Mon, Sep 9, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:23 AM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - @Glitterati3d: It would help if you made your subject clearer. Perhaps you wanted to discuss my alleged perpetual insider role? I assure you that the word "perpetual" most emphatically doesn't fit. ;)

==

Quote -

Quote - There is life after DAZ. A lot of life.

I think this is probably the truest thing said on these last few pages.

...and yet here you (and the other usual suspects) are... talking about, err, DAZ. One would think that the life beyond would be one exciting enough to not have to keep returning to the subject like a bunch of stalking ex-lovers... 

OK, let me see if I understand this.

According to you, as an ex-DS users, if I continue to discuss how badly they screwed me, then I'm secretly still in love with them?  Ooooookay!

And, when a DAZ official comes here to have a supposed discussion with Poser users, those ex-DS users who converted to Poser, should just keep their mouth shut and stay out of the conversation?  Ooooookay!

I really don't know how you think DAZ might repair the rift they have caused with some Poser customers by telling them to sit down and shut up because their opinion just doesn't count. 

No problem.  Won't bother with any more DAZ threads, or DAZ products, or DAZ PAs, or DAZ software, thankyouverymuch.

Exit, stage left.

I thought the mods told you twice about these posts... so when I see

Quote - ...and yet here you (and the other usual suspects) are... talking about, err, DAZ. One would think that the life beyond would be one exciting enough to not have to keep returning to the subject like a bunch of stalking ex-lovers... 

(thanks for that quote btw... made my day)

I think it's more like having a restrainting order against you and the poor man opens the front door and you're still there going on about the hurt. If life is so exciting beyond DAZ, then show it... let it go.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:31 AM

There was only one real reason for this thread.

DAZ has lost money due to non Poser items and the fact that Genesis was written to be for Studio.

They now need that money and this thread is the result. Simple business options, nothing else.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote - There was only one real reason for this thread.

DAZ has lost money due to non Poser items and the fact that Genesis was written to be for Studio.

They now need that money and this thread is the result. Simple business options, nothing else.

All the best.

LROG

... and I thought the mods told you about this type of speculation multiple times. Is it really that hard?

Where are the mods anyway? This is like the parents left the room and the children are tearing it up.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote - There was only one real reason for this thread.

All the best.

LROG

The reason for this thread was that they ran the Poser users off their forum by telling them to sit down and shut up.

So they did.

Now, they come over here to "open" a discussion with those same users, while their PAs come in this very thread and tell the Poser users to sit down and shut up.

They're schizophrenic.

They want to have a conversation as long as that conversation is all about sweet flowers and puppy dogs. 

And, then when they're done, they send their PAs in here to attack and demean anyone who didn't fall for it.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:44 AM

And you have been told on numerous occasions about your postings as well.

If you look back, I have asked about where the mods are and about the OT stuff.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:49 AM

Quote - And you have been told on numerous occasions about your postings as well.

All the best.

LROG

Sorry, they haven't. I'd invite you to find them. But all i need to do is go to the the beginning of this thread and find yours and ro.. glitters.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:52 AM

Quote - > Quote - And you have been told on numerous occasions about your postings as well.

All the best.

LROG

Sorry, they haven't. I'd invite you to find them. But all i need to do is go to the the beginning of this thread and find yours and ro.. glitters.

ROFL, you're so funny and think you have it all figured out.  But, honey, I'm not my mother and I'll stand a stalker eyeball to eyeball.  See ya soon.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:53 AM

I think I posted back at the beginning when a mod mentioned about Antonia.

Today is the most I have posted in this thread and that has been to try and keep it on topic about Poser and not on other software or documentation that is not to do with Poser.

All the best.

LROG

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:58 AM

Quote - The reason for this thread was that they ran the Poser users off their forum by telling them to sit down and shut up.

Please stop speaking for "poser users". I am also a poser user, as are many other people who shop at DAZ and enjoy the community DAZ provides.

A majority of us poser users do not have all the issues you are promoting...so please do not speak for us in your comments.

Thank you

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 11:59 AM

Quote - usual suspects

I'm glad it's only the usual suspects, instead of some unusual unsuspected types, that'd be pretty uh, unusual.

