Wed, Sep 18, 12:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Daz spills Beans on V5/Genesis compatability in Poser9/2012

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 6:36 PM

Quote - They have NOT present a new V-chick iteration that was not fully poser compatible  in the past

cool and how bout another inexplicable segue, thanks in advance

My Freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 6:38 PM

Quote - "I just told you, they haven't presented the base figure that way in the past."

They have NOT present a new V-chick iteration that was not fully poser compatible  in the past

Welcome to the future.

Yep, ranks right up there with New Coke.

Laurie

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 6:45 PM

Wow, this is the first DAZ figure since V3 to be released without me buying between $400-$500.00 (USD) of content. Pass.

I feel liberated. Thanks DAZ for saving me so much money. :)

Some one wake me up if they ever decide to produce products that are fully Poser enable.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 6:46 PM

Please note, I'm neither bashing nor endorsing this figure, I'ma skip this ride.  To provide content for V5, I'd be looking at having to buy:

• Platinum Club membership
  • DS4 Pro (for testing, promo pics, autofit)
  • Various 3rd party fixes for autofit that make it suck less
  • Content Creator Toolkit
  • V5 of course

probably never would recover the cost of all that in a year, plus I still hate hate hate the idea of modeling around the neuter shape, so yeah I'll have to pass.

My Freebies

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:05 PM

i'm going to buy her whilst she is on sale, and wait and see what happens.

Like DS 4 that I own but haven't even installed.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:09 PM

I am going to have to ask, as in previous incarnations of the release of figures at DAZ, if you did not ask/retain permission to re-post the images, please refrain from doing so.  It IS a copyright violation, and we'd rather just prevent them.  If a representative from DAZ would like to post images, they are free to do so, but, otherwise, I'm going to delete them.  Just link to the product page that you're talking about, please.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:10 PM

I might buy eventually, but I'm not in a rush.  I usually buy the pro bundle when a new DAZ figure comes out, but there's not much point if I can't use it in Poser.  I know DAZ says their new pricing policy means no more deep discounts but...I don't believe them.  :-) If I change my mind, I think she'll eventually go on sale for as a good price or better.  If not...I don't see anything I can't live without, at least so far. 

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:17 PM

"Just because it's the future, doesn't mean it's better."

well actually it is not really the future
its just the newest/latest and we have seen how some seem to obsess over having the newest/ latest etc
and of course the marketing machine is geared to grab that initial excitement  over all things "new"

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:25 PM

I did it!  I just spent 74 or so dollars on a figure I can't use yet, and may not like in poser.  

Well I do toons so maybe tooned she won't look too bad in poser when I find a way to get her there.  And maybe someone will make some sort of clothing solution.

Love esther

PS so here she is sitting all zipped up waiting waiting waiting 

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:37 PM

Quote - I did it!  I just spent 74 or so dollars on a figure I can't use yet, and may not like in poser.  

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:46 PM

I'll check my work roster and see if any extra shifts are going.

Love esther

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:53 PM

Need to find a freebee Vise and put Phantom3D into and squeeze them a little harder for the weight mapped V4 that is in the pipeline.:biggrin:

Oh wait or should that be a topical weight....if we squeeze the pipeline normally things flow slower...nevermind!

Not in a hurry for V5 until I see what develops over time and if and when a V4 weight mapped is created and how it performs.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:56 PM

Looking at the promo poses...I'm not overly impressed with the bending.  The pinup poses, for example:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13275

Her butt doesn't seem to be exploding, which is good, but it doesn't look natural, either. And her thigh has a weird kink in it.  Doesn't look any better than V3.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 7:59 PM

I haven't seen anything from a good Daz V5 render than I've seen from a good V4 render. The bends tho, those are much better. Even so, I don't want DS in my workflow. Not because I have anything particular against Daz (although I do with The Cult of Daz) but because it's never worked well for me without crashing and I never took to it. I don't see why we can't have figures that bend just as well in Poser. Just Poser ;).

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:01 PM

"I'll check my work roster and see if any extra shifts are going.

Love esther"

And spend the extra money  on whatever figure/program that suits your needs
and continue with your renders/comics etc.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:13 PM

I think we will find a way to use V5 in poser.  even if she just turns out to be too low poly to render well, then I will use her for background stuff.

Love esther

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:21 PM

Pretty expensive. For background stuff....lol.

Laurie

alexcoppo ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:21 PM

I was determined to shut up but I saw this image over DAZ forums which made me gasp.

Observe the back of the right knee profile and then have a look at the back of your knees when flexed 90 degrees.

Do you notice some "difference"? I do.

Bye.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:22 PM

"I don't see why we can't have figures that bend just as well in Poser. Just Poser ;)."

