Fri, Sep 20, 11:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Network Rendering Image Wierdness!

timoteo1 ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 7:02 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:04 AM

I absolutely love the network rendering capabilities of Bryce 5. The interface could use some patching, but it really is useful. However, I did notice on my first animation that flashing was present in the sky for a few moments. Anyone know what this could be? I then did the render on a single computer and the flashing was gone. It's like there was a difference in how one of the computers rendered the sky when I did the net render. What could be the cause? Any clue? -Tim

Deathbringer ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 1:58 PM

I to have noticed some weird stuff with certain scenes using the network rendering, but as of now I haven't been able to pin it down as to what is doing it. You might try changing just little things in it, like turn of the sky or just pick a diffrent preset and try it again.. I am still working on the whole network issues, like the pause/resume feature, and how Bryce determines how many squares a picture is going to be broke into. Hope that helps you a little.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2001 at 5:32 PM

I'm wondering if it has something to do with either codecs installed on the other machines OR the fact that this was originally saved as a Bryce 4 file? I don't use the tile opt. feature because I'm only doing animations. I just let ech comp work on a whole frame. -Tim

rockjockjared ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 4:08 PM

You might want to try the tile optimization...this might take care of the problem...or you will just have flashing in different portions of the screen :) worth a shot though. Jared

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2001 at 8:55 PM

Jared: Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. I kind of hope it DOESN"T work though, because I think tile net rendering will be a LOT slower for animations then if you let each computer work on an entire frame. -Tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.