Tue, Oct 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Inserting an item into a specific set of frames.

russ555 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2011 at 8:43 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 1:08 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to make my first animation and it involves bubbles rising to the surface. I need them to appear at the right spot then rise offscreen and disappear.

I did the rising part fine, it was a lot easier than I expected (thought I was going to have to manually move them up frame by frame). The problem is they hover in their starting position from the 1st frame until many frames later when I want them to appear and Rise.

I'm using PP2012

TLDR: how do I make an object appear and disappear in an animation?

Adom ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2011 at 9:05 PM

on the properties tab of any object click on the small key icon near the VISIBLE check box - this will add one more dial (visibility) - now you can make it disappear an apper.

It works in p8 - don't know about p12:)

russ555 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2011 at 9:57 PM

That worked great, thanks a lot.

I feel like an idiot now. I spent hours trying to figure it out lol.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2011 at 10:10 PM

You can also just move them out of the camera frame. If you keyframe the start and end frames for the motion Poser will do the rest.

russ555 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2011 at 10:28 PM

Quote - You can also just move them out of the camera frame. If you keyframe the start and end frames for the motion Poser will do the rest.

I tried something like that. Not sure if it was using key frames though cos I don't really get how to use them.

But I selected say frame 10 loaded the bubbles, selected frame 30 and moved them up and off camera. The problem was that from 1-10 they would be sat there looking silly. If I tried starting them off camera in frame 1 and placing them in the right place between frame 1 and 10 you would see bubbles float in from the side lol.

The first method works fine though and is nice and easy so it doesn't matter now.

Thanks to both of you.

russ555 ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2011 at 10:51 PM

Got a similar issue with parenting objects now. 

I want the object parented with nothing until the hand gets in place to pick it up at which point I want it to become parented to the hand. Is this possible?

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2011 at 6:00 AM

Quote - I want the object parented with nothing until the hand gets in place to pick it up at which point I want it to become parented to the hand. Is this possible?

The simplest solution is to have two copies of the object, one parented and one unparented.
You then make each object visible/invisible as required.

An alternative is to split the scene into parented and unparented segments.

russ555 ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2011 at 2:40 PM

thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.