Fri, Sep 20, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 - How do I turn off Sub Surface scattering?

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 1:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:46 AM

I have Poser 8.

I went into the material room and turned on sub surface scattering for the face, head, hands, etc, of my Michael 4 character. As my test renders are taking a horrifically long time, I'm wanting to turn this SSS off, but don't see an option to do so, hoping this will cut down the test render time.

Is there a way to turn off the SSS that I turned on?

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 1:32 PM

Yes, Poser 8 does not have sub surface scattering.....

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 1:38 PM

You will need to disconnect those nodes from the PoserSurface in the material room.  However, as wimvdb mentioned, there is no real SSS in P8.  In P9/PP2012, SSS can be controlled through the render settings.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 2:06 PM

can you reapply the original texture set you had for M4?

to do it manually, you'd need to unplug the fastscatter node in all his material zones.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 2:19 PM

Could you tell me which nodes to disconnect? There are over a dozen.

Michaelab ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 2:24 PM

Ok, I deleted the two fastscatter nodes I saw. Is there anything else I need to do?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 10:45 AM

can you post a screen shot of your material room?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.