My Freebies

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:01 PM

Quote - > Quote - The reason for this thread was that they ran the Poser users off their forum by telling them to sit down and shut up.

Please stop speaking for "poser users". I am also a poser user, as are many other people who shop at DAZ and enjoy the community DAZ provides.

A majority of us poser users do not have all the issues you are promoting...so please do not speak for us in your comments.

Thank you

Oh, what do you know......another DAZ PA in the thread telling folks to sit down and shut up.

Wow.  Color me surprised.  NOT.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:02 PM

What other reason is there for this thread???

Questions have been left unanswered etc.

It has strayed off into things that it was not proposed for.

An example is documentation for Studio. Sorry, but that is nothing to do with Poser users.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:04 PM

I'm glad it's only the usual suspects, instead of some unusual unsuspected types, that'd be pretty uh, unusual.

LOL!!!!

All the best.

LROG

3anson ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - The reason for this thread was that they ran the Poser users off their forum by telling them to sit down and shut up.

Thank you

please don't speak for the 'majority' of Poser users, can you back up this claim?

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:05 PM

Quote - Oh, what do you know......another DAZ PA in the thread telling folks to sit down and shut up.

Really??

I never said anything like that. I just asked politely that you speak for yourself and not "Poser Users" in general, because your comments are putting us poser users in a bad light.

The fact that I am a PA has nothing to do with it.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:07 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:09 PM

Quote - > Quote - Oh, what do you know......another DAZ PA in the thread telling folks to sit down and shut up.

Really??

I never said anything like that. I just asked politely that you speak for yourself and not "Poser Users" in general, because your comments are putting us poser users in a bad light.

The fact that I am a PA has nothing to do with it.

Oh, I see.  So YOU speak for Poser users then?

What is it with DAZ people who think they MUST control the conversation?  And that they have the right to do so?

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:12 PM

This is  all starting to make my head hurt

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:14 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:17 PM

Hey, various folks telling whoever to shut up or whatnot, here's a great opportunity for you all - both sides - rather than continuing to clutter up the thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2840374

e: goes for people trying to get the thread locked also

My Freebies

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:18 PM

This thread had gotten way off of that the post was about. If you do not have any questions or anything that relates to this post do not post.

Also, its been said many times about speculation. Do not post anything that you don't know is 100% true. 

Do not make us lock this thread. This could be a good information thread.

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:19 PM

Quote - Oh, I see.  So YOU speak for Poser users then?

What is it with DAZ people who think they MUST control the conversation?  And that they have the right to do so?

I am not "DAZ people"...I am an independant broker..lets try to keep the facts straight.

another fact that I can attest to is that poser users still shop at daz as much as they used to, the numbers have not dropped in recent years, they have in fact gone up.

I know you probably cannot accept that fact, so apart from sharing my sales records with you, there really will probably be no way of proving this to you....but I have no intentions of doing that.

So no...I dont hold any right to speak for ALL poser users either, I never claimed to, I just asked you politely to stop making the rest of us poser users look bad with your ramblings.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:19 PM

The reason the posts have gotten OT is due to it not being moderated.

Sorry, but lots of the questiosn etc. have gone OT, there was nothing said then.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:25 PM

Will Randall be back to answer the unanswered questions?

All the best.

LROG

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - Oh, I see.  So YOU speak for Poser users then?

I am not "DAZ people"...I am an independant broker..lets try to keep the facts straight.

another fact that I can attest to is that poser users still shop at daz as much as they used to, the numbers have not dropped in recent years, they have in fact gone up.

I know you probably cannot accept that fact, so apart from sharing my sales records with you, there really will probably be no way of proving this to you....but I have no intentions of doing that.

So no...I dont hold any right to speak for ALL poser users either, I never claimed to, I just asked you politely to stop making the rest of us poser users look bad with your ramblings.

ROFL, yeah, I saw all those Poser users go rushing over to the new DAZ forum. 

It's a FLOOD!  LOL!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:28 PM

paganeagle: I've been away taking college finals.