Have'nt they pretty much accomplished this already with the weight mapped Antonia model over at RDNA?

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:25 PM

Quote - I am going to have to ask, as in previous incarnations of the release of figures at DAZ, if you did not ask/retain permission to re-post the images, please refrain from doing so.  It IS a copyright violation, and we'd rather just prevent them.  If a representative from DAZ would like to post images, they are free to do so, but, otherwise, I'm going to delete them.  Just link to the product page that you're talking about, please.

I think it's pretty textbook Fair Use, but okay.

My Freebies

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:34 PM · edited Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:35 PM

Antonia's legs bend better than V5's, IMO.  She can bend her knees without that old Vicky kink in the thigh.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 8:52 PM

Yes Alex, I do too.  Ick.  well maybe the will do some sort of service release fix.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:15 PM · edited Tue, 25 October 2011 at 9:16 PM

file_474527.jpg

well this is alyson soooo....i'll give that imported V5 a try when the converter comes out.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 10:49 PM

I'm with you on that Esther....

Quote - well this is alyson soooo....i'll give that imported V5 a try when the converter comes out.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:08 PM

Hmnn. V5 looks better than stock V4 IMHO.

I wonder- can you export a subdivided V5 obj file? I'll have to ask at Daz. If so I could imagine travelling back to the old days when I exported the object, imported, fixed non-planar polygons, imported textures, one by one... Well- maybe I could NOT imagine doing that again! :-)

I'm not offended by busty Vicky, but the two pshr sets of enormoboobs seem a little excessive. How about  few gigaboobs and replace the rest with  examples of more typical shapes? Maybe being affected by "gravity" morphs? If they exist.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:40 PM

Quote - "I don't see why we can't have figures that bend just as well in Poser. Just Poser ;)."

Have'nt they pretty much accomplished this already with the weight mapped Antonia model over at RDNA?

Cheers

Yep, and eventually every figure will the the treatment I'm sure. Every figure that currently works in Poser that is...lol

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:43 PM

Quote -  I'm with you on that Esther....

Quote - well this is alyson soooo....i'll give that imported V5 a try when the converter comes out.

Won't try V5, but my sentiments are the same with Alyson...lol. shiver

Laurie

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:54 PM

Quote - I wonder- can you export a subdivided V5 obj file? I'll have to ask at Daz. If so I could imagine travelling back to the old days when I exported the object, imported, fixed non-planar polygons, imported textures, one by one... Well- maybe I could NOT imagine doing that again! :-)

That breaks the weight maps and morphs, so not really, no.  TBH there's another opportunity for Ralf to make some money.

My Freebies

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:59 PM

I'm hoping some clever people will give us a really good version of V5.

Love esther

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:16 AM
Online Now!

It's funny but having purchased every figure on launch since Aiko 3, I don't feel like I'm missing out this time. I am looking forward to V4 weight mapped but so far, without the weight mapping, V5 doesn't strike me as being any better than V4 with its various eliete morphs and maps.

I'm not saying that its not a great figure - it certainly looks good. But so did V4. And the low poly count is certainly a good thing but I'm just not excited about it. I don't feel like I'm missing out on the new clothing - I seem to have them, or things like them, for V4 already.

I can't help but wonder about the worth of the import and if a figure weight mapped for Studio to work with SubD will look as good as one weight mapped for Poser with its native undivided mesh. It wil be interesting to compare V4 and V5 in Poser when the new rig is complete.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:23 AM

yes, I know what you mean.

seaayre ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:42 AM

I feel a bit sad. I was alwys so excited by a new Victoria figure release. Don't have any urge to get this one at all. Daz Studio gives me a headache, when it works at all on my system. Besides, all I have is a 32 bit system with Poser 8 installed so I guess the upcoming exporter from DS won't work for me even if DS plays nice for a change. I feel like an old ghost rattling my chains around while the rest of the world moves on. :)

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 2:59 AM

Thank you DAZ.

Thank you for letting us have a look at the texture template.
But where I live, there are very few mosquito's
So thank you, buit I do not need a mosquito net.

This is a perfect example of a weightmappers worst nightmare.
This is ON purpose.
Good luck to all who try.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 3:53 AM

Well, to each his own. I like variety, and diversity. Plus I'm still learning to model and rig clothes, so guess I'll still be using Ayson. Not exclusively, of course, particularly because that would contradict my stated desire for divversity.

Coleman ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:36 AM

It will be interesting to see how the character-driven vendor market sways in the coming year, now that the consumers will be split into more groups.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:47 AM

Quote - I feel a bit sad. I was alwys so excited by a new Victoria figure release.

