Wed, Sep 18, 5:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: EZSkin v1.4.2 for Poser Pro 2012 and Poser 9

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 3:42 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 4:29 PM

EZSkin is now available for download.

EZSkin is a free Python script to convert texture sets to an SSS shader-based version. It works with many figures.

Download details have been posted to the Freestuff Forum.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 6:02 AM · edited Wed, 21 December 2011 at 6:02 AM

Well done, Snarly! 😄 Thank you! And all in time for Christmas, too!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

3anson ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 6:58 AM

thanks!!  appreciated!  :)

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 7:37 AM

Snarly, thanks for this great utility.

One suggestion for the next version: could the diffuse color be forced to be white? I know it doesn't do anything in the render, but some shader setups - e.g. the Daz default for V4 - have that blue color there and it looks odd in the preview.

Other than that, brilliant!

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:04 AM

file_476526.jpg

> Quote - Snarly, thanks for this great utility. > > One suggestion for the next version: could the diffuse color be forced to be white? I know it doesn't do anything in the render, but some shader setups - e.g. the Daz default for V4 - have that blue color there and it looks odd in the preview. > > Other than that, brilliant!

I'll add it to the list for the next version :-)

In the meantime you might like to use my Scene Fixer script for that purpose (screenshot attached).

A version for Poser Pro 2012 / Poser 9 can be downloaded here.

OKCRandy ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:30 AM

This is a great tool. :)

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:32 AM

Thanks.  Very much appreciated.

lkiilerich ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 9:11 AM

Thank you so much :-)

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 9:36 AM

Up there with the other posts.

Thank you

Happy Holidays.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

jonnybode ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 10:22 AM

Great utility this one, thanks a lot!

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:28 AM

Snagged for when I get Poser Pro 2012 in the spring. Thanks Snarlyman :P.

Laurie

Zev0 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 12:51 PM

Help I'm Blind. Where is the freestuff forum? or the link to this EZSkin script?

My Renderosity Store

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 1:26 PM

LilWolff ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:10 PM

Thank you!

Zev0 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:47 PM
Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 6:29 PM

Been looking forward to playing with this! Thank you so much!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 9:17 PM
Site Admin

Thank you!  I've got a Snarly folder in my Scripts menu where all three of your wonderful scripts reside.   And I have to say EZSkin has great documentation - something some companies should take note of ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 10:44 PM

Quote - Thank you!  I've got a Snarly folder in my Scripts menu where all three of your wonderful scripts reside.   And I have to say EZSkin has great documentation - something some companies should take note of ;)

I have no idea who you mean :P

Snarly does indeed make good documentation. :)

Laurie

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:22 PM

Nice utility, thanks :)

My Freebies

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 12:27 AM
Site Admin

Quote - > Quote - Thank you!  I've got a Snarly folder in my Scripts menu where all three of your wonderful scripts reside.   And I have to say EZSkin has great documentation - something some companies should take note of ;)

I have no idea who you mean :P

Snarly does indeed make good documentation. :)

Laurie

Oh, just saying was all :)  walks off whistling and trying to look nonchalant

And thanks to basicwiz too for the documentation - well done!

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 12:48 AM

Thank you, Snarly!

Lzy724 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 7:32 AM

TY Snarly for everything you do!!

Tessalynne ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 4:13 AM

This is a really nifty script, but I think I must be doing something wrong.  I loaded Antonia WM into an empty scene, applied morphs, then applied  the free Audry texture.  I left all the settings in the script at defaults because I was just trying it out after reading the pdf.  Hit do it and get the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "L:Poser developmentEZSkinEZSkin.py", line 1023, in Apply
  File "L:Poser developmentEZSkinEZSkin.py", line 1383, in MakeSkin
  File "L:Poser developmentEZSkinEZSkin.py", line 1043, in MakeBump
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Am using PP2012 SR1 64 bit on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64 OS, no UAC, installed outside of Program files, the textures, figure and script are all installed in the main runtime.  PDF indicates instructions are for version 1.4.1 but script version says it is 1.4.2 , script properly identifies figure as Antonia.