But... no one to moderate? Thats not a excuse. If I remember correctly everyone that post in this forum are adults. So, that means that there should be no problem with a simple disscussion with a member of staff from Daz or any topic in this forum.  I'm guessing some missed the rules about posting in this forum. So for those of you that may have missed it here is the link.. please read it and think before posting.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2837749

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:29 PM

Quote - Will Randall be back to answer the unanswered questions?

All the best.

LROG

I'm unsure as I am not a member of the Daz staff.

Janl ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:33 PM

Thank you

Please do not speak for "Poser users". You can only speak for yourself as a PA at Daz.

This thread is way out of hand. It started off as a way to talk to Rand and then, when Rand went MIA, it was invaded by PAs who have acted anything but professional. I am unsubscribing from this thread. :(

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:38 PM

I thought there was more than one moderator for this forum???

The question about Randall was a general one, and it would be nice of him to come back and answer the questions that have been asked but have yet to be answerewd.

Adults we may be, but the discussion of DAZ Studio documentation or things not working in Carrara is nothing to do with the original post, it was supposed to be about Poser users, not Studio or Carrara.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:51 PM

For those that haven't had your question answered yet, just refer back to page one and the opening post.

There you will find a PM address for Randall.

All the best.

LROG

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:54 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:55 PM

Well this has been an interesting read...

I think a big problem with this thread, and most of the similar threads at Daz that have been locked, is whenever a Poser user expresses some sort of issue with Daz whether it's about Genesis or whatever else, a DS user just has to come in and argue with what Poser users are feeling, tell them they are wrong, and defend whatever actions by Daz that someone is upset about.....only causing more anger and frustration, and in the end causing even more Poser vs. Daz nonsense and continuing to split the community.

It would be nice if anyone who doesn't have any issues with Daz (and doesn't even use Poser) would just avoid this thread, and any similar discussions if their posts are not going to be of any help to anyone.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:55 PM

Richard. read the sticked post at the top of the forum.

you help run forums. show those that run others the same respect you expect on yours.

right now, frankly, you are being annoying, confrontational and downright trollish.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 12:59 PM

Because I asked why most of the posts were off topic?

Because I asked where the mods were?

Because I asked if Randall would be back to answer unanswered questions?

Because I gave a solution to those that would like their questions answered?

All the best.

LROG

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:01 PM

I have used poser for 9 some years and make things for it and I use ds4 and make stuff for it as well and I like both I use Both I make stuff for Both :P

Typing Advisory :

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:04 PM

Well then you fit in everywhere huh? lol

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:05 PM

Quote - Because I asked why most of the posts were off topic?

All the best.

LROG

no, because your being annoying, confrontational and moving into trollish. that simple.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:08 PM

I've asked valid points, I'm not going to argue and get the thread locked.

The questions I have asked are not confrontattional, that is just the way you are seeing it and that is not my responsibility.

None of those questions are off topic or against the TOS.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:18 PM

Which ones do you refer to?

All the best.

LROG

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:18 PM

maybe you would get a post on your questions  if you stop flooding the forum for 5 darn mins with  crap man  my ADD wont let me read 23 pages of back yelling fighting and what nots to even now wtf questions  are even asked  how about make a post sit for 30 mins if post is not made pm sit for a few  more I dont know 30 mins  go play a facebook game or something  or god go outside and let me read the darn 23 pages  ppl really I call no more darn post till I read  the 23 pages uggggg

Bobbie :P

Typing Advisory :

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:20 PM

Today has been the main day I have asked anything, so I don't think I have been flooding anything! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:22 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:23 PM

I'm guessing you all just completely ignored my thread.

Keep your post to what this post was intended. If you need help remembering go to page one.

If there are anymore posts that not regarding the topic, fighting, finger pointing etc. I will start giving warnings.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:24 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:24 PM

Kimberly, can you say if the questions I posted are ok.

If not, then I will not ask them, but I did think they were valid points.

All  the best.

LROG

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:30 PM

paganeagle.. questions that are regarding the first page. 

If you feel the need to ask questions that will start a fight or attack someone... don't ask. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:52 PM

Ok back to the questions:-

Reason, lots of OT items that were nothing to do with the first post were posted. These should have been picked up by the mods as has been done in the past.

Leadin on to.....

At least you answered the other two mods have not picked up the above OT items as mods should. If someone had stepped in before then those OT items would have stopped.