There doesn't seem to be as much excitement, even at DAZ.  Maybe because of the way they are doing the roll-out. They didn't say when she was being released beforehand, like they have on previous releases, and it's Platinum Club only for the first week, which kind of mutes the frenzy.

I was one of those "camping out" at DAZ for new figures, starting with V3.  They promised the release on a certain date, and people would clear their schedules to have time to play with the new toy.  On the big day, we'd be talking about it in the forum and hitting refresh constantly for the store, checking to see if she was available yet.  Usually they were late, so we'd be there all night.  :laugh:

It's not like that this time.  Maybe it's intentional, to keep their bandwidth bill down.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:50 AM

Buying more and more items ? Not for me, sorry DAZ.

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:50 AM

If all the V4 characters didn't look so much alike I might have bought more. As it is, I'm rather unimpressed by them. The only ones that really tempted me in the past couple of years were the ones by Tony Puryear.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:06 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:19 AM

"It will be interesting to see how the character-driven vendor market sways in the coming year, now that the consumers will be split into more groups."

My prediction is that after all of the screaming ,conspiracy theories, accusations and counter accusations and locked forum threads,
The vendors who bite the bullet and make V-chick /genesis clothing will still have the most "success" simply Due to the brute force of the DAZ marketing  juggernaught.

As far as this CR2 exporter goes I honestly see it as a cynical ( "take your half hearted table scrap and shut up!!")
gesture at best.

you hopefuls do realize that DAZ has stated officially that only the naked/painted on bodysuit genesis will "work" somewhat in poser  in this initial  Cr2 exporter release
NOT any of the new genesis clothing will function in your poser clothing according to them in a recent thread.

A valiant effort is being made over at RDNA for the alternatives like Antonia,alyson etc so poser  figure vendors can take their chances with those figures if they Dare.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:13 AM

Thanks for that interesting perspective.

well let us see.  the exporter is now available. I don't have time to try it as I am going interstate soon for a week but others can look and let us know what they think.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:34 AM

file_474539.jpg

wolf - you are wrong. she doesn't look so bad...

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:41 AM

"wolf - you are wrong. she doesn't look so bad..."

LOL!!!
but seriously  you should install your DS4  do some genesis to poser exports and take this through its paces just  to see how much functionality you get in real world usage, if you have time of course.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 6:47 AM

and no smoothing was applied for that render.

you know I will!  (but i am travelling interstate away from computer for a week so the waiting will drive me mad)

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:03 AM

file_474542.jpg

there's a minor problem when a pose is applied:-

alexcoppo ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:07 AM

Quote - A valiant effort is being made over at RDNA for the alternatives like Antonia,alyson etc so poser  figure vendors can take their chances with those figures if they Dare.

The development I am following more closely (V4 weightmapped) looks a tad more than just "valiant" :biggrin:. And, AFAIK, it should even be free.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:10 AM

@ester you are making my day here.

Back to V5:
It must be extremely difficult to model breasts.
They have 10.000 poly's in that area alone, and still come up with helium filled balloons.

I do not have a single poly in my body, andI have something she does not have. Nipples.
Unbelievable.
Ans yes, I went to a mirror to check.

Ester, love your V5 morph, she looks better that way.
Oh and the second one must be called "remote head control morph".

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:21 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:33 AM

I must say : We have only One single very smart guy among us.
David DPH.

He choose Posettte as his figure a long time ago, and sticked to it.

If all this time and effort had been put into improving Posette??

Then we would have had one hell of a figure.
Morphing wise, rigging wise, and converted to weightmapping?
That would have been a "WHAW" figure.

All we got after Posette was just an increase in Poly's without bringing something realy revolutionary "new".

Oh, if all this effort had gone into Posette. Oh boy's and girls.

Every figure release I go back in time and compare.
Shake my head at the lost opportunity.

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:28 AM

Quote - This whole this really has my head scratching about which figure to make clothing for. all I can say is headdesk all the way around headdesk.  
I think I need to start making props.

I wonder how many vendors feel the same way. I know I've held off as a buyer of anything V4 or G2 related...at least untill some solution comes along for poser.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:37 AM

@Madbat

Simple question, simple answer.

Genesis and V5 seem to be the best things happening to Alyson 1 and 2.

So my vote would go to Alyson2.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 8:09 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 8:15 AM

Quote - > Quote - A valiant effort is being made over at RDNA for the alternatives like Antonia,alyson etc so poser  figure vendors can take their chances with those figures if they Dare.

The development I am following more closely (V4 weightmapped) looks a tad more than just "valiant" :biggrin:. And, AFAIK, it should even be free.

Don't assume. After all, you can't expect someones hard work be free and you have no idea either way. Maybe you should keep quiet when you really don't know. Maybe it will, but what if it isn't? You'd have put your foot in it.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.