Sat, Sep 21, 6:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: ****And The Story Continues****

Lashia ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 7:49 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 5:54 PM

My Cow   Photography Story Challenge This challenge will be for you to continue a story.

Rules:

Here begins a back story, then you are to:

Write up to a paragraph to keep the story going.

(Please keep it within the story line)

Take a picture to accompany your addition to the story line.

If you included anything that would require a flag please check the flag needed.   Image sizes not exceeding 800 x 600 pixels and 200 KB  

Most of all have fun!!!

If you have any questions or have any other ideas you feel would be a great challenge feel free to contact me! I'd love to hear from you!     Story begins...   "The life of a little girl is a busy one. Kara is an especially busy little girl! Throughout her day she has many tasks at hands, like re organizing her doll houses, and many important meetings, like tea time with her teddy bears. But like every little girl Kara's day starts out with a blink of her eye in her bed, and what is the first thing she sees? Her stuffed cow, Milk, looking down at her!"   Continue :)

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2011 at 5:22 AM · edited Tue, 27 September 2011 at 5:25 AM

file_473267.jpg

Milk had alway's been her favourite toy because it reminded her of the weekend that she had spent with her grandparent's at their dairy farm.

On her very first day at the farm Kara's Grandmother decided to show Kara how they had once milked cow's in the old day's.

But Kara had already been distracted.

She had noticed a small calf that looked all alone and unhappy.

What is wrong with the baby cow she asked her Grandmother, Oh said Grandmother!

She was born with a broken leg, So she has to be kept seperated from the bigger cow's so that she can get better.

It was from this moment that Kara realised that she had found her new longed for friend.

Kara ran over toward's her new friend and the first thing that she noticed were the big beautiful dark eye's which greeted her.

Equal right's for photographer's because i will be one - one day...................

Lashia ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2011 at 12:06 PM

Awesome story line! I love that :) The cow in your picture looks like a cow I had when I was younger, Daisy!! Haha I love it :) looking forward to seeing how someone carries on your story from there.

Feel free to upload this awesome shot in your gallery with a link to this thread to encourage participation

Lashia

PatGoltz ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 1:04 AM

file_473315.jpg

One day, not long after that, Kara went to the zoo with her family. After awhile, they came across an area that had lovely animals in different colors. The next thing she knew, she was looking into these beautiful liquid eyes.

"Oh!" she said, "There is another cow!"

"No," her mother said. "That is a llama. Some people drink llama milk, in other parts of the world. But be careful how you approach this beautiful animal. Although some like to be petted, others will spit at you!" She smiled. "I will take you to the petting zoo soon."

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 12:21 PM · edited Wed, 28 September 2011 at 12:22 PM

file_473335.jpg

What is the petting zoo mummy asked Kara? 

Well my dear said her mother that is where children get to touch the little animals that we call pet's.

You see not everyone can own a pet and this gives them all a chance to see and touch different animals.

It is really good for people who cannot see, They are able to touch and stroke an animal that they would never be able to see or keep as a pet.

Will i be able to touch the animals mummy asked Kara eagerly.

Of course you will my dear, but you must remember that by being small the little animals can be hurt very easily, so you have to hold and stroke them very gently.

When they arrived at the petting area Kara was speaking frantically with excitement.

What shall i stroke first muumy? what will i hold first mummy? will i be able to take one home mummy?.

Mummy was glad that she was so excited because hopefully this would help her to sleep at night.

Kara had been very unsettled since she had returned home after her visit to the farm.

She missed her friend and had wanted to bring the calf home with her.

Mummy had tried in vain to explain that cow's could not live in a house but Kara did not understand why.

So after two night of restless sleep for Kara, mummy and daddy came to the conclusion that they would have to try and get her distracted from the memories of the calf, After all? if they needed to buy a pet for her then they would, at least they could take it home with them.

Mummy was on the lookout for which animal Kara showed the most interest in and would then discuss it with daddy when she got home,

If they both agreed then they would make it a surprise for her eighth birthday which was only five day's away!

But until then they would have to keep it a secret...

Equal right's for photographer's because i will be one - one day...................

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2011 at 3:57 PM

StaceyG has moved this thread from the Trash Bin aka Mount Doom forum to the Photography forum as of Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:57 pm.

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 5:41 PM

I really feel confused…. is it a  " Photography Story Challenge" or ……

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

Lashia ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 7:46 PM

Yes it is :) At the beginning it explains what has to be done, and these two entries are awesome so far- exactly what we were looking for.

Make up and add the next portion to the story (roughly a paragraph) and submit it with a photo representing your part.

Stoked to see what you come up with next!