If I close the error message window the script pops back and indicates processing, but doesn't appear to be doing anything, never moves off the brow material.

Any ideas on what I broke? 😕

cspear ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 4:52 AM

Snarly

I must also say thanks for the Scene Fixer script: incredibly useful and well made.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 5:47 AM

@Tessalynne:

I've found the problem and will include a fix in an update to EZSkin to stop it crashing in this circumstance.

However, the real problem is that the brows have a bump map attached to the Bump channel but with the Bump Value set to zero, which is pointless! Set a meaningful value for the Bump channel and EZSkin will be happy.

When I issue an update to EZSkin I'll make sure it checks for zero values in the bump channel when a bump map is attached :-)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:00 AM

Quote - Snarly

I must also say thanks for the Scene Fixer script: incredibly useful and well made.

You're very welcome buddy. I'm also open to any ideas about additional features that people would find handy in the script.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:24 AM
Site Admin

Since you'll be updating EZSkin any chance to get Aiko3 support?  I can always use V3RR and save the mat and then apply to A3 but if it's not too much trouble to include her it would be great!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:29 AM

Wow, I'm so itching to see this code - how awesome is this!!! IknowIknow, trade-secrets, but a girl can wish, can't she?

I'm so envious - coding in Matmatic seems so... :glare:

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:31 AM

Just finishing the James Shader for Antonia - well, I'd like to think I'm getting close to finished. You know what they say:

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice... to code in Python."

or something like that... :biggrin:

Metaphor of Chooks

3anson ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:55 AM

loving the script!!!

3anson ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:57 AM · edited Fri, 23 December 2011 at 6:59 AM

file_476591.jpg

loving the script!!!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:19 AM

3anson, I don't see any difference between those.

If you have nothing in the scene to reflect, the Fresnel mode will do literally nothing but waste time.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

3anson ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:26 AM

there is an IDL dome , just not visible to camera ( it has a cloudy blue material; applied)

unfortunately, the forum requires a small file size, so detail is lost in the resizing/crunching down. original .jpg is 1600 wide by 1400 high. the difference is subtle, but it can be seen in the original.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:26 AM · edited Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:27 AM

There is a difference in the eyes in the Fresnel render. Don't see much in the skin, tho... ETA: could be my monitor. Looking at this on the laptop.

Metaphor of Chooks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:42 AM

Quote - Since you'll be updating EZSkin any chance to get Aiko3 support?  I can always use V3RR and save the mat and then apply to A3 but if it's not too much trouble to include her it would be great!

Hi Kalypso

If you download it again from http://snarlygribbly.org/misc/ezskin/EZSkin.zip it has been updated to support Aiko 3

Have fun!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:44 AM

Wow!! Now THAT'S service!! :D

:P

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:47 AM

Quote - there is an IDL dome , just not visible to camera ( it has a cloudy blue material; applied)

I looked again, and this time I notice the Fresnel on the legs.

I also do notice a difference in the specular falloff between first and second, but that is something adjustable by the user and could have gone the other way.

But you're right that the biggest differences will be in closeups (or larger images).

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:52 AM

Quote - Wow!! Now THAT'S service!! :D

:P

Laurie

Yup! That's our Snarly! What a guy, hey??? {looking for the thumbs-up smilie - I guess this will have to do} :thumbupboth:

Metaphor of Chooks

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 10:28 AM

Pure genius Snarl

Comitted to excellence through art.

Haruchai ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 11:03 AM

Snarlygribbly, yet again, steps in and saves me hours.

Brilliant, thanks :thumbupboth:

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 11:27 AM

Quote - Yup! That's our Snarly! What a guy, hey??? {looking for the thumbs-up smilie - I guess this will have to do} :thumbupboth:

Yep! What a guy! What a Snarly! What a Snarly guy!

Laurie

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 12:03 PM

Quote - Yep! What a guy! What a Snarly! What a Snarly guy!

Oi, stop it! :-)

On a more serious note, let's not forget that this whole script would be worthless without the shaders created by others, especially Bagginsbill.

Without the testers it would be as buggy as something with lots of bugs in it.

And without the cool pics I got to see from gypsyangel, Caisson et al, I might not have bothered to finish it.

