Sun, Sep 22, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: User Leaf textures help!!!!!

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 7:37 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:24 PM

file_204641.jpg

I remember seeing a tree posted here that had leaves that said Bryce. How do you use text to make leaves? I tried to use my son's name as a leaf and I get white leaves with writing on them. Here are the settings and outcome. I just want to get a leaf that looks like text that isn't on paper. Does that make sense??? If some one can help me I would be very grateful!!

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 7:39 PM

file_204643.jpg

here is the outcome of my attempt.

cowtoast ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 8:34 PM

file_204646.jpg

Set the leaf shape to "User Leaf". Then it should work. (The image is just one I did using one of my own scanned leaves).

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:15 PM

I just tried that and I get the same results as I did before. I am very confused.

cowtoast ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:21 PM

I think the same thing happened to me at first. Try changing the setting to a material texture, instead of image, and use your pictures as the material, and make sure you're using a User Leaf. If that doesn't work, then hope someone else comes along ;)

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:22 PM

Thanks I will try right now!! ;0)

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:32 PM

file_204649.jpg

Ok, I just tried to use text and leaves.....It looks like a piece of paper. I appreciate the help, maybe a I just don't understand. Is there a tutorial anywhere about leaves???

cowtoast ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 9:42 PM

file_204650.jpg

Well, I have to go to sleep, so hopefully someone else that knows what's wrong will log on.. There's a pic of my settings, and it's all I can do.. Good luck with your leaves. http://www.brycetech.com/tutor/bryce/tree4.html There's a page that should help

extrusiontek ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:20 PM

Thanks sooooo much!!!! I think I have it! If it comes out right I will post! Thanks again to all!!!!!!

Micheleh ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 10:28 PM

I think the "square paper leaves" is brilliant! I love it. It reminds me of an ad for printers, or copiers.

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2001 at 11:27 PM

Hey Cowtoast, the scanned leaves look great...

kaom ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2001 at 2:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dover.k12.oh.us/schools/dhs/teacher/mathias/leaf_notebook/TOC.htm

check this site out, it has a collection of leaf photos that might work great for this purpose. kaom

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.