A general question I asked as people would like the answers to those questions, Randall asked for questions, it is only fair he should answer them.

The only way that people can get answers to those unaswered questions wuld be to do as Randall asked in the first post and PM him.

Now, I see nothing that is confrontational in those questions as they are valid points and are on topic.

All the best.

LROG

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 2:01 PM

Thank you for clarifying past posts you have done. 

As to your first question: I can only answer for myself.
As for the rest: It seems you have answered that.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 4:50 PM

Does anyone actually remember the original post?

"I do not want to talk about the store, and things you want us to make or sell... Our gracious host, Renderosity, is providing this forum and I would like to respect that and not conflict with the normal course of their business. Within that limitation,  however, you should feel free to ask me anything you like."

Anything  probably shouldn't extend to his Super Bowl picks or whether he believes that Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake had a thing, but... Some people who use Poser do actually use other 3D software as well. Since Randall is a DAZ representative, asking about Carrara or DS sounds OK to me. I know that the  great 'Gee, Dr. Phil she dumped me,' catharsis is the only thing that interests some folks while they navigate the stages of grief, but DAZ is more than Genesis. It isn't illegitimate to want to know what else they're up to that might affect people's plans. This seemed like a great opportunity to do that.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 6:47 PM

Quote - Hello everyone.

I would like to open an official, honest and productive dialog with you,  the "Poser community"

It strikes me that there is a lot of misinformation being circulated here by people who mean well, but who may not necessarily have complete or accurate information. This misinformation can stir up emotions and sow the seeds of bitterness. So... as much as I am able, and in an official capacity... I would like to answer your questions and open a new lane of communication. I wont be able to answer every question, satisfy every desire or make Genesis magically work in Poser (we are already working as hard as we can on that.) but, what **I would like to do is to engage in a positive, mutually beneficial discussion and I hope you will join me. **

I do not want to talk about the store, and things you want us to make or sell... Our gracious host, Renderosity, is providing this forum and I would like to respect that and not conflict with the normal course of their business. ** Within that limitation, however, you should feel free to ask me anything you like.**

Contrary to popular belief, DAZ 3D greatly values its Poser customers. We have been family for a very long time and I, for one, would like to start doing things to make that relationship all it can be.  

Thanks,

Randall Lloyd

Content Product Manager

DAZ 3D

If you would like to ask questions or have a private dialog, please email me at Randy@daz3d.com

MODs, I hope this thread is a legal one, i dont want to cause trouble :D

Just a reminder.

coldrake ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 7:24 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 7:37 PM

RobynsVeil wrote:

Quote - It's not the count: it's the attention. This thread happen just as a product that showcased Poser's newest features appeared. Coincidence?

Just? If you're trying to imply that Rand started this thread to upstage your Antonia WM announcement, that's impossible. This thread was started over 14 hours before your Antonia WM announcement. There's nothing to be coincidental about.

RobynsVeil wrote:

Quote - In the meantime - in case people have lost sight of it: we have a figure designed for Poser. Out Of The Box. Weightmapped using Poser 9/PP2012 technology. Using shaders showcasing Poser 9/ PP2012's new shader nodes, including subsurface-scattering.  

And it all works spectacularly well.

Those who have had a look elsewhere to this no-effect thread ("we're not changing anything: we're just here to generate discussion") have discovered that Poser actually does have a very compelling figure to play with.

Which figure? :biggrin:

GND Anastasia? :biggrin:

paganeagle2001 wrote:

Quote - Quite a lot of questions have gone unanswered or ignored.

I think most of the questions have been answered, I think there are only a couple that haven't been.

If you would be kind enough to make a list of the unanswered questions and post them here, (easier for Rand to find them) I'm sure Rand would be happy to answer them if he can.

Coldrake

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 8:36 PM

Thank you, Coldrake. 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 8:44 PM

Ah, finally the agenda becomes clear.  All this over my make believe woman is better than your make believe woman? As momma always said, this is why we can't have nice things.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 8:46 PM

Quote - Ah, finally the agenda becomes clear.  All this over my make believe woman is better than your make believe woman? As momma always said, this is why we can't have nice things.

😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 12:36 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.