And without Basicwiz some people wouldn't be able to make any sense of it anyway!

Kudos to all involved, in whatever fashion.

Gazukull ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 12:09 PM

This script pretty much rules.  Thanks much! :D

chimera46 ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 12:25 PM

Sweet, I look forward to trying this!

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

Tessalynne ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 3:01 PM

Quote - @Tessalynne:

I've found the problem and will include a fix in an update to EZSkin to stop it crashing in this circumstance.

However, the real problem is that the brows have a bump map attached to the Bump channel but with the Bump Value set to zero, which is pointless! Set a meaningful value for the Bump channel and EZSkin will be happy.

When I issue an update to EZSkin I'll make sure it checks for zero values in the bump channel when a bump map is attached :-)

Thanks, I was just on my way back to let you know that I thought it was texture specific. 

I decided to try a different skin and it worked like a dream.  Sorry, my fault for not checking the settings out more closely. 

The freebie was done by a DS user who makes no claims to knowing how to set things up for Poser. (part of the reason I wanted to give it a quick run through the script to improve it)  I'll try that one again after going through and checking the bump map settings.

Thanks.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 5:09 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for such a quick update Snarly, you're the best!  Now if and when you update again and are looking for more figures to include I have some suggestions hehe.   I noticed you have support for the Preschoolers but what about Matt and Maddie from the Gen 3 family?  Hiro 3 would also be a welcome addition as would Terai Yuki 2.  

Is there any way we could also add other figures ourselves?  I've made severaly hybrids and they all have custom .objs.  Again, there are workarounds but if it's something we can edit and save you the trouble let us know.  Thanks again for these scripts, Scene Fixer especially is saving me so much time and trouble.                 

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:29 PM

Attached Link: EZSkin v1.5.0

Ok, I've uploaded a version that let's you add your own figures to EZSkin

It's not documented yet and is largely untested, so make sure you backup your existing copy of EZSkin before overwriting it with this new version.

You will find an XML file called 'ezskin.xml' in the package. Place it in the same folder as the EZSkin script. Do not rename it.

The XML file contains definitions of new figures. The example included has definitions for Maddie and Matt.

If this is successful, I'll document it properly soon. In the meantime, the principle is this:

In the XML file (you have backed it up first, haven't you?)

Define a FIGURETYPE for all figures which share the same material zones. Give the FIGURETYPE a name beginning with '@'. This ensures that it will not conflict with any names used internally by EZSkin.

Within the FIGURETYPE, define one or more OBJECTS. This is the name of the geometry file associated with the figure. To find out the correct object name easily, run the figure_mats.py script against the figure.

Also within the FIGURETYPE, define all of the material zones in the figure, and the appropriate EZSkin shader to be used for that material zone. Again, you can use the figure_mats.py script to get all the material zones, albeit listed in a fashion suitable for my use rather than yours!

You can have multiple FIGURETYPES within the XML file, so add as many as you need. They must have different names, of course.

NB: EVERYTHING IS CASE SENSITIVE  <<-- vErY imPOrTaNt

TIP: Unused material zones are ok. If you have some figures that have almost identical material zones but differ slightly, just make a FIGURETYPE with all the aggregated material zones and assign all the figures to it. It'll still work and it's less typing.

When EZSkin is run, it will look for this XML file and load all the definitions it finds within it.

If it doesn't, tell me about it tomorrow ... I'm going to bed in a minute :-)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:40 PM

Words fail me, Snarly. Totally. This is nothing short of epic. :tt1:

Metaphor of Chooks

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 7:46 PM

Quote - Words fail me, Snarly. Totally. This is nothing short of epic. :tt1:

"Here's all my savings" will be fine :-)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 9:15 PM

All $0.39? Ummmmmmmm... okay. 😄

Metaphor of Chooks

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 9:37 PM
Site Admin

This is amazing!  Can I like just ask you for anything and you'll make it so?  Are you my genie?  I still have a third wish right?  Saving that!  :m_bouncy:

It's 5:30 a.m. here now so I'll be trying it out tomorrow as well although just by peeking into the .xml file it seems like something even I can handle. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.