Thu, Sep 19, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: DS4 and Page File Usage

MarkR151 ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2012 at 4:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:19 PM

I have my DAZ3D folder I have been installing everything into on my C drive in the My Documents folder, but have been saving all my renders & DAZ Scenes & Presets to a separate folder on another drive.

Here's my situation. Although I load the program from that C drive location, not only am I saving all my work on a much bigger separate drive, but I've also designated that 2TB drive as my exclusive page file/scratch disk drive on the advice of an expert since the latter drive has so much more free space and storage space. My problem is that even clearing out the restore points(Win 7/64 btw) every few days and deleting Temp files, something keeps eating up space on my C drive. And I'm not even downloading anything new or installing any new programs there. I'm down to 14GB of free space and even after deleting old stuff, it goes from showing 20 or more GB of free space back to 14 or less. So,...

1. Is DS4(Basic) stilll using page file space on this drive even after I designated G drive as the exclusive page file/scratch disk drive?

2. Should I install DS4 Advanced to the other drive, which is also internal(WD Caviar Black 2TB 7.2K speed, 64MB cache) or does it need to go on my already cramped for space boot drive?

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2012 at 5:15 PM

reguardless what dirve you install the pro on it will use C ad the operation bass so no matter where you install it will still load some files onto C drive

I has 2 ext drives and have 3 on one and 4 on the other  still C drive gor the opening pro just keep as much off C as you can

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2012 at 8:31 PM

if you've been installing the meta data and the product ( both installersl from DAZ) with recomended settings they install it directly to the my documentsdas 3dstudiomy library.  so you'll have a content directory on your C drive even if you didn't intend one

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2012 at 9:12 PM

The CMS also has a vlog folder.  Every time you start your computer a new file is written to the folder.  The size of the file appears to be related to amount of content with meta data.

MarkR151 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 1:22 AM

Quote - The CMS also has a vlog folder.  Every time you start your computer a new file is written to the folder.  The size of the file appears to be related to amount of content with meta data.

And what is CMS again? I'm still new at this.  What should I do to lesson the amount or # of files being stored other than delete Temp files which I already do? 

vitachick ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 4:11 AM

Don't use Daz4 but all my graphic programs are on my D drive. Both are 500g. Also have external drive to back everything up.. Winxp 32 bit

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

jestmart ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 9:17 PM

CMS is Content Management Service, it is a database service that makes the Smart Content possible.  I am seriously considering disabling it after discovering the vlog folder.

MarkR151 ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quote - CMS is Content Management Service, it is a database service that makes the Smart Content possible.  I am seriously considering disabling it after discovering the vlog folder.

How do you disable the CMS?

And if you do, will that affect your Content Library or ability to use all the items in the Content Library? 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.