Lashia

Lashia ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2011 at 12:13 PM

file_473442.jpg

Kara's parents talked it over. "What could we get her?" Her mother asked. "Well DEFINITLY not a cow." Her father said. "A bunny?.... No... A hampster?.... No.... A monkey?... No..." They racked their brains for what would be the perfect pet for their little girl.

Finally arrived the day of her birthday. But Kara was having a hard time enjoying herself during her party preparations.... all she could think about was the farm.

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2011 at 1:52 PM

file_473450.jpg

and when she closed her eyes she could see all the wonderful animals she had met on her last visit.

icerian ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 2:47 AM · edited Mon, 03 October 2011 at 2:49 AM

Dear Lashia,

it seems that animals are your favourite and it express your spirit. Do continue in your beautiful style.

Today we have marvelous blue sky in Prague. I hope you too :-)

Thank you for sharing, have a nice day

Marian

zoren ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 10:02 AM · edited Wed, 05 October 2011 at 10:07 AM

file_473608.jpg

As she slept, she dreamed of the elephant prince, looking for his true love. Searching through the maze, of the spaghetti forest, searching for his lost princess of the forest elf's... taken prisoner by the evil circus ring master......

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 10:19 AM

file_473609.jpg

Kara’s parents got feedback from their friends and family members as what would be the best gift for Kara.  One of the their neighbor’s had a beautiful parrot and thought a parrot would be the perfect gift.  Parrot are intelligent, entertaining and they could learn to talk.   Kara’s parents agreed with the neighbor that parrots were wonderful, but felt that those claws and beak might be too much for a girl of eight.  Perhaps when she got older they would reconsider and so they …

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 11:18 AM

file_473612.jpg

They bought her a cartoon parrot t-shirt instead which she wore proudly to school. When everyone asked who drew the cartoon parrot she proudly replied that it was one of her mother's internet friends.

Lashia ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 1:27 PM

file_473622.jpg

*As her parents sat outside together they were both running through all the options in their mind. As they both sat, pondering, a little tabby cat walked by- proudly with his tail and nose in the air. As both the parents watched the graceful cat float by they both came to the same idea, and exclaimed "a cat!"*

-Awesome additions everyone! The story is getting going now :) Im stoked to see how you continue from here!

Lashia

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2011 at 4:04 PM

file_473628.jpg

But then as they just exclaimed "a cat" Kara said that's a very pretty cat but I really want a little doggie like the one over there in our neighbors yard who's peeking at us right now from behind the flowers.

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 8:17 AM

file_473671.jpg

But thats not a cat said mummy it's a catdog and there are only a few in the whole wide world.

Mummy turns to daddy,We could kill two bird's with one stone here.

Kara want's a little dog and we would like a little cat.

Agreed said daddy,let's go to the shop now.

So off they went....

sandkat ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2011 at 9:32 PM

file_473704.jpg

The pet shop did not sell puppies anymore; but was able to give them the name and address of a reputable breeder. “I do not have a litter of puppies ready for adoption, but I do have a few older dogs little under a year old that would make great companions and playmates” recommended the breeder. Kara and her family fell in love with one of the dogs and happily took him home

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 12:08 AM

Sorry about this-But i believe the story has just been ended-Why?

Lashia ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 12:42 AM

file_473713.JPG

The story doesn't have to end there :)

Kara brought her new little puppy home and was SO excited to play with it, and to show her friends, and to feed it... this was her new best friend. Kara's parents were so thrilled to see the new friendship flourish. Kara took care of her new friend like she was his mother, made sure he was always washed and fed, and took him out for walks every night. But Kara was having a hard time figuring out his name! She was so concerned about making sure she chose a name that suited his personality, because she loved her own name so much she knew how important a task this was. So days went by and she tried calling out name after name to the dog, but nothing suited.

Lashia

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 9:58 AM

Should this story - I hope you will create another one.  It's a great way to streach one's creative skills.  I've done this type of thing before and think it's great fun to see where the story leads. :)

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2011 at 10:10 AM

file_473731.jpg

While Kara was trying to think of a name for her new dog she thought perhaps she would look for ideas in her children's books. She picked up a book about a dragon named PUFF. He was a magic dragon. so she thought "maybe I'll call my doggie PUFF since he's so puffy."

Here is the dragon that inspired her to call her dog PUFF. Just like PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON!

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2011 at 4:14 PM

file_474390.jpg

But then out of the corner of her little eye Kara noticed the milkman delivering milk to her neighbour next door. It was then that the memories came flooding back about her little friend.Milk,Milk,Milk. No matter what pet mum and dad eventually get me,thought Kara! I will name it Milk. They may even get me a white dog or even a white cat? I hope that they hurry and get me one soon. I am so lonely without a real friend...

