Tue, Oct 22, 2:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: attention ookami (and anyone else who's interested) - Mike robe ready for beta

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 7:59 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:45 AM

file_204464.jpg

Hi, Beta version the "challenge robe" for Mike is ready (no tex yet, sorry). I'm hoping for three beta testers, preferably at least one without Pro Pack. If anyone will volunteer, pls post your e-mail addresses, or put'em in an instant message to thip here on R'osity. I'll mail you the CR2 and OBJ+MTL with instructions where to put'em, if you don't already know. I aim to make the robe a free item, if anyone's interested - and if I can find someone to host it, as I have neither the time or the talent to maintain my own website. I seem to remember a newly-created website with Mike-only items - anyone who can remember the URL?

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:02 AM

Um... WOW!!!! That looks AWESOME!!! I'd be MOST HAPPY to beta it for you! ookami@erols.com

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.maleposer.com/

right URL ? Looks very well. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

TJ ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:52 AM

That looks great , I look forward to seeing it out and ready.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:47 AM

Thip, I would be willing to test for you. I can use Poser 4 or the Prop Pack. the3dwizard@home.com Later, Phillip

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:31 AM

Hi, all Thanx for the prompt response, all. I'll send out the files tonight, soon as I can pack'em. That's the right URL, Mazak, I'll get in touch with'em. Thanx. Found a problem. In a few poses, the mesh seems to "blow up" mysteriously (see next post for pic). Moving the joint a few degrees cures it, but that's not good enough if one's doing animations. Any CR2 or OBJ wiz's out there???

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:34 AM

file_204466.jpg

Here's the problem described in the previous post - how can a few degrees make such a diff?

Lorraine ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:40 AM

I would beta...lorraine@lorrainesworld.com

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:41 AM

You're on, Lorraine. Thanx for volunteering.

jochenhauser ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:25 AM

It looks great. Let my know where its ready, it dosent matter is it a free model or not. Bye jochen

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:35 AM

I'd give it a go, I can even host the file if you'd like. iishadowcatii@aol.com poser 4 only, no pro pack.

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 12:33 PM

file_204467.jpg

Here's what I have so far. I ran it thru UVMApper and whipped together an EQ texture for it. This is what I have so far. Mostly mapping problems which didn't seem connecting to my map since I tried two different maps. Most of the poses I threw it into were fine. But I'll keep testing. PS - Texture is Kane, hair is Wonderwedge and boots are at 3D-CC...converted from Gerry's P4 boots! (Thanks Immortal)

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:27 PM

Shadowcat - you're on. Last one, though, or you'll all come up with more bugs and ideas than my limited talents can cope with ;-) Rest easy - once I've found a host, the robe will be 100% copyright-free, so everyone can molest it at will ;-) Thanx for all the enthusiasm - really makes it worth one's while pushing all those #%&/ vertexes.

thip ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 4:41 PM

...and ookami - holy sh..! Had no idea it could look THAT good - would you be willing to share that tex when we find a host for the robe? BTW the lower "cuff" is just to imitate the one on the reference pic, although I made it a little too wide. Shadowcat - if you'll host the robe, I'll be very grateful. At present it's about 300K without tex's. Pls let us know if that's OK.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:08 PM

Not a problem, I've got plenty of room.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 5:12 PM

heyas; you can fix that exploding shoulder bit if you impart just the tiniest twist to that clothing body part.... ummm... i wrote all the details down in a post in the poser technical forum, here. now i cant remember what it was called :/ i guess the easiest way to do it is to open the robe figure in its default state, grab the shoulder and double click the twist dial and type in .001. might need to do it for both shoulders. then memorize the figure and re-save it to the library. that ought to do it.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 6:36 PM

file_204469.jpg

Well I've run into a problem already, I can't seem to get it to take a texture at all. I ran it through UV mapper, got it mapped the way I wanted, saved the model, saved the map, painted the map. then opened up poser to see what it looked like. The image shows what I got, using the texture display I see the color I put on the band patched over the robe itself, but when it renders there is no texture at all. This has me baffled, I can't even figure out why.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 6:40 PM

file_204471.jpg

Here's a shot of the robe imported in as an .obj with the texture on.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:59 PM

Shadowcat; After you UV mapped the robe did you delete the RSR file in the Geometries directory? Once Poser creates a RSR file thats what it uses not the object file. ookami; Did you set the joint params manually? If you did, you'd be better off copying them the CR2 file of the figure you want to conform to.

shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:04 PM

Yes I deleted the .rsr, also the second timed I tried I then completly lost the .obj I got the .obj to list but still had a blank screen. So I put it to bed for the night and will start fresh in the morning.

thip ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 2:00 PM

Bloodsong - adding the tiniest bit of twist cured the problem right away, both in the collars, and in the shins, where I discovered a similar problem. I'll dig up the tech explanation asap, but for now, thanx for helping out. I'm already getting feedback from the beta boys (and gals, sorry ;-) ), but nothing fatal - yet, anyway. I'll make a list and try to create (hopefully) a final version next weekend. Also, please don't waste your talents on making too many tex's yet, just in case mesh changes turn out to be necessary. Thanx so far, everyone, this is becoming a real team effort.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 3:34 PM

great :)

shadowcat ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 3:42 PM

file_204473.jpg

Got it textured, I think the file got corrupted the first time, after I started again from scratch I had no problem. I found no problems that haven't already been mentioned, if this is the shin you are referring to. That and the typical problems that you'll have with a dress (crossing legs and such) It sits very well, and if you got the shoulder fixed it should be just fine.

thip ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2001 at 1:21 AM

Hi, all Ookami and Marque have discovered a slight problem with the mesh parting in the chest/abdomen area when bending/twisting the figure. May be the underlying mesh that's poking through, but I'll check it thoroughly asap. Any other problems - keep'em coming ;-)

TigerD ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 7:31 AM

Is it too late to test this? I have Poser 4.3, but not the Pro Pack. email: Mdavis@art1.junglelink.co.uk

thip ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 9:20 AM

Hang on for a few days, Tiger. I'm listing the problems found and trying to fix'em. I'll try to have a final version ready for freestuff posting this weekend.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.