What is the title of the email? And who is it sent from? (exact address so I can go look for it in my Spam folder please...)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:19 AM

Update: I found "todays" email in my spam folder and clicked the link in it. It worked. I did empty my cache first.

So I'm downloading now. Good thing I have the day off tomorrow too with that speed L (or lack thereof)

Oh well.. Hurry up, Poser.. I wanna see all the new things L

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:23 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:26 AM

Cool glad to hear you found it nothing worse than it to go missing.  

Well if my experiences with Poser 9 are nothing short of amazing. I have done a IDL and SSS render in half the time Poser 8 could do it.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:39 AM

hi TrekkieGrrrl.  i was playing with one of your props and got to wondering - haven't seen yoo posting in a while.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 12:44 PM

I've been very much away from Poser for a long time. But a new version is sure to get me out from under my rock L

So hopefully this will pull me back into the 3D world. I've missed it, but just had ZERO inspiration. Hopefully all the new bells and whistles will at least keep me busy while I explore them L

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:09 PM

Did I waste $250 on the pre-order, was that apply to everyone or just people that already had a Poser version?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:11 PM

Er... the preorder applied to everyone. The UPGRADE pricing applied to people who already owns Poser in some other iteration.

I'm not sure I understand your question? :)

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:21 PM

I thought by pre-ordering I was getting Poser Pro for $250, but my coupon wont work and I can't even log-in to complain to support.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:22 PM

Oh my goodness, in my excitement I actually paid twice! I am going to have to take this up with them.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:31 PM

Glad you got your download problems sorted TrekkieGrrrl. It's been a bit of a nightmare for me. Lost the biggest download (1GB) when it was almost finnished and had to start again. Tried to "resume" render, but that didn't work. Only another 3 hrs to go. Been on this ALL Bl##DY NIGHT! (@79.5KB/Sec). :-(

Adriaan Barel (a.k.a. Vege Mite)
"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:37 PM

Quote - Glad you got your download problems sorted TrekkieGrrrl. It's been a bit of a nightmare for me. Lost the biggest download (1GB) when it was almost finnished and had to start again. Tried to "resume" render, but that didn't work. Only another 3 hrs to go. Been on this ALL Bl##DY NIGHT! (@79.5KB/Sec). :-(

Yes I think the their servers got hammered early on as I was only getting about 5K/s tho about half hour later was at 150K/s. And yet I can do about 700K/s on a good day. :)

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:55 PM

Well I haven't had an e-mail, I have a voucher in pdf format and when I click on the link and go to the checkout it wants to bill me again for the $180 I already paid to get the voucher..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:23 PM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:24 PM

I'm in the same fix, no e-mail and when I go to my shopping cart it shows Poser Pro 2012 at $149.99.

In my order history it shows my preorder but I can't get from there to checkout!

Maybe the e-mail with the links will show up eventually.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:24 PM

Quote - Well I haven't had an e-mail, I have a voucher in pdf format and when I click on the link and go to the checkout it wants to bill me again for the $180 I already paid to get the voucher..

Did you try entering the promo code in the coupon space? That worked for me.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:35 PM

Same for my except it wants to bill me 149.99 for Poser Pro and I ordered Poser 9.

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 2:35 PM

I've sorted it now, my code was in my account at CP, I never had a mail about it though and I ordered at SM not CP..

I'm downloading now..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:03 PM

Finally got it working.  For me the problem was using the link in the PDF, for some reason I couldn't log-in from there.  Navigating to the store and my cart through my browser allowed me to log-in and apply the voucher.

darinlee ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:24 PM

Quote - I've sorted it now, my code was in my account at CP, I never had a mail about it though and I ordered at SM not CP..

I'm downloading now..

Same here , very confusing when you get no e-mail and don't know were to find the code , think this needs looking at before they do another preorder 

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:30 PM

Hi

I never got the e-mail either.

I finally e-mailed support and had an answer within a half hour.

They sent me a link that worked.

It's all ordered, and I got my confirmation e-mail.

Mike

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:14 AM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:15 AM

Well, I never got an email, besides the confirmation email. I've gone to Content Paradise and the Smith Micro store, at the SMicro store and at CP, it shows as purchased in my order history, but I have no idea where to find the code , it's not under coupons in my account...help.. I have a code from the confirmation email, but I dont know how to enter it, lol. Do I put PP2012 in my cart and check out? 

I'm sooooo confused, lol

oh, if it matters I did order the physical version, I actually made the purchase through the SmithMicro store, not that seems to matter :{

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:19 AM

Cimaira, there should be a link in your order history for your upgrade voucher purchase, click on that [extreme left side] and it should take you to the voucher code for downloading.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:22 AM

Thanks  thefixer, I'll go back and look for that :)

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:31 AM

Well, I have the voucher code, I just dont know how to use it?  I guess I click on one of those links and that will give me a place to put the code? Geeze, it doesn't seem like it should be this hard, maybe it's just me, rofl

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:46 AM

Click on the link in your original voucher, that should take you to your cart, at the bottom of the check out page there will be a space to enter the voucher code that you just found, copy and paste it to there and apply it, and you should be good to go..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:53 AM

Thanks again the fixer :)

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:30 PM

You're welcome..I don't know why they had to make it so complicated..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:39 PM

Hi

I think a lot of the problem came from the fact that like me the download for the coupon didn't work.  

Every time I clicked on the link to download the coupon it just took me to a page with a picture of the coupon but no way that I could see to download the PDF file.

No Download Here! or anything like that, and I didn't know how it was going to be used.

I tried several times to get it to download it with no luck.

So I just made a clip of the coupon on the screen and saved that.

Unfortunately that doesn't have any links in it.

I think for the people who did manage to download the coupon it worked the way it was supposed to.

Mike

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:20 PM

OK, I'm back, I finally got to try what you suggested the fixer, I logged in, clicked the coupon, saw the item in my cart, but no place to put the voucher code. Do I have to go through the whole purchase process to find the place to put the code? It wanted all my cc info again, is that what it's suppose to do? I'm really getting frustrated at myself for not getting this done already. 

I really appreciate your help, they should have given step by step instructions, maybe pictures, lol

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:45 PM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:47 PM

Hi Cimaira

If you put in a ticket you will get an answer right away, at least I got mine in about 15 minutes.

They will send you an e-mail with a link.

The link will take you to your cart page, and it will show the purchase of the software and underneath that it will show that you have purchased the coupon.

All you have to do is copy your code, (which is also in the e-mail) into a box at the bottom and it will show a balance of 0.

Just hit checkout and it will add shipping if you are getting a hard copy or a link to the download if you are going to download it.

Once I put in the ticket I was all done in a half hour.

Mike

Where to put in a ticket...

http://support.smithmicro.com/cs/smkb.cfg/php.exe/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=dAxDMHEk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0zNDEmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:47 PM

Thanks Mike, I think I will do that, I'm sure not getting anywhere trying it any other way, lol.

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 10:51 PM

Great! Thanks :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.