Soon it was bedtime for Kara and as she drifted off to sleep she began dreaming of white doggies.

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2011 at 5:47 PM

file_474392.jpg

She dreamed of a White dog named Milk. But she couldn't imagine a dog named milk having black spots. There aren't any black spots in milk. How about a white dog with white hair all over. How about two white hairy dogs so they can be friends and not get lonely when she went to school. She would call one dog MILK and the other dog MILKY. So with her new dreamy dogs in her mind she fell fast asleep.

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2011 at 5:53 PM

As she fell into a deep sleep she remembered that at the time she could only visualize a white dog because her internet was down but she was now contented to dream about milk and milky her true white dog's.

Lashia ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 6:29 PM

hahaha good improve, guys! Hahaha Keep the cool pics coming, I'm going to try and think of an addition, too :)

Lashia

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 6:48 PM

file_474429.jpg

As Kara fell deeper and deeper she began to dream.

Oh' milk and milky she dreamed. What would they look like? would they be soft and cuddly? then her dream started to take shape and she saw for the first time! Milk and Milky.

Oh' no she cried out in her sleep i want soft and cuddly doggies not containers of milk.

Mummy , Daddy she screamed in her sleep-help me,she screamed louder and tossed and turned in her bed until daddy gently lifted her into his arm's and began soothing her whilst wiping away the tear's form her little face.

Eventually after Daddy had calmed her down she managed to tell him about the bad dream she had been having.

When she had finished! Daddy looked at Mummy and a little nod of her head was enough for Daddy to begin walking with Kara towards the door.

Where are we going Daddy asked Kara, Shush sweetheart it's a surprise.

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 6:55 PM · edited Sun, 23 October 2011 at 7:10 PM

file_474430.jpg

SURPRISE.

Kara jumped from her Daddy's arm's and ran toward's her new friend's Milk and Milky.

Tear's flowed from her eye's but these tear's were tear's of joy.

Mummy and Daddy held each other closely and both smiled at seeing their daughter so happy after all this time of feeling alone.

But the real fun was just about to begin...

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 7:52 PM · edited Sun, 23 October 2011 at 7:53 PM

file_474435.jpg

Daddy took Kara to the park where he put her on a swing for the very first time. Kara was amazed that she could go back and forth and seem to be flying into the sky. It was her very first experience in a playground. She loved seeing all the other children just like her having so much fun.

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 5:32 PM

file_474933.png

Kara had never before seen so many children and was so excited when one little girl approached her and asked her if she wanted to play?

Kara did not know what to do and glanced at her daddy!

With a slight nod of his head which Kara new meant yes she ran towards the roundabout with the little girl whom Kara was to learn was called Heidi.

Kara and Heidi soon reached the roundabout but Kara suddenly stopped!

What is wrong asked Heidi whilst she jumped onto the roundabout?

I don't know what we do on the roundabout Kara said quietly more to herself than to Heidi.

Kara had never seen a roundabout before.In fact she had never been to a swing park before.

Everything was so new and strange to her.

Heidi jumped off the roundabout and grabbed Kara's hand.

You have the first turn and i will push you said Heidi as she guided kara onto the roundabout.

Kara stood on the roundabout transfixed whilst heidi began pushing.

Faster and faster it went and it was not long before Kara was shouting with joy.

Suddenly the shouting happy voice changed to a scream.

Kara had fallen off the roundabout and had hurt her leg.

Her daddy rushed forward and as he knelt down beside Kara he noticed that she had cut her knee .

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2011 at 7:02 PM · edited Sun, 06 November 2011 at 7:03 PM

file_474936.jpg

Kara went home and her mommy put a nice big bandaid on her knee and told her to stay away from the playground for a while until her knee healed.

BIPOLARTWO ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 3:15 AM

(Great image) back later

dashboard_jehovah ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 8:32 PM · edited Thu, 01 December 2011 at 8:46 PM

The next day they rescued five shelter dogs...kinda like a farm...or a zoo!

Lashia ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 8:54 PM

among one of the five was Chunky, the 3 year old boy boxer. He was a smart but goofy looking dog, and he made Kara so happy! The other four dogs made Kara so happy, with all of their tricks, and personalities...

chunky

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 9:18 PM

file_475781.jpg

It's been fun contributing to this story but it's time for me to bow wow out since I believe the story has gone to the dogs!

Lashia ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 5:42 PM

Everyone should go add a fun contribution to the Photography Holiday Story Challenge :) These pictures and story line add ons have been awesome, its cool to see all the different angels this went!

Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2840236

Lashia

FANTASTICFRACTALS ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 6:21 PM

file_475827.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO KARA, LASHIA AND THEIR FAMILY

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.