Thu, Sep 19, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: IT IS TIME

PoppaC ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 10:14 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

OK Peoples! it is time (far past time if you ask me) to be able to use Dynamic clothing in DAZ.

Everything is Poser bassed, it is time for things to be DAZ Bassed. I know that there are some computer "WIZ-KIDS" out there maybe some computer GEEKS, sadly I am not one of them, who can get this done. Just think of the stuff we could do; yes,yes, We have OPTEX but that is not the same and we have AUTOFIT but that too is not the same. There is a HUGE market out there of DAZ users and someone could make a lot in it, and look at the stuff we cannot use and what it would mean to those who make DYNAMIC clothing and stuff, an untaped resource.

So come on "WIZ-KIDS & GEEKS" or who ever, let's get it done! it is time; we have the best 3d program so let's make it even better.

kerrieanne ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 5:29 PM

well there's a way of exporting it from poser to daz.

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 6:23 PM

Yes there very well be but, I am not that well verced in poser enough to do it.  That is why I am asking if ther is someone willing to take on the task of making an app, plug-in or whatever to help all of us with this.  I would have to open Poser EVERY time I changed model or outfit, mite as well stay in Poser and we can't do that I like the ease of DAZ to much.

Roboman28 ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 3:35 PM

I waited ages for Optitex Dynamic clothing to work in 64-bit and now it does in Daz4. Hurrah. For some reason I cannot save it in a Daz file, it causes the Daz file not to load. Sill if I use it in one session I can get the results. When dynamic clothing first came out for Daz I thought it would take over but it never did.

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 4:13 PM

yes I have "Optitex" as well but it does not work as it did i DAZ3 it will not be fixed untill people stop buying it and yes it depends on where you get the clothing from, if you got it from DAZ then it most likely will load it does for me but what i get from Optitex will not only not load but crashy daz4 so everything saves wit optitex has to be redone and not saved.  The other sad part about optitex is that you have to get only their stuff it will not work on anything unless it's  code is in the prop so i am still looking and praying someone will be kind to us and make a plugin for us untill then oooooohhh wellllllllll

Roboman28 ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 5:55 PM

Maybe Smith Micro will buy Daz or vice-versa so we can have the best bits of each program. Only used Poser dynamic clothing a couple of times. It worked OK but not statistically significant. Do people regard the Poser version of dynamic clothing better?

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2011 at 6:12 PM

Quote - Do people regard the Poser version of dynamic clothing better?

It's more flexible - pretty much any mesh can be turned into dynamic cloth with varying degrees of success and the mesh can be made in any modeller, doesn't have to be done by one company

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.