Thu, Sep 19, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: Objects not showing in Daz 4

studioe ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2011 at 10:57 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:19 PM

file_475402.jpg

I noticed some of my ojects do not show in Daz 4. Trying to correct this problem. I load the figure in my Library both by extracting the zip file and manually and still get the same problem. Here is an example in the photo.

Thanks in advance for any input.

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 12:47 AM

Looks like backfacing polys to me. How do they look when rendered?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

studioe ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 1:36 AM

the pic is a render. I also get this problem with a few other objects placed in the scene from my library.

When loaded into poser there is no problem only Daz

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 3:22 AM

Are you using the latest version of DS4.

There was aproblem with some items in an earlier version that seems to be fixed now. At least I havn't come across that problem yet with anything.

Are you getting any error messages when you load the items.

studioe ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 10:14 AM

No error messages when loading. I will need to check out the version of DS4 I have and try that

Danny_G ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 10:32 AM

Does the free version of daz v4 have the same functions as the free 3.1 version ? I have 3.1 not going to to update to 4 if its going to be limited to comparison or create compatibility problems with my content. can someone shed some light on this.

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

tparo ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 10:45 AM

I'm not 100% sure but I think so if not more. You can have DS3 and DS4 on the same computer. Just install DS4 to a different location ( I'm not sure but its default may be different anyway).

The latest DS4 build is 4.0.3.9

Danny_G ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 12:36 PM

Thks tparo ^ ^

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

studioe ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2011 at 5:54 PM

Only working with Daz 4. I was thinking about snagging ver 3 to see if I still get the same issue.

I turth I can work around this problem. Working in poser but I like use Daz for general posing of some of the models due being easyer to work with in that aspect.

I like Poser for the Dynamics and animation work. Still learning though. Kind of new to this plus I am teaching myself to work in Maya but that takes some learning on my part and just scraping the surface there.

Oh BTW Thanks for your input.

Oh one more thing working with the clothing props...in this thread "Pretty 3d-Be relax"

Some time ago when I first came accross this problem. I some how exported these ojects via Daz Collada and reimported them and then all the parts of the object became visable.

This is something that makes me step back and say hmmmm what is going on here and like to figure out what is going on

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 8:27 AM

Did you check which version of DS you are using - Help>About DAZ Studio...? It does sound very like the group name issue that was resolved in 4.0.2.55, the version before the current. If you still have a My Stuff palette you are using the old build (it's now called Smart Content).

studioe ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 5:13 PM

Thanks RHaseltine,

You are correct...I am working with the older version. I will get get the updated ver and check it out.

studioe ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 10:03 PM

Up Date..... Objects are loading in ok now after upgrading to a later ver. Thanks for all your comments on this issue

TYR

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.