Tue, Oct 22, 3:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Figure to Prop (Dimension3D)

ice-boy ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 3:00 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:47 AM

i have poser pro 2010 and i think the script doesnt work with the latest poser. can someone try it out if its my computer?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=50705

could someone update the script for Poserpro 2010?

thanks

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 3:27 AM

What does this script ?

Convert the file from a figure (.cr2) to a prop (.pp2) ?

Or a Poser figure to a Poser prop ?

I'm sure D3D will jump here and check what's going on :)

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 8:35 AM

Quote - ... i think the script doesnt work with the latest poser ...

What error messages are you getting ? If you're not getting error messages, give details of what does or doesn't happen or works differently than previously.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2011 at 10:02 AM

Rhat script appears to have been written in 2008 for Poser 5

it uses tkinter for the interface and one line reads

Label(self.frame, text="Name").grid(row=0, column=0)

I believe that all references to column need to change to col but you should be getting n error that points to the line thats wrong.

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 4:52 AM

this is what i get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:3dpythonFigure to Prop.py", line 10, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
  File "C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonliblib-tkTkinter.py", line 38, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: DLL load failed:

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2011 at 3:30 PM

That error usually means that the Poser Python has been damaged (most likely known cause is having installed the standalone Wardrobe Wizard into the Poser directory), you have another install of Python that's interfering with Poser's, or there's a missing DLL.

ice-boy ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 12:34 PM

is this python installed inside poser? or do we have to do it ourself?

ice-boy ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 12:37 PM

Quote - That error usually means that the Poser Python has been damaged (most likely known cause is having installed the standalone Wardrobe Wizard into the Poser directory), you have another install of Python that's interfering with Poser's, or there's a missing DLL.

i have blender on my computer. i think python is inside. could this be the problem?

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2011 at 7:21 PM

try putting the script in the poser python folder and run it from there.

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 9:25 AM

Dimension3D found the problem

msvcr71.dll was missing under runtime/python/dlls

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2011 at 6:48 PM

Quote - msvcr71.dll was missing under runtime/python/dlls

That should only be a problem for the 32-bit version of PPro2010, if the problem was occuring with the 64-bit version, then something else is awry.

mackis3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 12:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - msvcr71.dll was missing under runtime/python/dlls

That should only be a problem for the 32-bit version of PPro2010, if the problem was occuring with the 64-bit version, then something else is awry.

No that was also the problem for the 64bit version too. I had the same situation and it disappeared after copying the *.dll into the specific Python folder (DLLs). The problem vanished in PP2012.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.