Sun, Oct 6, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Purple Rectangles

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 11:56 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 2:10 AM

file_474477.jpg

Hi,

Does anyone know what these purple rectangles are?  I'm not sure if I clicked something by mistake, or something.  I have all four views set to Wireframe.  I thought changing to shaded or another type of view might get rid of them, but no.  When I first load the scene these rectagles are not there, but as soon as I move or change anything, they show up and I can't get rid of them.  It's not happening in any other scenes I have saved. 

I'm using Vue 9 Complete.

Thanks for any info!

John

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 12:26 PM · edited Mon, 24 October 2011 at 12:27 PM

Can't tell from your screengrab (too compressed, can't read your object list in the world browser). Do you have a plane that has a procedural material in the scene?

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 12:38 PM

file_474482.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

Here's a larger object list.  It's all simple stuff, I think.  No terrains. I have two boolen cubes making an open box object, with an image for texture.  The other objects are just vobs.

Thanks

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 24 October 2011 at 1:00 PM

Could it be one of the "basic room" object? If it's a boolean, maybe the object you used to cut the other one is using this color (either as a procedural color, or an automatic color)?

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 1:24 PM

file_474483.jpg

I went through the objects.  As soon as I deleted the table, they went away.  I added the table back,  tried both an image and a procedural color on it, but the purble rectangle stay.  At least I know it's just the table object.  I guess I can deal with it for this sence. 

Thanks for your help Bruno!

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2011 at 3:52 PM

Maybe it's an automatic color Vue gave it when you loaded it. You can check that in the Apect tab of the Object manager, under the material preview.

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 7:24 AM

I think this is a parametric object! Some 3D applications use parametric objects (Spheres, lathe nurbs ect.) Vue can't read this objects, because they aren't made from polygons. Vue only loads this as a dummy (placeholder) object.The only solution is to bake the parametric objects in the 3D application to Polygons before import to Vue.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.