Wed, Sep 18, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: You know you're addicted to Poser when...

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:34 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:22 PM

still half asleep, you turn to your husband & say, "Wait honey, you can't get out of bed until your legs are finished rendering."

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:36 AM

The sun is shining (Unusual in England) and you have to finish the image now. "Just 5 minutes love honestly"

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

ArchAngelofHell ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:37 AM

lol well i am a guy and that never has happened to me so i guess that means i'm not addicated yet...

firehawk ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:40 AM

you WAIT for a scene to finish rendering to realize that there is a problem in your scene that you didnt notice until it was finished rendering...

Angel Michael ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:45 AM

You look at every thing for it's texture mapping properties.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:57 AM

Your husband sits a certain way...and you make him sit still so you can try to capture that pose. :o)

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:14 AM

You have 30GB's of Poser Textures & props on your hard drive. :)

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:17 AM

You ask you friends to pose nude so you can make texture maps from thier skin. (I have actually done that...what's even weirder...they said "Okay".)

neurocyber ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:59 AM

You get a new operating system and the only thing you can think about it is how you can I get Poser to work on Linux. :)

Jnighthawk ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:25 AM

When you start to fantisize about Vickey or poser4 female insted of real peopleL

Huolong ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:36 AM

When you visit titty bars to get ideas for poses and sets

Gordon

otaku ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:40 AM

when you start seeing everything in wire frame and try to picture it's texture mapping layout in your head.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:50 AM

you sit on a bench to watch people so you can memorize different facial characteristics...so you can try to dial that character in on your poser people...

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:43 AM

...your first action upon experiencing a moderate earthquake is not to check your house for damage, but to fire up Poser and create an animated demonstration of how the earthquake felt. (And that's not hypothetical; I did it just a few weeks ago.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

kbennett ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 12:24 PM

... you see an advertising picture of a real, live human and reach for the mouse to tweak the lighting a little...

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 12:40 PM

You look at someone out on the street and say, "Oh, look, she has Vicki's transmapped flip hair!" or "That outfit would look great on Michael!" or "The gal on that last commercial looks just like Vicki!" or you see a person sitting in an extreme position and you're wondering why his or her elbows or knees haven't exploded..... Melanie

SWAM ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 1:50 PM

You look at people and say" I have to change something in the face - it ist not smooth enough"

egaeus ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 2:48 PM

You try to morph your cat (it doesn't work).

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:04 PM

You're dreaming in wireframes. you go to movies - just to have a look how people move (and are thinking during viewing: "Hey one or two frames back please") You let your car running and then quickly thinking: "Hmm, wait I should start this render before buying some food". One hour later you came back and your car has run dry of fuel. Believe it or not - all of this happened to me allready :o)

hankim ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:14 PM

You start thinking of your girlfriend as "Vicky," and wishing she had genital morphs. Your girlfriend wishes YOU had a genital morph! You hope you don't end up with the same hair trans map as your father seems to have applied. You need a haircut, and you are thinking about asking Kozaburo to do it. When you meet someone new, you wonder who in the world thought it was a good idea to turn the "brow heavy" dial so much.

Exotica ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:34 PM

...you run into an x-boyfriend and think to yourself, "Boy, he could use some postwork."

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:34 PM

ROFL @ hankim. guffaw You shop for clothes and not only buy clothes for yourself....but take into account before purchasing the texture and pattern of the cloth for scanning and turning into a texture map. You visit fabric stores with your digital camera and look confused when they ask you to stop photographing the fabrics.

atthisstage ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 3:38 PM

"No, honey, put your hand here... no, your finger has to go there, and... oh hell, here, let me position it for you...."

Helen ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:00 PM

You get dressed and can't get your fav dress to conform... ;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

hankim ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:46 PM

You purchase a couple of large magnets as a sane, safe alternative for enlarging your pecs. You fit your bedroom with a white, a grey, and a brownish-sort of light, so the lighting will look more "natural." You start combing your hair with your Wacom pen.

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:39 PM

You name your cat Posette.

stallion ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 7:59 AM

You keep calling your girlfriend Vicky when her name is Yolanda Then blame it on spending 18 hours a day at R'osity

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

GrayMare ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 9:49 AM

It's 6:30 am, your significant other just woke up to get ready for work and you say "I'll come to bed in a minute, I just need to finish this render". you realize the sun is coming up.

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 12:34 PM

It's 3:30am and you have to get up early in the morning, and it's a judgement call whether you go to bed and get up grouchy, or simply stay up, keep tweaking and get a shower at 7am... Then there's the strange delight in knowing the names of "mannequin's" you see in places like "New Scientist" and game packaging :) later jb

Thorne ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 12:20 AM

wow! How many times have I watched the sun come up when I just had the thought that it must be late, I really should sleep a little before work... Ha! This is great! Well, at least it's good to know i'm not the only loony around here! ;o) Actually every time I see a pretty face, I cannot help but start doing a mental inventory of the morphs I would need to create just that "look". Sheesh. Ha!

JetM ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 10:24 PM

you spend more money on clothes for Vicky and Michael than you do for yourself and your loved ones (the flesh-and-blood-non-computer ones, that is) You don't wear makeup or care much for your own hair, but you're meticulous and critical for your Poser figures. You become convinced that if you could just find the right morphs, you can change YOUR body too. (sigh I have seen many women with the flip hair or Anton's changing ponytail lately. Really!)

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 11:17 PM

You've Poserised and textured your whole family for Family reunions!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.